Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also one more question about your recommendation, should I install 10.12 or I should stay with 10.11 ?
Its my main computer and only and no other os. If your recommendation is stay on 10.11. then, when the right time to upgrade into 10.12 ?

Sorry OOT

Install same version you currently have. It would be nonsense to compare two separate versions...

Greetings and a big thank you for all the hard works and very explicit guide.
I had a fairly stable Yosemite install with the previous method until a bios update killed the OS. I decided to to give el capitan a try with the Clover hot-patch method.
I have an Elitebook 840 G1 with an i7 4600m and for the most part things work with eh exception of the touchpad - have to use usb mouse and keyboard, the sound and I get some glitches on the screen much like I had before the intel HD patching on Yosemite.
I tried your new version of the voodoo-ps2 but this is of no help.
I am willing to go back to Yosemite if complete function is not attainable.
I would appreciate some help and again thanks for all your hard work.

Read post #1, "Known Problems", "Audio".
From ioreg, I don't see anything wrong with graphics. Check BIOS settings.
You should not have installed Android File Transfer. See FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

For touchpad, looks ok from ioreg. Do EC reset.

Hi, i have HP Probook 6460b with 1600x900 res.
Installed 10.12.3 with clover latest.
The step "./install_downloads.sh" finishes with errors.

Code:
johns-mbp:probook.git john$  ./install_downloads.sh
This script requires superuser access...
Installing tools...
installing RehabMan-MaciASL-2017-0117/MaciASL.app to /Applications
Password:
installing RehabMan-patchmatic-2016-0312/patchmatic to /usr/bin
installing iasl/iasl to /usr/bin
Installing kexts...
installing RehabMan-Atheros-2015-0624/Release/IOath3kfrmwr.kext to /Library/Extensions
installing RehabMan-Battery-2016-1118/Release/ACPIBatteryManager.kext to /Library/Extensions
installing RehabMan-BrcmPatchRAM-2016-0705/Release/BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext to /Library/Extensions
installing RehabMan-BrcmPatchRAM-2016-0705/Release/BrcmNonPatchRAM2.kext to /Library/Extensions
installing RehabMan-BrcmPatchRAM-2016-0705/Release/BrcmPatchRAM2.kext to /Library/Extensions
installing RehabMan-CodecCommander-2016-0721/Release/CodecCommander.kext to /Library/Extensions
installing RehabMan-FakePCIID-2017-0109/Release/FakePCIID.kext to /Library/Extensions
installing RehabMan-FakePCIID-2017-0109/Release/FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext to /Library/Extensions
installing RehabMan-FakePCIID-2017-0109/Release/FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext to /Library/Extensions
installing RehabMan-FakePCIID-2017-0109/Release/FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext to /Library/Extensions
installing RehabMan-FakePCIID-2017-0109/Release/FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext to /Library/Extensions
installing RehabMan-FakeSMC-2017-0117/FakeSMC.kext to /Library/Extensions
installing RehabMan-FakeSMC-2017-0117/HWMonitor.app to /Applications
installing RehabMan-IntelBacklight-2016-0506/Release/IntelBacklight.kext to /Library/Extensions
installing RehabMan-IntelMausiEthernet-v2-2016-0419/Release/IntelMausiEthernet.kext to /Library/Extensions
installing RehabMan-Poller-2015-1230/Release/ACPIPoller.kext to /Library/Extensions
installing RehabMan-Realtek-Network-v2-2015-1230/Release/RealtekRTL8111.kext to /Library/Extensions
installing RehabMan-USBInjectAll-2017-0112/Release/USBInjectAll.kext to /Library/Extensions
installing RehabMan-Voodoo-2016-1208/Release/VoodooPS2Controller.kext to /Library/Extensions
installing BrcmPatchRAM2.kext to /Library/Extensions
installing BrcmNonPatchRAM2.kext to /Library/Extensions
installing USBInjectAll.kext to /Library/Extensions
Creating AppleHDA_ProBook.kext...cp: /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/: No such file or directory
rm: AppleHDA_ProBook.kext/Contents/Resources/*: No such file or directory
rm: AppleHDA_ProBook.kext/Contents/PlugIns: No such file or directory
rm: AppleHDA_ProBook.kext/Contents/_CodeSignature: No such file or directory
rm: AppleHDA_ProBook.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA: No such file or directory
rm: AppleHDA_ProBook.kext/Contents/version.plist: No such file or directory
ln: AppleHDA_ProBook.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA: No such file or directory
cp: AppleHDA_ProBook.kext/Contents/Resources/layout12.xml: No such file or directory
cp: AppleHDA_ProBook.kext/Contents/Resources/layout13.xml: No such file or directory
cp: AppleHDA_ProBook.kext/Contents/Resources/layout17.xml: No such file or directory
cp: AppleHDA_ProBook.kext/Contents/Resources/layout18.xml: No such file or directory
cp: AppleHDA_ProBook.kext/Contents/Resources/layout19.xml: No such file or directory
cp: AppleHDA_ProBook.kext/Contents/Resources/layout3.xml: No such file or directory
cp: AppleHDA_ProBook.kext/Contents/Resources/layout4.xml: No such file or directory
cp: AppleHDA_ProBook.kext/Contents/Resources/layout5.xml: No such file or directory
