Contribute
Register

Guide HP ProBook 5330m Lion 10.7 to 10.7.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HP ProBook 5330m SSDT Help

AtomeX said:
Good luck, and don't try to buy other wifi module, I have done and no one is working.

Regards to all.

thank you so much on this.

a HP branded working module from 4730s will work on 5330m?

I have a 4730s as my main laptop now.

emaf said:
AtomeX said:
Good luck, and don't try to buy other wifi module, I have done and no one is working.

Regards to all.

I don't know if it will work, but only this module will past the white list check

http://www.manualowl.com/m/Hewlett-Pack ... 63?page=28

Regards.

AtomeX said:
emaf said:
AtomeX said:

Regards to all.

I don't know if it will work, but only this module will past the white list check

http://www.manualowl.com/m/Hewlett-Pack ... 63?page=28

Regards.

AtomeX,

Can you list the specifics of your hardware? What's your BIOS version? I tried using your DSDT.aml but it gives me KP. I have Bios 68SFF Ver. B.03, Core i3-2310m (I will be using a different SSDT.aml than yours). Thanks.

Ok, to follow up on this.

My 5330m is working all nice, except wifi, i guess Atomex and me both have the same model (lucky me).

few comments.

I just applied all the stuff Atomex gave to my existing 4730s disk. swapped the drives, working.
had to disable switchable LAN/WLAN in order to have LAN working.
Screen and graphics working nice so far. Sound too (surprised).

And most important: the computer is AMAZINGLY silent. i cant stress how much happy i am now.

On the bad side:
- Atheros card on 4730s dont work. I have ordered from HP (40€) p/n 582564-002 that seems to work nice on OSX (same chipset as macbook pro). As soon as i get it ill leave some comment here.

- I will try to make work a Realtek wifi chip i have lying around somewhere in the meantime.

Hi,

I just check my Bios version is 68SFF Ver F.22 and my cpu is i5 2520m.
Today I just finish to install ML and it's work great with 10.7.4 kext except if I use Kernelcache=Yes.
Regards.

Can Big donkey tell use how he patch intelcpupowermanagement kext SNB to have the last kext from ML.

REgards.
Good weekend.

Maybe we can open a proper thread for this laptop. I was considering getting a Macbook Air, but given how good this is working... if i manage to get the new wifi card working, i will keep this.

Maybe we can open the official thread when Atomex manage to get ML 100% working?

bad news, the new wifi card arrived on tuesday, and i was not able to get it working...

i don't know if anyone around here would be able...

any ideas?

ok, now call me idiot or whatever...

tell me your opinion about this.

I have found my Belkin USB WiFi n dongle works nice.

I was thinking in pluggin it to one of the USB ports in the right, but from the INSIDE, soldering and cabling it. without the enclosure it will fit perfectly into the wifi /wan place.

maybe i would be also able to connect it to the laptop antennas.

what do you guys think?

emaf said:
bad news, the new wifi card arrived on tuesday, and i was not able to get it working...

any ideas?

Hi Emaf,
I buy the same from Ebay to and I have post the same result.
Maybe this one is working 593836-001 (bcm94313) in half size.

Regards.

AtomeX said:
emaf said:

any ideas?

Hi Emaf,
I buy the same from Ebay to and I have post the same result.
Maybe this one is working 593836-001 (bcm94313) in half size.

Regards.

i have both, none of them working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back