Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Motherboard
H77N
CPU
i7
Graphics
GTX 680
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I don't understand your question. What do you need help with? Did you read post #1?
Hi RehabMan,
thanks for your reply. Yes, I did read the post. And I'm fully aware of the wifi/bt intel issues for skylake. But unfortunately I already ordered one of the recommended before the laptop arrived. Now that I've realised, that the size/shape/form factor also plays a role I'm looking for adequate replacements. Some posts on eBay seem to imply compatibility for hackintoshes except from hp. I'm a little at a loss. Is it possible at all to get the G3 fully working with whatever compatible wifi/bt card?

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi RehabMan,
thanks for your reply. Yes, I did read the post. And I'm fully aware of the wifi/bt intel issues for skylake. But unfortunately I already ordered one of the recommended before the laptop arrived. Now that I've realised, that the size/shape/form factor also plays a role I'm looking for adequate replacements. Some posts on eBay seem to imply compatibility for hackintoshes except from hp. I'm a little at a loss. Is it possible at all to get the G3 fully working with whatever compatible wifi/bt card?

Your G3 is likely NGFF/M.2 (2230). Read post #1 for recommendations. There is no WiFi whitelist implemented in your BIOS.

Motherboard
HP ProBook 430 G6
CPU
i5-8265U
Graphics
UHD 620, 1920x1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi RehabMan,

Dell DW1560 should be fine. I ordered one, but it have not arrived yet.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Dell DW1560 should be fine. I ordered one, but it have not arrived yet.

Note: DW1560 is BCM94352Z.
Note 2: Less patches required with BCM943602BAED.

Motherboard
HP Elitebook 8470p
CPU
Intel Core i5 3320M
Graphics
Intel HD 4000, 1600x900
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi RehabMan,

Thank you for your clear and easy guide. I'm not sure if you mentioned this in the guide yet, but in my laptop 8470p with CPU i5-3320M, running only ./ssdtprgen.sh will limit CPU to x8 only, and the system is extremely slow. I have to run with "-w 3" to get PM working well.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z270 Gaming K5
CPU
i7-7700k
Graphics
Intel® HD Graphics 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thanks for the wonderful guild. I will try it on my hp 4230s later (upgraded to i7-2630qm)

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi RehabMan,

Thank you for your clear and easy guide. I'm not sure if you mentioned this in the guide yet, but in my laptop 8470p with CPU i5-3320M, running only ./ssdtprgen.sh will limit CPU to x8 only, and the system is extremely slow. I have to run with "-w 3" to get PM working well.

You're back with an EliteBook, eh?

It is probably a bug in ssdtPRgen.sh. It used to do -w 3 for Ivy automatically, but somewhere along the way it was changed to not do that for certain versions of OS X. I think it is a mistake. The ssdtPRgen.sh script has an email for bug reports.

--

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Motherboard
HP Elitebook 8470p
CPU
Intel Core i5 3320M
Graphics
Intel HD 4000, 1600x900
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
You're back with an EliteBook, eh?

It is probably a bug in ssdtPRgen.sh. It used to do -w 3 for Ivy automatically, but somewhere along the way it was changed to not do that for certain versions of OS X. I think it is a mistake. The ssdtPRgen.sh script has an email for bug reports.

Piker is aware of that, but he decides it's not a bug, we have to test and find best setting. It was default to 3 in the very old version, and now he sets to 1.

You can see the bug report 2 years ago
https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh/issues/15#issuecomment-36482291

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Motherboard
HP ProBook 4440s-Clover
CPU
i5-3360M
Graphics
HD 4000, 1366x768
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi RehabMan,

Piker is aware of that, but he decides it's not a bug, we have to test and find best setting. It was default to 3 in the very old version, and now he sets to 1.

You can see the bug report 2 years ago
https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh/issues/15#issuecomment-36482291

I added a note in post #1 regarding the possibility of -w 3 for Ivy.
This is good to know, as I have a i5-3360m SR0MV on order for my HP ProBook 4440s, once it arrives which will be Tuesday (reference Star Trek: Generations anyone? lol) I will report if this happens to me as well.