Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Yea i kind of feel your pain .
i don't know why ioreg can't be automated , i thought that you created this tool , right ??

IORegistryExplorer is provided by Apple.

Why do i need USBinjectall , previously you said that this kext inject all usb ports and i have to test the one that works then create the SSDT-USB.aml then delete this kext , is this correct ??

Incorrect. SSDT-USB-4x0-G2.aml has no effect without it. The SSDT provides a custom configuration for USBInjectAll.kext.

And i keep rebooting for the audio .

Not just reboot... but:
- reboot without caches using the Clover menu (accessed with spacebar key)
- rebuild cache as per post #1

Motherboard
Mac OS X Yosemite
CPU
i5
Graphics
ATI 5450
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
IORegistryExplorer is provided by Apple.

Incorrect. SSDT-USB-4x0-G2.aml has no effect without it. The SSDT provides a custom configuration for USBInjectAll.kext.

Not just reboot... but:
- reboot without caches using the Clover menu (accessed with spacebar key)
- rebuild cache as per post #1
Yup that worked .
and Bluetooth Worked too. i seem to miss understood what is the USB injector role .

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Yup that worked .
and Bluetooth Worked too. i seem to miss understood what is the USB injector role .

USBInjectAll.kext is dual role... depends on how it is configured:
- discovery: with -uia_ignore_rmcf (to ignore any custom configuration) or without a custom SSDT (UIAC.RMCF), it injects all possible ports for the set of USB controllers present
- customization: with custom SSDT (UIAC.RMCF) and without -uia_ignore_rmcf, it injects only the ports specified by the SSDT

Last edited:
Motherboard
Mac OS X Yosemite
CPU
i5
Graphics
ATI 5450
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
USBInjectAll.kext is dual role... depends on how it is configured:
- discovery: with -uia_ignore_rmcf (to ignore any custom configuration) or without a custom SSDT (UIAC.RMCF), it injects all possible ports for the set of USB controllers present
- customization: with custom SSDT (UIAC.RMCF) and without -uia_ignore_rmcf, it injects only the ports specified by the SSDT
Got it .
i tried to find a way to automate the IOREG process but i can't find a way , i made a small Automator command (Which is kind of silly but, you know someone might find it usefull)
Here i upload it and for anyone who decides to use it , Make sure IOREG is in Application folder and run the script it would do the rest .

Attachments

• IOreg-auto.zip
    61.6 KB · Views: 51
Motherboard
Mac OS X Yosemite
CPU
i5
Graphics
ATI 5450
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
RehabMan After few hours and some rebooting the Audio gone again !! , i've changed nothing !
and the kextstat shows Apple_Hda not loading , rebooted and rebuild cache with no luck . What happened !!

Attachments

• Problem_Reporting.zip
    3 MB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Motherboard
HP 83B2 Kaby Lake (OC 0.6.4)
CPU
DualCore Intel Core i5-7200U
Graphics
Intel HD620 1920x1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
interestingly enough...left my notebook (850G2 on adapter) to run an errand. Returned after 40 minutes away and noticed my WiFi light is now White instead of Amber as it should be. Will attempt to repeat on the 4540s and see what happens.

Energy Saver Settings are: Turn Display OFF after 10minutes, NO boxes checked.
Screen Saver: start after 10minutes (i know, doesnt jive with the above)

Motherboard
Mac OS X Yosemite
CPU
i5
Graphics
ATI 5450
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
RehabMan After few hours and some rebooting the Audio gone again !! , i've changed nothing !
and the kextstat shows Apple_Hda not loading , rebooted and rebuild cache with no luck . What happened !!

Okay Repeated the guide (The KEXT and SSDT Part) and I'm able to get the Audio back . i don't know what happened in the first place but i think somehow the Apple_hda Kext with corrupted !!
if you've better explanation I'd love to hear it RehabMan .

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

Something is messing up your kernel cache (you will need to rebuild it as per post #1).

If the problem persists, do a fresh install to a second partition for comparison...

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
interestingly enough...left my notebook (850G2 on adapter) to run an errand. Returned after 40 minutes away and noticed my WiFi light is now White instead of Amber as it should be. Will attempt to repeat on the 4540s and see what happens.

It has been a while since I looked (and am away from my 4540s now), but from what I remember the WiFi light is white when WiFi+BT are on, amber when off.

Motherboard
Dell Optiplex 9010
CPU
Intel Core i5 3470 @3,2Ghz
Graphics
Intel integrated GPU
Hi,
i'm trying to create a triple boot on my 8460p.
My goal:

- all operating system on one drive
- boot selection of them with clover bootloader
- i don't need that every partition is accessible from every os, i use external disk of 1TB for data storing

in my first try i have:
- successfuly installed osx and clover
- tried to install windows 10 in uefi mode but no success for some parttion issue, error regarding gpt partition
- linux install not possible at this point

in my second try of today:
- i want to install for first windows 10 in UEFI mode
- i want to install Linux Mint 64bit
- i want to install osx and the apply clover installer for make identificable all 3 os on startup

question:
- after installing windows 10 i see efi partition of 100MB, i've to resize it to at least 200MB for make it working with OS installation? can i use partion manager or others?

any help/suggestion will be appreciated.

edit:
installed windows 10 from Boot from EFI file > USB > Efi > Boot > bootx64.efi
it create 3 partition

1 Efi 100MB
2 MSR 16MB
3 85GB for windows 10 operating system

4 160GB free space

installation complete successfully

then i try to install Linux Mint with the same start procedure
Boot from EFI file > USB > Efi > Boot > bootx64.efi

appear desktop from where i launch Install linux Mint

all goes ok until i have to select partition where to install

I go into free space and select "+" and create ext4 partition with journaling of 30GB
and a 600MB partition as swap partition.

the 100MB efi partition must be resized?
After Linux installation it require reboot, after that i don't have grub boot loader but it goes straight into windows 10 .

Attachments

• 20120310_210203.jpg
    20120310_210203.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 66
  • 20120310_212410.jpg
    20120310_212410.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 65
  • 20120310_212419.jpg
    20120310_212419.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Status