Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z270 Gaming K5
CPU
i7-7700k
Graphics
Intel® HD Graphics 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've successfully installed on my hp4230s! Thanks for the guide.
I'm still testing stuffs...

Attachments

• hackintosh.png
    hackintosh.png
    55.3 KB · Views: 91

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've posted the "Problem Reporting" files on my original post.. I'll upload them again.

Repo has been updated, and so you need to provide "Problem Reporting" files.
This attachment is missing EFI/Clover. Please read carefully.

I'm aware that my wifi is not compatible, I tried a few mini cards that I've they don't fit on the Zbook, they do fit on the Asus G750Jx. The Zbook Studio G3 seems to use a card even smaller than mini card..

Sounds like it is NGFF/M.2 (2230) as would be expected with a new laptop. Read post #1.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I don't have either of these options available to me while I'm away. Why can't I just edit the SMBIOS in Clover. I know it should boot when I only leave "MacBookPro11,1" in the identifier field but I'm getting the attached error instead.

No one is clairvoyant here. No idea without the files already requested. You probably corrupted the entire config.plist.

Motherboard
Asus Rampage IV Extreme, Asus G750Jx, Zbook Studio G3
CPU
i7 3970x, i7 4700HQ, Xeon E3-1505M v5, i7 3960x
Graphics
Dual AMD 7970, Nvidia GeForce 770M, Nvidia Quadro M1000M + Intel P530
I've posted the "Problem Reporting" files on my original post.. I'll upload them again.
I'll debug the USB as recommended and post back.
I'm aware that my wifi is not compatible, I tried a few mini cards that I've they don't fit on the Zbook, they do fit on the Asus G750Jx. The Zbook Studio G3 seems to use a card even smaller than mini card..
Again thanks a lot!!

I tried to map the USB ports , the 3 USB V3 ports are working fine but the 2 Type C port work but I can't identify to which port they are mapped to. I mean, all the devices I plug in are usable and show up on IOreg under the Legacy session and not attached to any HS or SS port.
Code:
IOService:/IOResources/AppleUSBHostResources/AppleUSBLegacyRoot/AppleUSBXHCI@00000000
To test I've plugin a USB HDD, USB stick, a mouse receiver to the Type C port, all using a cable Type C to normal USB.
Code:
IOService:/IOResources/AppleUSBHostResources/AppleUSBLegacyRoot/AppleUSBXHCI@00000000/Microsoft® Nano Transceiver v1.0@00100000

Touchpad is not working yet.
The Toshiba XG3 SSD 512GB THNSN5512GPU7 M.2 2280 NVMe is working now after I changed the USB ports to the addresses found in the DSDT.
So, both M2 SSDs are working fine.. Toshiba and Kingston.[/code]

Attachments

• ioreg_dst_ssdt.zip
    797.8 KB · Views: 48

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I tried to map the USB ports , the 3 USB V3 ports are working fine but the 2 Type C port work but I can't identify to which port they are mapped to. I mean, all the devices I plug in are usable and show up on IOreg under the Legacy session and not attached to any HS or SS port.

You need to edit the SSDT-USB-ZbookStudio-G3.dsl so only ports that actually connected to something are included.

USB-C should be UsbConnector 0x0a. You may have to guess on the port number, or use Windows to determine.

Might require some research on 8086:15b6...

Touchpad is not working yet.

Your trackpad appears to be ALPS (from ioreg). Surprising because HP usually uses Synaptics for this series of laptops.

Search for PS2 drivers appropriate for ALPS.

Last edited:
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
No one is clairvoyant here. No idea without the files already requested. You probably corrupted the entire config.plist.
I never asked for clairvoyance. I don't need anyone to survey my clover folder, I just want to know if there is a way to edit the config.plist without a USB or separate computer. I already know that the SMBIOS is causing the boot issue. The SMBIOS editor in the Clover Bootloader will not change the .plist file.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I never asked for clairvoyance. I don't need anyone to survey my clover folder, I just want to know if there is a way to edit the config.plist without a USB or separate computer. I already know that the SMBIOS is causing the boot issue. The SMBIOS editor in the Clover Bootloader will not change the .plist file.

The EFI partition is FAT32. It can be accessed from Windows or Linux.

Motherboard
HP EliteBook 840 G3 T9X25ET
CPU
i5-6200U
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 520 1536MB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey RehabMan,

today i update my Sister´s ProBook 450 G1 Haswell from earlier Yosemite install (with used ProBook Installer-Clover Edition) and transition to this hot patch setup and then with Major updates to El Capitan.

System works perfekt and everything is fine.

Information for you:

SSDT-KEY87 is the right one for ProBook 450 G1.
And i correct with the help of ioreg the Information USB Ports Location inside SSDT-USB-4x0-G1.dsl (see Attached File)

Thanks

Attachments

• SSDT-USB-4x0-G1.dsl
    4.3 KB · Views: 67

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey RehabMan,

today i update my Sister´s ProBook 450 G1 Haswell from earlier Yosemite install (with used ProBook Installer-Clover Edition) and transition to this hot patch setup and then with Major updates to El Capitan.

System works perfekt and everything is fine.

Information for you:

SSDT-KEY87 is the right one for ProBook 450 G1.
And i correct with the help of ioreg the Information USB Ports Location inside SSDT-USB-4x0-G1.dsl (see Attached File)

Thanks

github updated based on this feedback...

Changed the install_acpi.sh script to use KEY87.
Incorporated the comments regarding USB port locations.