Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've already disabled hibernation before ask here.

I already reset to default BIOS settings (when followed the guide, like hibernation).
And BIOS is up to date (F.60).

Not all the things that must be disabled (listed in the guide) where available in my BIOS, here you have some screenshots. Maybe I forgot to change or disable something...

You can try to disable the bluetooth with uia_exclude=HP16, just to see if it is bluetooth causing the problem...

Motherboard
HP ProBook 4530s
CPU
i3 2,1GHz
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
You can try to disable the bluetooth with uia_exclude=HP16, just to see if it is bluetooth causing the problem...

Where I can put 'uia_exclude=HP16'?
In config.plist?

Remember that I never had this problem in my other system (10.11.4 originally installed using PBI-CE). As soon as I use the hotpatch setup, the problem appears.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Where I can put 'uia_exclude=HP16'?
In config.plist?

It is a kernel flag. Kernel flags are specified in config.plist/Boot/Arguments.

Remember that I never had this problem in my other system (10.11.4 originally installed using PBI-CE). As soon as I use the hotpatch setup, the problem appears.

I have no issue with my 4530s. Mine does not have USB3 though...

Your issue seems to be unique (no others reporting the same problem).

Your Clover version is rather old... Also I notice your RAM sticks are mismatched.

Motherboard
HP ProBook 4530s
CPU
i3 2,1GHz
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
It is a kernel flag. Kernel flags are specified in config.plist/Boot/Arguments.

I have no issue with my 4530s. Mine does not have USB3 though...

Your issue seems to be unique (no others reporting the same problem).

Your Clover version is rather old... Also I notice your RAM sticks are mismatched.

- My 4530s/HM65 has one USB3 por (that I don't use anymore sine updated from El Capitan)
- How is it possible that my Clover version is old?? I've used Clover v2.3k r3577 for the USB and later on on my system.
- I will try now the kernel flag modification to disable bluetooth.
- About RAM I've never had problems on Win7, nor Win10 or 10.11.4 with PBI-CE. But I will try now with just one RAM stick.

Thank you very much, RehabMan.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
- How is it possible that my Clover version is old?? I've used Clover v2.3k r3577 for the USB and later on on my system.

I may have read it as r3377. Current is r3579.

- I will try now the kernel flag modification to disable bluetooth.

Without more details about your crash/problem on wake from sleep, it is just a guess...

- About RAM I've never had problems on Win7, nor Win10 or 10.11.4 with PBI-CE. But I will try now with just one RAM stick.

4GB RAM not recommended.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H77N-WIFI
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi RehabMan. I'm trying to install Windows 7 in UEFI and I'm still having issues.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 116
Motherboard
HP ProBook 4530s
CPU
i3 2,1GHz
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I may have read it as r3377. Current is r3579.

Without more details about your crash/problem on wake from sleep, it is just a guess...

4GB RAM not recommended.

Big surprise... I don't know why, but my laptop now is working like a charm (wake up 8 times from sleep, and no hungs).
I still have bluetooth enabled (didn't modify the kernel flag) and my two 4GB modules installed.

Probably I will restore my TM backup and try again the hotpatch setup, and I'll be more patient if the system hungs.

In https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/files/Installer/ I didn't find the Clover version r3579 you mention (newest one seems to be 3577). And checking updates within System Preferences/Clover I see it's the last version.
Just found r3579 in a Chinese website (http://osx86.cn/clover-v2-3k-r3579-efi-pkg-iso.html).
What is the official release website? Isn't SourceForge?

Thanks again!

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi RehabMan. I'm trying to install Windows 7 in UEFI and I'm still having issues.

Seems like your USB is not created correctly. You will probably need to google search as there are some files you need to copy/move for Win7 UEFI. I did it a while ago... so I have my USB for Win7 SP1 UEFI already setup. Not sure I remember what I had to do.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Big surprise... I don't know why, but my laptop now is working like a charm (wake up 8 times from sleep, and no hungs).
I still have bluetooth enabled (didn't modify the kernel flag) and my two 4GB modules installed.

Probably I will restore my TM backup and try again the hotpatch setup, and I'll be more patient if the system hungs.

In https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/files/Installer/ I didn't find the Clover version r3579 you mention (newest one seems to be 3577). And checking updates within System Preferences/Clover I see it's the last version.
Just found r3579 in a Chinese website (http://osx86.cn/clover-v2-3k-r3579-efi-pkg-iso.html).
What is the official release website? Isn't SourceForge?

Thanks again!

r3579 would need to be built from sources.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H77N-WIFI
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Seems like your USB is not created correctly. You will probably need to google search as there are some files you need to copy/move for Win7 UEFI. I did it a while ago... so I have my USB for Win7 SP1 UEFI already setup. Not sure I remember what I had to do.

The copy I have of Windows which is a HP copy but if I go into efi/microsoft/boot the files I need to copy isn't in there now the copy I have doesn't have service pack 1 now that could that be the reason?

Status
Not open for further replies.