Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool! everything is working! Thank you!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Note that this SSDT adds a cosmetic fix only. It is not needed.

Yes, exactly, but it now because I installed the system in the autumn by the method of the patched DSDT in which wifi card was registered as a built - "built-in", Buffer () {0x00}. If I understand correctly, the Network.plist formed when installing the system, so the WiFi working, assigned to en0, marked IOBuiltIn = true. But if I installed the system on a new SSDT technique, the system does not detect the card as a built-in on and off Apple services.

But now, with the new SSDT wifi all ok! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

No. Your ioreg shows IOBuiltIn=true without the SSDT (because your original SSDT was incorrect/ineffective).

It is with this option, the system determines my wifi card as built. I checked several times in the Mavericks, Yosemite, El Capitan. Removes the parameter and do not work Apple services, return back and everything works.

No. It was already built-in without the (working) SSDT.

Note that this SSDT adds a cosmetic fix only. It is not needed.

No. Your ioreg shows IOBuiltIn=true without the SSDT (because your original SSDT was incorrect/ineffective).

No. It was already built-in without the (working) SSDT.

I'm understood, thank you!

RehabMan,

I originally had a problem with my audio, and you told me to reinstall using the current guide here. I reinstalled the OS, and it's mostly working, but the following will not work for me.

Audio Works but won't switch automatically between headphones and internal speakers. I tried once booted up with headphones, and it changed, but otherwise, it won't change between ports.

Battery Icon in the top status bar does not display battery info.

Also scared does not show up, but showed up during previous install.

The last part of the article on power management didn't work for me, but power works correctly as far as I can tell.

Enclosed are the files.

Thanks In Advance

Attachments

• files.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 108
RehabMan,

I originally had a problem with my audio, and you told me to reinstall using the current guide here. I reinstalled the OS, and it's mostly working, but the following will not work for me.

Audio Works but won't switch automatically between headphones and internal speakers. I tried once booted up with headphones, and it changed, but otherwise, it won't change between ports.

Battery Icon in the top status bar does not display battery info.

Also scared does not show up, but showed up during previous install.

The last part of the article on power management didn't work for me, but power works correctly as far as I can tell.

Enclosed are the files.

Thanks In Advance

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

This guide works fine with Mavericks & Snow Leopard also your project works from your fork just fine. Only thing that didn't work was Probook.hda but sorted that. One weird thing I'm having is if i boot 10.9.5 i get a black screen no apple logo but boots into 10.9.5 just fine not sure what thats all about maybe a glitch with clover or something. Everything is sorted. Ive left Trim disabled didn't enable it after. Sorry if off-topic.

Hi, RehabMan!
Thank you for your contribution, I had to reinstall hackintoch to upgrade my ssd. This guide seems to work on my laptop.

At first, I've installed it according to previous PBI-CE guide, but I couldn't make audio working, so I followed "transition from PBI-CE based install", and it helped.

But I have an issue. After repairing permissions, restart and shutdown goes too fast, may be within 3 seconds, I think it is kind of unnatural.

Attachments

• IORegistryExplorer.zip
    267.6 KB · Views: 84
  • RehabMan.zip
    55.5 KB · Views: 86
Hi, RehabMan!
Thank you for your contribution, I had to reinstall hackintoch to upgrade my ssd. This guide seems to work on my laptop.

At first, I've installed it according to previous PBI-CE guide, but I couldn't make audio working, so I followed "transition from PBI-CE based install", and it helped.

But I have an issue. After repairing permissions, restart and shutdown goes too fast, may be within 3 seconds, I think it is kind of unnatural.

Id recommend updating every kext. Kexts from PBI are old and needs to be updated. Clone RehabMans Fork you can install the kexts from Project via terminal. Follow guide #1 to do that.

Id recommend updating every kext. Kexts from PBI are old and needs to be updated. Clone RehabMans Fork you can install the kexts from Project via terminal. Follow guide #1 to do that.

I've followed full post installation guide except for power management, is this enough to update old kexts?
I have also just noticed that I don't have audio volume indicator in menu bar.

I've followed full post installation guide except for power management, is this enough to update old kexts?
I have also just noticed that I don't have audio volume indicator in menu bar.

Power Management is the most important thing. You need to follow the full guide.

My info:

Mobo: HP ProBook 4530s (Clover)
CPU: i3-2310m
Graphics: HD3000, 1366x768
Clover UEFI

I'll update my signature

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back