Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I have problem about audio . Sometimes it works but sometimes it not works. When it not work i restarted 1,2 times and it work.
Plz help me, thank u so much and merry xmas :)

Attachments

• trouble_clover.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 82
Is my built-in mic can work? Input level in System Preference - Sound Input not change when I test.
Ioreg in mic dir.

If ioreg shows mic works, but it really not work, which parameters/config should be changed?

Attachments

• Rehabman.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 134
Last edited:
I personally think that your Elitebook comes with a Dual Link LVDS stock because HP only lists one LVDS on there parts list.
Reporting Back in all parts came in the 40pin to 30pin adapter is wrong its some sort of ccfl adapter for light strips I believe. The screen I ordered is from Elitebook 840 G3 which is a perfect fit and lines up just right but its 30pin and im unable to connect. Ill be ordering the cable for that model which I believe will fit the 8470p elitebook. Good news is I switched the single link cable out with the dual link cable and Voilllaaaaaa!! hooked up a 15inch 1080p display laying around and can confirm works. IMG_2018.JPG IMG_2016.JPG IMG_2047.JPG IMG_2049.JPG

Hi,

I have problem about audio . Sometimes it works but sometimes it not works. When it not work i restarted 1,2 times and it work.
Plz help me, thank u so much and merry xmas :)

Rebuild cache as per post #1, "Known Problems", "Audio".
Audio should remain stable as long as you quit messing with kexts/installing software/etc.

Note: You failed to implement power management. Read post #1, "Power Management".

Is my built-in mic can work? Input level in System Preference - Sound Input not change when I test.
Ioreg in mic dir.

If ioreg shows mic works, but it really not work, which parameters/config should be changed?

Configuration regarding audio looks as per guide...
If there is an issue, it is probably due to AppleHDA XML content.
If you find better for ALC286, let me know.

Reporting Back in all parts came in the 40pin to 30pin adapter is wrong its some sort of ccfl adapter for light strips I believe. The screen I ordered is from Elitebook 840 G3 which is a perfect fit and lines up just right but its 30pin and im unable to connect. Ill be ordering the cable for that model which I believe will fit the 8470p elitebook. Good news is I switched the single link cable out with the dual link cable and Voilllaaaaaa!! hooked up a 15inch 1080p display laying around and can confirm works.View attachment 226794 View attachment 226795 View attachment 226796 View attachment 226797

I don't think it'll work. I think your laptop doesn't support eDP.

You can use GenericUSBXHCI.kext, but it is likely to be unreliable.
6-series boards and 10.11 or later are a bad choice if you want reliable USB3.

I tried but it didn't work, I searched on the web and I found something interesting, it seems not working because of the NEC USB 3.0, I installed NECxHCI.plist but it doesn't work, do you have another solution? Maybe I can change (hardware) the two 3.0 to 2.0 ? :joke:
thanks

I tried but it didn't work, I searched on the web and I found something interesting, it seems not working because of the NEC USB 3.0, I installed NECxHCI.plist but it doesn't work, do you have another solution? Maybe I can change (hardware) the two 3.0 to 2.0 ? :joke:
thanks

GenericUSBXHCI.kext works (must use latest version), but you need to plug the device in before booting.

Merry Christmas!

I will understand if no helps immediately.

I have installed Sierra on HP Elitebook Folio 9470m today. My installer works great even if it's created using a Virtualbox.

I tried two configurations: 4x40s and 9x70. Oddly, 4x40 worked better for me.
There's nearly no difference, it seems. Everything works except for battery status and audio.

For 9x70, I had to use the boot flag cpus=1 for to get past the kernel panic error.

What's not working:

* Battery status says "No Battery Available."
* Audio does not work despite "rebuilding cache" several times and rebooting.

Attached the requested files and output. Read post #2 several times. I don't know what I should do to fix this.
IMHO, I don't want a clean install because of audio not working. The computer boots just fine without kernel panic.

Thank you for the help!
If you use Git Tip or Gratipay or similar, I can make donations to specific projects. Certain many would want to do that too. Just an idea.

Attachments

• sierra_elitebook_9470m.zip
    53 KB · Views: 76
Merry Christmas!

I will understand if no helps immediately.

I have installed Sierra on HP Elitebook Folio 9470m today. My installer works great even if it's created using a Virtualbox.

I tried two configurations: 4x40s and 9x70. Oddly, 4x40 worked better for me.
There's nearly no difference, it seems. Everything works except for battery status and audio.

For 9x70, I had to use the boot flag cpus=1 for to get past the kernel panic error.

What's not working:

* Battery status says "No Battery Available."
* Audio does not work despite "rebuilding cache" several times and rebooting.

Attached the requested files and output. Read post #2 several times. I don't know what I should do to fix this.
IMHO, I don't want a clean install because of audio not working. The computer boots just fine without kernel panic.

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back