Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This looks as expected. If you have some issue with DP, you should try disabling the "HDMI-video, 64MB BIOS, HD4000 0x01660004 #1 of 2". The #2 of #2 patch is, of course, needed to enable the DP port at all.

Hi,
Sorry, where should I disable those. BIOS or plist? Did I understood correctly that these patches disable DP and enable HDMI instead?

Hi,
Sorry, where should I disable those. BIOS or plist?

config.plist
Use a plist editor such as Xcode or PlistEdit Pro.

Did I understood correctly that these patches disable DP and enable HDMI instead?

Your understanding is incorrect. They enable 64MB BIOS memory in the framebuffer and external DP ports.
There is are different patches (for different models, using different config.plist files) for HDMI.

No other reports of problems with this setup by other users... so I suspect your problem is device specific (eg. caused by the device you're plugging in).

config.plist
Use a plist editor such as Xcode or PlistEdit Pro.

Your understanding is incorrect. They enable 64MB BIOS memory in the framebuffer and external DP ports.
There is are different patches (for different models, using different config.plist files) for HDMI.

No other reports of problems with this setup by other users... so I suspect your problem is device specific (eg. caused by the device you're plugging in).

Ok, do you mean Kext to patch, patch 0,1 and 2? #1 and #2 are "Disabled=Yes" by default.

When I boot without the SSDT's and use the plist from usb, both internal and external displays work ok. As soon as I patch the SSDT and add 2570p plist I get crash on boot if external is connected. If I boot without external plugged it works fine, but plugging it in causes instant crash.

Ok, do you mean Kext to patch, patch 0,1 and 2? #1 and #2 are "Disabled=Yes" by default.

Each patch has a comment. I clearly identified the patch by its comment in post #4742.

When I boot without the SSDT's and use the plist from usb, both internal and external displays work ok. As soon as I patch the SSDT and add 2570p plist I get crash on boot if external is connected. If I boot without external plugged it works fine, but plugging it in causes instant crash.

Post #4734 shows you're using the wrong config.plist for your hardware.
And the ioreg shows your internal display is not working.
You're using 0x01660003 where 0x01660004 is required for the internal 1600x900 display.
Also in #4741, you're using the wrong ACPI setup. You need SSDT-IGPU-HIRES.aml for 1600x900. Use the correct parameter to install_acpi.sh.

Also, your profile is wrong. It indicates only Radeon graphics, where clearly you also have HD4000. Please fix.

I'm surprised you didn't mention your internal display not working... I didn't even look initially at the ig-platform-id in use, as you mentioned only issues with external display.

You should follow the guide correctly and as written.
Note:
Code:
SPEEDY-NUC:probook.git rehabman$ ./install_acpi.sh help|grep 8x70
install_8x70 
install_8x70_hires

Your 1600x900 internal display corresponds to install_8x70_hires.

What kind of external display are you plugging in?

Last edited:
Each patch has a comment. I clearly identified the patch by its comment in post #4742.

Post #4734 shows you're using the wrong config.plist for your hardware.
And the ioreg shows your internal display is not working.
You're using 0x01660003 where 0x01660004 is required for the internal 1600x900 display.
Also in #4741, you're using the wrong ACPI setup. You need SSDT-IGPU-HIRES.aml for 1600x900. Use the correct parameter to install_acpi.sh.

Also, your profile is wrong. It indicates only Radeon graphics, where clearly you also have HD4000. Please fix.

I'm surprised you didn't mention your internal display not working... I didn't even look initially at the ig-platform-id in use, as you mentioned only issues with external display.

You should follow the guide correctly and as written.
Note:
Code:
SPEEDY-NUC:probook.git rehabman$ ./install_acpi.sh help|grep 8x70
install_8x70
install_8x70_hires

Your 1600x900 internal display corresponds to install_8x70_hires.

What kind of external display are you plugging in?

Sorry, I have no idea what went wrong previously. I did post installation again, and again got different plist file even though I did specify 2x70p. Now it has 0x01660004 and Inject Intel No. I have no idea if this is now 2x70p plist.

I have 2570p with 1366x768 internal display (sig, #3), so I chose the SSDT-IGPU.aml. I have U3417W (3440x1440) external display hooked via DP. Both displays work fine with the plist from usb and without patched SSDT's.

I don't understand. I chose SSDT-IGPU.aml and did cp ./config/config_2x70p.plist /Volumes/EFI/EFI/Clover/config.plist but I get config plist that has 0x01660004.

I deleted everything and started from the start. With SSDT-IGPU.aml and "cp ./config/config_2x70p.plist /Volumes/EFI/EFI/Clover/config.plist" I get this config.plist (attached). Isn't this wrong?

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    2.8 KB · Views: 94
I don't understand. I chose SSDT-IGPU.aml and did cp ./config/config_2x70p.plist /Volumes/EFI/EFI/Clover/config.plist but I get config plist that has 0x01660004.

SSDT-IGPU.aml is wrong (your profile shows 1600x900).
Use: install_acpi.sh install_8x70_hires
It will install SSDT-IGPU-HIRES.aml.
Final config.plist does not use Clover to inject ig-platform-id. The config plist files provided by the guide don't have ig-platform-id.
Your profile says "8570p", not "2x70p"

Follow the guide as written.

SSDT-IGPU.aml is wrong (your profile shows 1600x900).
Use: install_acpi.sh install_8x70_hires
It will install SSDT-IGPU-HIRES.aml.
Final config.plist does not use Clover to inject ig-platform-id. The config plist files provided by the guide don't have ig-platform-id.
Your profile says "8570p", not "2x70p"

Follow the guide as written.

It is my main laptop. This is my #3 laptop on the signature. I can't add all laptops in profile.

It is my main laptop. This is my #3 laptop on the signature. I can't add all laptops in profile.

For the 2570p in your signature, correct install_acpi.sh: ./install_acpi.sh install_2x70

Because it is 1366x768, it will use SSDT-IGPU.aml.

With multiple laptops matching this guide, it is best to specify the laptop you are asking about in each post, or change your profile to indicate the laptop that you're currently asking about. Otherwise, I cannot know which laptop your query is regarding.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back