Motherboard
HP ProBook 440 G6
CPU
i5-8265u
Graphics
UHD 620
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone! Today I want to share with you my success of installing maOS Big Sur on my HP ProBook 440 G6.
My specs are:
CPU: Intel Core I5 8265u 1,6 Ghz to 3,9 Ghz in TurboBoost mode.
GPU: Intel UHD 620 (AAPL,ig-platform-id 0900A53E, device-id A53E0000)
Audio: Realtek ALC 236 (layout-id 14, 0E000000 with this layout I have working Int speaker, int mic, headphones and external mic, so properly working combojack)
I checked all layouts for alc236, but stopped at 14, cause all the things I need are working.
99 no ext mic
54 no ext mic
16 all works but no autodetect, no mute 10
18 no ext mic
15 all works but no autodetect F
14 all works but no autodetect, mute works E
13 no ext mic
12 no ext mic
11 no int mic
3 no ext mic
I decided that I do not need autodetect(It can be done by modifying platformsID.xml) of microphones as sometimes I want to have choice, which microphone I need. Autodetect of speakers and headphones working properly.

RAM: 16 GB
SSD: 256 GB
Ethernet: Realtek RTL 8168H
WiFi: I replaced module to BCM94360CS2 via adapter, I will attach photo of it. Working Out Of the Box
Bluetooth: After replace it also works Out Of the Box.
WIFI+BT do not need any kexts or patches. Working during installation and recovery.
Touchpad: Elan 2514

Let's begin.
I started with collecting SSDTs, DSDT I've patched following Rehabman's guide, but SSDT I followed Dortania's guide from his Github page. It is simply explained which SSDTs I should take.
In my case I need:
SSDT-AWAC (RTC fix)
SSDT-BATT (Battery status)
SSDT-EC-USBX (Embedded controller & USB power)
SSDT-PLUG (Native CPU power management)
SSDT-PNLFCFL (brightness control)
SSDT-XOSI (for touchpad)

After I collected all DSDT and SSDTs that I need, I continued with setting config.plist. All my hackintosh time I used Clover, but after I setup my another hackintosh for best peefomance I had nothing to modify)) So I decided to try OpenCore. It appeared very easy to get it working. Following the same Dortania's guide I've created a config.plist for my ProBook. I will attach my EFI folder, in case I did something wrong and you my fellow friends can show me where I mistaken.

For battery status you should apply this patch to your DSDT. All credits to its author.
With ACPIBatteryManager.kext it works great, no warnings about low capacity or something.

After you get working your battery, you should create a SSDT hotpatch. Follow this guide.
And then delete DSDT from your ACPI folder and from config.plist

For keyboard I use VoodooPS2Controller.kext but I have deleted from it's plugins folder everything except VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext (It's necessary for touchpad setup)
For some reason I have my brightness keys working properly without any patch from my side. I don't know how it happened.

For touchpad I use VoodooI2C.kext (I had problem that I didn't know right kext loading sequence. 1st VoodooGPI0.kext 2nd VoodooI2CServices.kext 3rd VoodooI2C.kext)

For USB I followed this guide

Built in camera: Works after USB patch.

HDMI requires these patches
framebuffer-patch-enable 01000000
framebuffer-con1-busid 01000000
framebuffer-con1-enable 01000000
framebuffer-con1-type 00080000

Airdrop, Handoff, Continuity working perfect as I have native wifi+bt chip

iMessage, FaceTime working perfect after proper data inserting.

Useful articles:
Very helpful guide with similar laptop.

Rehabmans laptop DSDT patching guide

iMessage

Attachments

• adapter.JPG
    adapter.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 564
  • oc.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 1,161
Last edited:
surprised you went with FakeSMC and not VirtualSMC?

also DSDT.aml should only be used to patch your battery (test it works), then create a hotpatch for your battery and then remove DSDT.aml

some Asus laptops (mine does) only needs VirtualSMC.kext and SMCBatteryManager.kext to get working battery indicator

surprised you went with FakeSMC and not VirtualSMC?

also DSDT.aml should only be used to patch your battery (test it works), then create a hotpatch for your battery and then remove DSDT.aml

some Asus laptops (mine does) only needs VirtualSMC.kext and SMCBatteryManager.kext to get working battery indicator
I don't know how to create a hotpatch for battery. I tried Virtual SMC and SMCBatteryManager It gave me often battery warning when I hand a 70% of battery. So I decide to move back to ACPIBatteryManager

I don't know how to create a hotpatch for battery. I tried Virtual SMC and SMCBatteryManager It gave me often battery warning when I hand a 70% of battery. So I decide to move back to ACPIBatteryManager
did you try nvram reset? sometimes an EC reset may work

otherwise there is this thread:

also best to remove your DSDT.aml from your EFI as using DSDT on another laptop is not the best option as it can cause issues

did you try nvram reset? sometimes an EC reset may work

otherwise there is this thread:

also best to remove your DSDT.aml from your EFI as using DSDT on another laptop is not the best option as it can cause issues
Thank you for the article. I will delete dsdt. Thank you very much)

I have been using clover for the last 3 years and it was difficult to switch over to OC, but I finally did it running Big Sur. Everything except the SD reader works. All USB ports, HDMI, USB c (video and data) and sleep work flawlessly. I was able to get DW1560 to work with bluetooth (Airdrop works too).

I have attached a copy of my OC. I hope it can help someone

Attachments

• OC.zip
    5.2 MB · Views: 678
Updated Guide, right now no dsdt after setting everything up.
Thank you for your guide.
I use the aml + patches files for my Probook 440 G7, everything workes except the internal mic, it doesn’t show any input.
it’s an alc236, I already tried the layouts you mentioned.
Do you have an idea how I can fix it?

Last edited:
Thank you for your guide.
I use the aml + patches files for my Probook 440 G7, everything workes except the internal mic, it doesn’t show any input.
it’s an alc236, I already tried the layouts you mentioned.
Do you have an idea how I can fix it?
Hello! You can look in BIOS, there is an option to disable/enable microphone. After that, check all available layouts, and the last thing to look at codec dump, maybe there is some changes in new revisions or something. Also you can ask for help in the AppleALC troubleshooting thread. Hope you'll solve your issue)

Hello! You can look in BIOS, there is an option to disable/enable microphone. After that, check all available layouts, and the last thing to look at codec dump, maybe there is some changes in new revisions or something. Also you can ask for help in the AppleALC troubleshooting thread. Hope you'll solve your issue)
I looked in the BIOS, mic is enable. Tried all ids; next I’ll try VoodoHda (les quality)

Question: does the F8 key work (mic on / mute)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back