Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
thank you ,i will try it

I am so sorry to just budge in like this but i have a seriois problem, im hackintoshing acer e1-571 i3-2310m and i tends to couse panic cpu when i try to boot clover legacy, i doesn't support uefi boot.
What must i post so i can receive aid because its been weeks now.

I am so sorry to just budge in like this but i have a seriois problem, im hackintoshing acer e1-571 i3-2310m and i tends to couse panic cpu when i try to boot clover legacy, i doesn't support uefi boot.
What must i post so i can receive aid because its been weeks now.

Off-topic. Open a separate thread in the support forum: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

I followed this guide to migrate from PBI-CE to this hotpatch and everything went smoothly, no issues with any of the hardware except the usual issue with waking from sleep and my wifi and actually my camera now. Camera fails to re-initialize after waking from sleep, and the Wifi's 5GHz fails to register properly. As before, prior to 10.11.4, neither of these had issues after waking from sleep.

Another thing I noticed is my Functions keys are not working properly. My volume down key disables my touchpad, my volume up and previous track change my brightness and the volume mute, battery, and lock buttons control my volume. o_O

I am suppose to use the SSDT-KEY87.aml for the 4x40s correct?

I followed this guide to migrate from PBI-CE to this hotpatch and everything went smoothly, no issues with any of the hardware except the usual issue with waking from sleep and my wifi and actually my camera now. Camera fails to re-initialize after waking from sleep, and the Wifi's 5GHz fails to register properly. As before, prior to 10.11.4, neither of these had issues after waking from sleep.

Did you disable "wake for network access" as detailed in post #1?

As for camera, please provide details. Is it just after "long sleep"?

I am suppose to use the SSDT-KEY87.aml for the 4x40s correct?

No.

Wake on Network Access is infact disabled. Camera it doesn't matter if it is a long sleep or a brief sleep as soon as I wake it. Facetime reports no camera installed and system information also reports no camera installed.

Do I use any of the SSDT-KEY*.aml's? Or do I just leave that one out entirely?

Wake on Network Access is infact disabled.

What region of the world are you in? Did you use the correct 5ghz patch for your region.

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Camera it doesn't matter if it is a long sleep or a brief sleep as soon as I wake it.

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting"

Do I use any of the SSDT-KEY*.aml's? Or do I just leave that one out entirely?

You must choose one. There are only two choices.

I am currently in the US.

Attached is the requested information.

Please let me know if you need anything additional.

Btw, this is before my laptop has gone to sleep so everything is functional including the camera, and 5GHz band on the WiFi.. Wasn't aware that there was a patch needed for something that is already functional?

Attachments

• DiagnosticFiles.zip
    4.8 MB · Views: 144
I am currently in the US.

Attached is the requested information.

Please let me know if you need anything additional.

Btw, this is before my laptop has gone to sleep so everything is functional including the camera, and 5GHz band on the WiFi.. Wasn't aware that there was a patch needed for something that is already functional?

USBXHCI_4x40s.kext should not be installed. This guide doesn't use it (I will add some code to ./install_downloads.sh to remove it).

You have a tricky "mixed" configuration. HD3000/Sandy + 7-series. Definitely not a contemplated scenario by Apple. You might try a different setup for this... change to MacBookPro8,2 SMBIOS.

You have 14e4:4353, BCM943224 HMB, 2.4/5 GHz abgn. Maybe it doesn't need the 5ghz patch which seems to be indicated for BCM94352HMB. Try removing it from your config.plist.

Installed on a 450 G2 Haskell with HD4400. Everything is working except for battery monitor. Shows an X through it. Tried both SSDT-Batt.aml and SSDT-Batt-G2.aml. I've attached the diagnostic files as a zip. Wasn't sure how to show the output of kextstat and touch so it's a PDF. Thank you very much.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 113
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back