Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I need to switch to master branch again and try again?

[edit]

I think I misunderstood, I stayed at 'alc280test' branch and updated git.
I have audio back again, headphone doesn't work and microphone does, I think how it was with alc280combo at the start right?

You reverted to the old files
of ALC280?

Reply with Y / n:

-speaker working?
-comboJack working (external mic + headphones).
-Internal working mic?

of ALC280?

Reply with Y / n:

-speaker working?
-Internal working mic?

@Theetjuh can confirm, but my understanding...

With original ALC280 combo jack files....
- combojack is working for switching input
- headphone is detecting the switch, but output continues from speakers

(I got them from another post where a user reported them working on a different HP, I can probably dig it up, or you can see the files in Resources_ProBook. ALC280 in this repo uses layout-id 4, PathMap 4)

Original ALC280 (no combo jack)
- combojack not working (it isn't in the files)
- headphone works as expected

Note: Just now I reverted 'master' to the ALC280 without combo jack support (but working headphone).

hi Rehab Man Sleep after on my camera and bluetooth not working old hot patch work is fine thanks

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-04-22 at 8.14.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-04-22 at 8.14.38 PM.png
    32.9 KB · Views: 90
  • Riyadku’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    5 MB · Views: 138
Clover does not inject kexts from EFI when config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts=Detect and FakeSMC is in kernel cache (due to being installed to the system volume).

This guide installs all kexts to the system volume (at /L/E). As a result, you should not expect kexts you add to EFI to have any effect when you boot your system partition.

If you want the FakeSMC sensors, you need to install them to /L/E.

I installed kexts with Kext Wizard and HWMonitors read all sensors :thumbup:.

SSDT-FAN-MOD working perfect now.

Maybe SSDT-FAN-READ have some problems. With SSDT-FAN-READ I have temp 80C and FAN not working.

Now I'm using FAN-MOD and all is good!

I installed kexts with Kext Wizard and HWMonitors read all sensors :thumbup:.

Using KextWizard is a mistake. It will install to /S/L/E. So then you have duplicate FakeSMC in /L/E and /S/L/E.

Maybe SSDT-FAN-READ have some problems. With SSDT-FAN-READ I have temp 80C and FAN not working.

You probably forgot HPFanReset.efi.

You should check since bad things will happen if you're multi booting to Windows or Linux.

PBI is no longer supported. Recommend following this guide and using Clover Hotpatch also update kexts.
I read about that in nguyenmac profile. The question was about updating to 10.11.4 with latest PBI and system stability. Can't hotpatch now, because need to finish my project in time, and if system will crash during update to 10.11.4 with latest PBI or during transition from PBI to this hotpatch, I will fail that.
There is a section in post #1 on how to transition from PBI-CE. You should read the entire post.
Yes, I saw that section. Ty.
In addition to other problems with PBI-CE, PBI-CE does not support 10.11.4.
Got it. Thank you very much!

I read about that in nguyenmac profile. The question was about updating to 10.11.4 with latest PBI and system stability. Can't hotpatch now, because need to finish my project in time, and if system will crash during update to 10.11.4 with latest PBI or this hotpatch, I will fail that.
Yes, I saw that section. Ty.

In addition to other problems with PBI-CE, PBI-CE does not support 10.11.4.

of ALC280?

Reply with Y / n:

-speaker working?
-Internal working mic?
@Theetjuh can confirm, but my understanding...

With original ALC280 combo jack files....
- combojack is working for switching input
- headphone is detecting the switch, but output continues from speakers

(I got them from another post where a user reported them working on a different HP, I can probably dig it up, or you can see the files in Resources_ProBook. ALC280 in this repo uses layout-id 4, PathMap 4)

Original ALC280 (no combo jack)
- combojack not working (it isn't in the files)
- headphone works as expected

Note: Just now I reverted 'master' to the ALC280 without combo jack support (but working headphone).
I'm using alc280test at the moment, RehabMan can point out what is in there and not.
  • Without headphone connected, speakers and microphone are working through onboard.
  • With only headphone connected (3 pin), headphone and speakers produce no sound, but onboard microphone is working (as expected).
  • With headphone + microphone connected (4 pin), headphone and speakers again produce no sound, but the external microphone is working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back