Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 4730s has a 1600x900 display. And certain 1600x900 displays seem to be problematic, especially with HD3000. The problem kind of re-appeared in 10.11/10.12 (or so). Some replace with 1080p...

No idea without "Problem Reporting" files...

Your signature is missing screen resolution, but most 4730s come with 1600x900. Please fix.

I updated my signature to show my screen resolution and attached are the files according to FAQ and req :)

Once again thanks

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 157
I updated my signature to show my screen resolution and attached are the files according to FAQ and req :)

Once again thanks

I notice you used the beta branch (thanks for testing that).
Everything looks fine/as expected.
So... if you have a problem with HD3000, I think it is the classic 1600x900 problems.
Some solutions involve SwitchResX to change the refresh (google it)...
or changing to a 1080p display.

I notice you used the beta branch (thanks for testing that).
Everything looks fine/as expected.
So... if you have a problem with HD3000, I think it is the classic 1600x900 problems.
Some solutions involve SwitchResX to change the refresh (google it)...
or changing to a 1080p display.

Thanks so much for the immediate feedback

Sounds like everything as expected so far...
Note: I updated post #1 to indicate that the guide is working for 100-series Kabylake.

Test shutdown and restart too...
Added EmuVariableUefi-64.efi now I don't have a problem with brightness .....theres something strange laptop won't shutdown when AC is connected i.e. it shuts down and then starts on its own ,what could be the problem ??

Attachments

• AppleHDA.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 89
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 94
  • kextcache.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 87
  • kextstat.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 85
  • KUL’s MacBook Air.zip
    512.2 KB · Views: 84
  • RehabMan.zip
    70.6 KB · Views: 82
Yes.

We used to use MacBookPro9,2 so that USB3 would work well with XHC->XHC1 patch and a bunch of other patches to do XHCI routing to EHCI the way it is done on a real MacBookPro9,2. But that method stopped working on 10.11.

But with FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext, we don't need those patches for XHC, therefore we can use the SMBIOS that better matches the CPU instead of the XHC chipset.
Okay, thank you! I'm using the MacBook Pro8,1 SMBIOS right now. Everything works fine so far, but I noticed an update in the Appstore.

ZpYV9bq.png

I'm just wondering should I apply the update or not.

Added EmuVariableUefi-64.efi now I don't have a problem with brightness .....theres something strange laptop won't shutdown when AC is connected i.e. it shuts down and then starts on its own ,what could be the problem ??

May be USB related (devices you have plugged in). Known problem with the Skylake model, probably carried over into the Kabylake model.

If you boot verbose, you can bet verbose shutdown...
But we still need to implement USB correctly.

Last edited:
Okay, thank you! I'm using the MacBook Pro8,1 SMBIOS right now. Everything works fine so far, but I noticed an update in the Appstore.

ZpYV9bq.png

I'm just wondering should I apply the update or not.

Firmware updates for Apple products are not applicable. They will have no effect once downloaded (only Apple EFI firmware would recognize its existence).

You can make it go away by updating the SMBIOS BiosVersion.
I have this link in my notes...

SMBIOS as relates to firmware/BIOS version
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201518

May be USB related (devices you have plugged in). Known problem with the Skylake model, probably carried over into the Kabylake model.

If you boot verbose, you can bet verbose shutdown...
But we still need to implement USB correctly.
Had not connected any device with the USB ports, only AC. Trying very hard to get USB-C to USB3.0 from where I come , its very very new.....Also changed AppleHDA patches in the config-plist volume works very well when connected to a external device no change with internal speakers

Also changed AppleHDA patches in the config-plist volume works very well when connected to a external device no change with internal speakers

I don't know what you mean by "volume works very well when connected to a external device"...
No native volume controls for HDMI audio device expected (it is not a feature of macOS/OS X).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back