cp: AppleHDA_ProBook.kext/Contents/Resources/layout6.xml: No such file or directory
cp: AppleHDA_ProBook.kext/Contents/Resources/layout7.xml: No such file or directory
Cannot parse a NULL or zero-length data
Error Reading File: /tmp/rm_Platforms.plist
cp: AppleHDA_ProBook.kext/Contents/Resources/Platforms.xml: No such file or directory
./patch_hda.sh: line 51: AppleHDA_ProBook.kext/Contents/Resources/*.xml.zlib: No such file or directory
rm: AppleHDA_ProBook.kext/Contents/Resources/*.xml: No such file or directory
Print: Entry, ":NSHumanReadableCopyright", Does Not Exist
Parse Error: Unclosed Quotes
Value Required for Set Command
Print: Entry, ":CFBundleGetInfoString", Does Not Exist
Print: Entry, ":CFBundleVersion", Does Not Exist
Print: Entry, ":CFBundleShortVersionString", Does Not Exist
File Doesn't Exist, Will Create: AppleHDA_ProBook.kext/Contents/Info.plist
Merge: ":HardwareConfigDriver_Temp" Entry Does Not Exist
Copy: Entry, ":HardwareConfigDriver_Temp:IOKitPersonalities:HDA Hardware Config Resource", Does Not Exist
Delete: Entry, ":HardwareConfigDriver_Temp", Does Not Exist
Delete: Entry, ":IOKitPersonalities:HDA Hardware Config Resource:HDAConfigDefault", Does Not Exist
Delete: Entry, ":IOKitPersonalities:HDA Hardware Config Resource:PostConstructionInitialization", Does Not Exist
Set: Entry, ":IOKitPersonalities:HDA Hardware Config Resource:IOProbeScore", Does Not Exist
Merge: ":IOKitPersonalities:HDA Hardware Config Resource" Entry Does Not Exist
Done.
Creating AppleHDAHCD_ProBook.kext...cp: /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext/Contents/Info.plist: No such file or directory
Print: Entry, ":NSHumanReadableCopyright", Does Not Exist
Print: Entry, ":CFBundleGetInfoString", Does Not Exist
Print: Entry, ":CFBundleVersion", Does Not Exist
Print: Entry, ":CFBundleShortVersionString", Does Not Exist
File Doesn't Exist, Will Create: AppleHDAHCD_ProBook.kext/Contents/Info.plist
Delete: Entry, ":BuildMachineOSBuild", Does Not Exist
Delete: Entry, ":DTCompiler", Does Not Exist
Delete: Entry, ":DTPlatformBuild", Does Not Exist
Delete: Entry, ":DTPlatformVersion", Does Not Exist
Delete: Entry, ":DTSDKBuild", Does Not Exist
Delete: Entry, ":DTSDKName", Does Not Exist
Delete: Entry, ":DTXcode", Does Not Exist
Delete: Entry, ":DTXcodeBuild", Does Not Exist
Delete: Entry, ":OSBundleLibraries", Does Not Exist
Delete: Entry, ":CFBundleExecutable", Does Not Exist
Set: Entry, ":CFBundleIdentifier", Does Not Exist
Set: Entry, ":CFBundleName", Does Not Exist
Set: Entry, ":CFBundleShortVersionString", Does Not Exist
Set: Entry, ":CFBundleVersion", Does Not Exist
Set: Entry, ":CFBundleGetInfoString", Does Not Exist
Set: Entry, ":NSHumanReadableCopyright", Does Not Exist
Merge: Error Reading File: /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext/Contents/Info.plist
Delete: Entry, ":IOKitPersonalities:HDA Hardware Config Resource", Does Not Exist
Copy: Entry, ":HardwareConfigDriver_Temp:IOKitPersonalities:HDA Hardware Config Resource", Does Not Exist
Delete: Entry, ":IOKitPersonalities:HDA Hardware Config Resource:HDAConfigDefault", Does Not Exist
Delete: Entry, ":IOKitPersonalities:HDA Hardware Config Resource:PostConstructionInitialization", Does Not Exist
Done.
usage: cp [-R [-H | -L | -P]] [-fi | -n] [-apvX] source_file target_file
       cp [-R [-H | -L | -P]] [-fi | -n] [-apvX] source_file ... target_directory
tag: The file “AppleHDA.kext” couldn’t be opened because there is no such file.
installing HSSDBlockStorage.kext to /Library/Extensions
installing JMB38X.kext to /Library/Extensions
installing JMicronATA.kext to /Library/Extensions
installing ProBookAtheros.kext to /Library/Extensions
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Mouse.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Controller.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext USBInjectAll.kext
kext file:///Library/Extensions/JMicronATA.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext JMB38X.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext IOath3kfrmwr.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext IntelBacklight.kext
kext file:///Library/Extensions/HSSDBlockStorage.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext CodecCommander.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ACPIPoller.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ACPIBatteryManager.kext
HWInfo.kext - dependency 'org.netkas.FakeSMC' not found.
HWInfo.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67050 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA16 for kext HWInfo.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext AppleIntelE1000e.kext
Prelink failed for org.slice.HWInfo; omitting from prelinked kernel.
KernelCache ID: 53E2AAA404EAC542C9388FCDE0B6B913
symlink("/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel", "/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache") failed 17 (File exists) <createPrelinkedKernel 2795>
Installing VoodooPS2Daemon to /usr/bin and /Library/LaunchDaemons...
Installing HPFanReset.efi to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI
johns-mbp:probook.git john$

