Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure about EliteBook ports,

Yours has DP, right?

I did modify config.plist with TextWrangler... which do you suggest instead if may I ask?

Use a plist editor such as Xcode or PlistEdit Pro to avoid editing the plain text...
If you know XML and are careful, you can use a text editor.

Can you give me a starting point / thread for IOKit patching? I have never been into that....

See FAQ:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Will have to start differentiating config.plist patches used depending on whether the laptop has DP vs. HDMI.
I know most (all?) of the EliteBooks have DP instead of HDMI...

My Elitebook 850G2 has DP ...no hdmi

HP 8640p just upgraded to 10.11.5 and updated all kexts etc and lost audio device.

I am sure I did something wrong, but any help would be appreciated

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 46
HP 8640p just upgraded to 10.11.5 and updated all kexts etc and lost audio device.

I am sure I did something wrong, but any help would be appreciated

Your config.plist is not up-to-date with respect to the current github project (it is missing the xml.zl->zml.zl patch).

The same procedure can be used if your USB ports/devices are not working (or some of them not working) even if you have a custom USB SSDT. Just boot with kernel flag -uia_ignore_rmcf so that the current custom configuration (for USBInjectAll.kext) is not in effect.

Hi Rehabman, i'm preparing alla the files for USB Customization, but have a difficult with -uia_ignore_rmcf. Please can you give more details of how to boot with kernel flag -uia_ignore_rmcf? Wich is the procedure? Then i will generate the ioreg.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Hi Rehabman, i'm preparing alla the files for USB Customization, but have a difficult with -uia_ignore_rmcf. Please can you give more details of how to boot with kernel flag -uia_ignore_rmcf? Wich is the procedure? Then i will generate the ioreg.

Thanks a lot for your help.

It is a kernel flag.

You can set kernel flags in Clover options (from within the Clover GUI), or add kernel flags in config.plist/Boot/Arguments.

It is a kernel flag.

You can set kernel flags in Clover options (from within the Clover GUI), or add kernel flags in config.plist/Boot/Arguments.

Can't find this kernel in Clover boot options. I prefer to add kernel flags in config.plist/Boot/Arguments.
Is it right in this way? Opening config.plist with Xcode, Boot / Arguments / String / kext-dev-mode=1 dart=0 -uia_ignore_rmcf

Then reboot and generate ioreg.

Thanks

Can't find this kernel in Clover boot options.

The word 'kernel' is not mentioned in the GUI. But you will see the other boot arguments (which are also kernel flags).

I prefer to add kernel flags in config.plist/Boot/Arguments.
Is it right in this way? Opening config.plist with Xcode, Boot / Arguments / String / kext-dev-mode=1 dart=0 -uia_ignore_rmcf

That also works.

Test with this SSDT-USB.aml, attached... Reply with ioreg and patchmatic -extract output.

I test the new SSDT-USB.aml but it has no difference. See the attached ioreg

Attachments

• 450G2 25.05.2016.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 45
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back