Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll have another read through the guide cheers mate :)

Note that even I use install_acpi.sh. I think it likely I'd make a mistake if I didn't...

There were recent(well, not that recent) changes in how battery is implemented that touched a lot of things. If you're missing one or more of those changes, you may have trouble (mixing old with new is not good):

The changes involved:
- new SSDT-BATC
- changes to SSDT-BATT*
- changes to config.plist ACPI/DSDT/Patches
- new ACPIBatteryManager.kext build

Hi, i followed this thread to able to install el capitan on my laptop HP EliteBook 840 G1. The installation done successfully. But i cant manage to use trackpad but the keyboard is working well. Any suggestion please? Thanks

Hi, i followed this thread to able to install el capitan on my laptop HP EliteBook 840 G1. The installation done successfully. But i cant manage to use trackpad but the keyboard is working well. Any suggestion please? Thanks

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Rehabman thanks a lot for your hard work, help and patience to explain your guides
Now finally i have terminated triple boot and all three os now start correctly!
Now with clonezilla i have to clone my disk on a ssd.
There are some optimization to do to enable ssd support dor non apple ssd?

Rehabman thanks a lot for your hard work, help and patience to explain your guides
Now finally i have terminated triple boot and all three os now start correctly!
Now with clonezilla i have to clone my disk on a ssd.
There are some optimization to do to enable ssd support dor non apple ssd?

The config.plist files provided by this guide already have the necessary patch to enable TRIM for non-Apple SSDs.

First, thanks RehabMan for this great guide. I followed it and installed El Capitan on my EliteBook 8470p. But I ran into trouble with the IntelBacklightHandler.
The problem was, that I got always this error while booting:
"Backlight handler never showed up."

So I looked into the code of the OS-X-Intel-Backight Kext and I changed the timeout of this function to 45s:
IOService* service = waitForMatchingService(serviceMatching("BacklightHandler2"), MS_TO_NS(45000));
and it's now working! But the boot up needs around 45 seconds.

It seems to me, that this service "IntelBacklightPanel" waits for the service "BacklightHandler2", which starts to late.
Debugging the "BacklightHandler2" I recognised, that the probe() function is called early, but the service start() function is called too late (need min. 30 seconds).
Maybe you could give me a hint, who to continue the debugging of this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    66.7 KB · Views: 54
RehabMan
I've got an unsupported model which I gathered info for, HP EliteBook 840 G3.

I've been trying to get it into the installer, no such luck so far. I can get past the verbose output phase where the screen will then turn black and have the apple logo + progress + spinning beach ball but that's where it ends.

Using flags: -v -no-zp (due to some issues I saw trying to get to the installer)

Attachments

• EliteBook840.zip
    72.6 KB · Views: 57
First, thanks RehabMan for this great guide. I followed it and installed El Capitan on my EliteBook 8470p. But I ran into trouble with the IntelBacklightHandler.
The problem was, that I got always this error while booting:
"Backlight handler never showed up."

So I looked into the code of the OS-X-Intel-Backight Kext and I changed the timeout of this function to 45s:
IOService* service = waitForMatchingService(serviceMatching("BacklightHandler2"), MS_TO_NS(45000));
and it's now working! But the boot up needs around 45 seconds.

It seems to me, that this service "IntelBacklightPanel" waits for the service "BacklightHandler2", which starts to late.
Debugging the "BacklightHandler2" I recognised, that the probe() function is called early, but the service start() function is called too late (need min. 30 seconds).
Maybe you could give me a hint, who to continue the debugging of this problem?

Thanks in advance.

45 seconds is ridiculous...

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back