EC reset fixed video and touchpad. Decided to go with VoodooHDA and everything si now working again.
Thank you sir.

This guide does not use VoodooHDA.

Hi, i have HP Probook 6460b with 1600x900 res.
Installed 10.12.3 with clover latest.
The step "./install_downloads.sh" finishes with errors.

Creating AppleHDA_ProBook.kext...cp: /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/: No such file or directory

Why did you delete /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext?
From where did you download macOS?
On what hardware did you create your USB installer?

It is possible your system has a very slow HDD (or slow SSD) and the 15-second wait that IntelBacklight.kext has is not enough.
I think systems with fast SSDs don't run into the problem. And even on my 4530s, I have an hybrid SHDD, which certainly speeds boot times.

Try with this one. It waits forever (which I think in reality is capped to 60 seconds).

Thanks for the file! Apologies for late reply due to work. Super dumb question, you know how typically third party kexts are installed in /Library/Extensions instead of /System/Library/Extensions.

Well I don't know how to properly install the kext into Library/Extensions as the script you wrote did it automatically when I followed your installation guide (Very well spoon fed by your guide. Good/Bad thing :D). Also many other kext installers tend to install /System/Library/Extensions only and manual methods seem to require a specific permission that I do not know of.

Holding it off till I am sure.

Thanks for the file! Apologies for late reply due to work. Super dumb question, you know how typically third party kexts are installed in /Library/Extensions instead of /System/Library/Extensions.

Well I don't know how to properly install the kext into Library/Extensions as the script you wrote did it automatically when I followed your installation guide (Very well spoon fed by your guide. Good/Bad thing :D). Also many other kext installers tend to install /System/Library/Extensions only and manual methods seem to require a specific permission that I do not know of.

Holding it off till I am sure.

You can use Terminal to install to /Library/Extensions:
Code:
sudo cp -R KextToInstall.kext /Library/Extensions

Replace 'KextToInstall.kext' with the actual name of the kext and make sure you 'cd' to the correct directory before attempting.... (basic Terminal skills required).

Yes. That is 2.2.6, which is one less rev than the current 2.2.7.
There is a particular change by the-darkvoid that I thought might be related (see commit log).
But it must be some other problem....
Code:
BrcmPatchRAM: [0a5c:6412]: Not responding - Delaying next read.
BrcmPatchRAM: [0a5c:6412]: device request failed ("0xe00002ed (UNDEFINED)" 0xe00002ed).
Does this problem related to ACPI? USB? or code in hciCommand? Found Bluetooth device in System Information, but cannot open BT device.

Does bitbucket has a debug version of BrcmPatchRam?

Attachments

• 14f27.zip
    2 MB · Views: 71
Code:
BrcmPatchRAM: [0a5c:6412]: Not responding - Delaying next read.
BrcmPatchRAM: [0a5c:6412]: device request failed ("0xe00002ed (UNDEFINED)" 0xe00002ed).
Does this problem related to ACPI? USB? or code in hciCommand? Found Bluetooth device in System Information, but cannot open BT device.

Does bitbucket has a debug version of BrcmPatchRam?

It looks like some sort of USB problem.
Try without SSDT-USB-1020-G1.aml

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back