Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thats the problem. With my external monitor attached I can boot with the clover usb and both displays work fine, I can then do the post installation steps, but when I reboot all I get is crash with external monitor attached, so I have to revert plist back to usb version and delete ssdt's to get back into Sierra.

The solution is simple: Provide "Problem Reporting" files without external monitor connected.
There is no need to use an external monitor in order to boot your laptop, right?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z270N-WIFI
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
RX 560
The solution is simple: Provide "Problem Reporting" files without external monitor connected.
There is no need to use an external monitor in order to boot your laptop, right?

Ok, I thought it has to be connected as it said so in the post #1 when reporting about DisplayPort issues. I have to get some sleep now, thanks for the help, I'll try again tomorrow.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z270N-WIFI
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
RX 560
Quick question. When I have lowres internal screen I obviously use SSDT-IGPU.aml. But if i'm planning on using external highres monitor also with displayport, do I have to use SSDT-IGPU-HIRES.aml?

Your trackpad is ALPS... not supported by this guide.
Your HDMI is likely attached directly to the Nvidia chip. Not covered by this guide...
As for the shutdown problem, you need customized USB SSDT.
And for the headphone jack, which steps should I take to get it working?

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Quick question. When I have lowres internal screen I obviously use SSDT-IGPU.aml. But if i'm planning on using external highres monitor also with displayport, do I have to use SSDT-IGPU-HIRES.aml?

External display resolution is irrelevant.

Look for different XML for AppleHDA and test.
Already found some XML's on your GitHub but no guide on how to use this in the readme. I don't have that much experience in the hackintosh world.
Code:
https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch/tree/master/Resources_ProBook

Motherboard
HP Elitebook 8460p MacOs Sierra 10.12.1
CPU
i5 2.5ghz 12GB ram
Graphics
HD 3000 1600x900
I want to update from 10.12.1 to 10.12.2, should I do anything special? Would some things not work after the update ? Thanks

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Already found some XML's on your GitHub but no guide on how to use this in the readme. I don't have that much experience in the hackintosh world.
Code:
https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch/tree/master/Resources_ProBook

Those are the XML that is already part of the guide...

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I want to update from 10.12.1 to 10.12.2, should I do anything special? Would some things not work after the update ? Thanks

You should be able to update from the App Store.

Status
Not open for further replies.