Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your setup is incorrect. It is not valid to use the final config.plist without all the SSDTs in ACPI/patched. You have nothing in ACPI/patched, yet you're trying to use the final config.plist.

Also this guide does not use OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi. It uses OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi.

Your EFI/Clover/kexts is also not according to the guide.

Follow the guide carefully.

How can I patch SSDTs if I can't even boot the installer? I now have taken only the kexts and drivers from this guide. Still getting stuck at "ACPI:"

Just for addional information. I am able to boot my USB. I am able to see Clover. I am able to set it to verbose. And that's it.

I used the config_HD5300_5500_6000.plist by the way.

I was now (after waiting extremely long) able to get to the loading symbol when I disable kexts when pressing spacebar in clover.

Why does this guide edit the config.plist before installing then? Will I need this to at least be able to reach the installer?http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/g...840-g2-i5-5300u-hd5500-el-capitan-eng.172383/

Attachments

• Screenshot_7.png
    Screenshot_7.png
    97.1 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_20160616_123004.jpg
    IMG_20160616_123004.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 75
Last edited:
How can I patch SSDTs if I can't even boot the installer? I now have taken only the kexts and drivers from this guide. Still getting stuck at "ACPI:"

Just for addional information. I am able to boot my USB. I am able to see Clover. I am able to set it to verbose. And that's it.

I used the config_HD5300_5500_6000.plist by the way.

I was now (after waiting extremely long) able to get to the loading symbol when I disable kexts when pressing spacebar in clover.

Why does this guide edit the config.plist before installing then? Will I need this to at least be able to reach the installer?http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/g...840-g2-i5-5300u-hd5500-el-capitan-eng.172383/

A different config.plist is used for the installer. The config.plist in the repo is used only after installation as described in "Final config.plist".

Make sure you follow the guide carefully.

A different config.plist is used for the installer. The config.plist in the repo is used only after installation as described in "Final config.plist".

Make sure you follow the guide carefully.

Oh I thought I needed a correct one for even reaching the installer lol. I'm really having a hard time understanding all of it for some reason. Since it also stated in the tutorial:

Choosing a config.plist

The Clover installer places a default config.plist at /EFI/Clover/config.plist. It is almost universally wrong and most likely will not work at all for most laptops.

I thought the default config.plist would not work at all.

Oh I thought I needed a correct one for even reaching the installer lol. I'm really having a hard time understanding all of it for some reason. Since it also stated in the tutorial:

I thought the default config.plist would not work at all.

Correct... And then the plists are provided by the github linked by the main Clover guide.

It is not valid to use the ProBook plist (final config.plist) for installation.

Correct... And then the plists are provided by the github linked by the main Clover guide.

It is not valid to use the ProBook plist (final config.plist) for installation.

I'm feeling stupid right now. With the plist generated by the Clover Installer I get a black screen. With the plist from the github (config_HD5300_5500_6000.plist) I am stuck at ACPI:. What am I doing wrong? Or what plist do I need?

I'm feeling stupid right now. With the plist generated by the Clover Installer I get a black screen. With the plist from the github (config_HD5300_5500_6000.plist) I am stuck at ACPI:. What am I doing wrong? Or what plist do I need?

Boot verbose, show photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Hi RehabMan

i think that this time i have all the files

The problem is a slow computer and a rainbow ball

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 67
Hi RehabMan

i think that this time i have all the files

The problem is a slow computer and a rainbow ball

Thanks in advance

ACPI/patched lacks a custom USB configuration. It is installed by install_acpi.sh, so I'm not sure why it is missing.

Nothing else looks out-of-place.

Hi,

I've been trying to install osx 10.11 on my elitbook 2560p without much success. I've made the usb as in the first post, trying both GPT and MBR options. When I set my computer to bot from the usb, it says no OS found, but when I select to boot from efi and point to any of the efifiles, the computer will give me the clover boot screen with option to boot from 'install osx'. Selecting this option will just give the apple logo. In verbose mode I get 'OsxAptioFixDrv: Starting overrides for .AABootfiles\boot.efi Using reloc block: yes, hibernate wake: no'.
And after that, the system just hangs. I've tried a different usb disk, but I'm too new with this to think of any other possible solution.

edit, using this config: config_HD3000_1366x768.plist

Last edited:
Hi,

I've been trying to install osx 10.11 on my elitbook 2560p without much success. I've made the usb as in the first post, trying both GPT and MBR options. When I set my computer to bot from the usb, it says no OS found, but when I select to boot from efi and point to any of the efifiles, the computer will give me the clover boot screen with option to boot from 'install osx'. Selecting this option will just give the apple logo. In verbose mode I get 'OsxAptioFixDrv: Starting overrides for .AABootfiles\boot.efi Using reloc block: yes, hibernate wake: no'.
And after that, the system just hangs. I've tried a different usb disk, but I'm too new with this to think of any other possible solution.

edit, using this config: config_HD3000_1366x768.plist

Try all USB ports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back