Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I deleted everything and started from the start. With SSDT-IGPU.aml and "cp ./config/config_2x70p.plist /Volumes/EFI/EFI/Clover/config.plist" I get this config.plist (attached). Isn't this wrong?

For your 2570p, this setup will result in ig-platform-id 0x01660003. There are no framebuffer patches in the resulting config.plist for 0x01660003.

You will need to provide a detailed description of the problem (including details for hardware you are connecting) and "Problem Reporting" files as requested in post #1.

For the 2570p in your signature, correct install_acpi.sh: ./install_acpi.sh install_2x70

Because it is 1366x768, it will use SSDT-IGPU.aml.

With multiple laptops matching this guide, it is best to specify the laptop you are asking about in each post.

Ok, sorry I forgot to specify it in all posts. So this is the config.plist I got with "./install_acpi.sh install_2x70" attachment at post #4751. So if I understood correctly, that plist uses HDMI instead of DP? It has 2 values for HD4000 in kexts to patch section.

#14 HDMI-video, 64MB BIOS, HD4000 0x01660004 #1 of 2
#15 HDMI-video, 64MB BIOS, HD4000 0x01660004 #2 of 2 (order dependency, port 0406 patch)

How should I configure those so that I can get DP to external monitor working? Also is this correct for 1366x768 as it is 0x01660004 and not 0x01660003?

Ok, sorry I forgot to specify it in all posts. So this is the config.plist I got with "./install_acpi.sh install_2x70" attachment at post #4751. So if I understood correctly, that plist uses HDMI instead of DP? It has 2 values for HD4000 in kexts to patch section.

#14 HDMI-video, 64MB BIOS, HD4000 0x01660004 #1 of 2
#15 HDMI-video, 64MB BIOS, HD4000 0x01660004 #2 of 2 (order dependency, port 0406 patch)

How should I configure those so that I can get DP to external monitor working? Also is this correct for 1366x768 as it is 0x01660004 and not 0x01660003?

I don't know what you mean by "this is the config.plist I got". Nothing is attached. Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

The two patches you mention are not for HDMI. They are for HDMI and DP. And they are specific to hires displays/HD4000 (using ig-platform-id 0x01660004). You are using 0x01660003 due to your 1366x768 internal display.

As I wrote in #4755... again: You will need to provide a detailed description of the problem (including details for hardware you are connecting) and "Problem Reporting" files as requested in post #1.

I don't know what you mean by "this is the config.plist I got". Nothing is attached. Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

The two patches you mention are not for HDMI. They are for HDMI and DP. And they are specific to hires displays/HD4000 (using ig-platform-id 0x01660004). You are using 0x01660003 due to your 1366x768 internal display.

As I wrote in #4755... again: You will need to provide a detailed description of the problem (including details for hardware you are connecting) and "Problem Reporting" files as requested in post #1.

Files are attached on post #4734, ignore clover.zip, correct clover is attached on post #4741.

I have EliteBook 2570p (1366x768) connected with DP into Dell U3417W (3440x1440). I have laptop lid closed and I use the external monitor. When I do the post installation steps, "./install_acpi.sh install_2x70" I get config.plist that is attached on post #4741. That config.plist has 0x01660004 on kexts to patch section, so it is for hires displays. Is that what it should use or is it detecting the resolution of external monitor and decides to use highres version even though I do this "./install_acpi.sh install_2x70"?

After I have completed all the post install steps and I reboot, I get crash. If I unplug the external monitor, all works fine, but when I'm successfully logged in Sierra and plug the external monitor I again get instant crash.

Files are attached on post #4734,

That CLOVER.zip is wrong, as mentioned in post #4735. It invalidates the data I'm seeing in ioreg (wrong input, wrong output).

You need to provide "Problem Reporting" files that correspond with following the guide, in one post.
I can't guess about what you're actually doing.

Your problem is probably monitor specific. But I can't be sure, as I still have yet to receive files as requested in "Problem Reporting".

That CLOVER.zip is wrong, as mentioned in post #4735. It invalidates the data I'm seeing in ioreg (wrong input, wrong output).

You need to provide "Problem Reporting" files that correspond with following the guide, in one post.
I can't guess about what you're actually doing.

Your problem is probably monitor specific. But I can't be sure, as I still have yet to receive files as requested in "Problem Reporting".

Correct clover is attached on post #4741

Correct clover is attached on post #4741

Need ioreg that corresponds. Please provide all files and output as requested in "Problem Reporting" in a single reply.

Final request.

Need ioreg that corresponds. Please provide all files and output as requested in "Problem Reporting" in a single reply.

Final request.

Thats the problem. With my external monitor attached I can boot with the clover usb and both displays work fine, I can then do the post installation steps, but when I reboot all I get is crash with external monitor attached, so I have to revert plist back to usb version and delete ssdt's to get back into Sierra.

Thats the problem. With my external monitor attached I can boot with the clover usb and both displays work fine, I can then do the post installation steps, but when I reboot all I get is crash with external monitor attached, so I have to revert plist back to usb version and delete ssdt's to get back into Sierra.

The solution is simple: Provide "Problem Reporting" files without external monitor connected.
There is no need to use an external monitor in order to boot your laptop, right?

The solution is simple: Provide "Problem Reporting" files without external monitor connected.
There is no need to use an external monitor in order to boot your laptop, right?

Ok, I thought it has to be connected as it said so in the post #1 when reporting about DisplayPort issues. I have to get some sleep now, thanks for the help, I'll try again tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back