Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook 430 G6 (Whiskey Lake)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
It was a long time i don't came here.
I bought a 450 G6 this week and try to install catalina on it. since I have a probook 4540s with catalina which working very well, i was thinking it would be not so difficult. Unfortinately, i have a bios issue : i cant boot on the usb key because the image did not authenticate. I try a lot of change on the bios : update to the last version, pasword administrator, disable secure boot ... nothing happen. I try a linux usb key, it's the same result. I'm lost.
First : which version of the bios must i use ? what did i wrong ?
I try on the 4540s and it boot quite well on the catalina install so the usb disq is good.
Best regards
JM

Edit : finaly i solved the problem (it's very dumb indeed) i have used the num pad but i forgot to enable it so nothing hapenn. Finaly it works, i can test linux with a usb key. Now the big part : install Big Sure :eek:

Last edited:
Hi!
Successfully installed the latest Big Sur (11.2.3) on the HP Probook 430.
Everything started, thank you https://github.com/KirillSerogodsky/HP-ProBook-430-440-450-G6-Hackintosh.
But the fan control does not work. MacsFanControl writes about the need to reset the SMC.
And it also seems to me that the temperature of the sensors is shown lower than it is.

Tell me how to make a DSDT patch correctly: "FAN: works, require DSDT patch".
Bootloader - OpenCore 0.6.7

Thank you in advance.

Hi!
Successfully installed the latest Big Sur (11.2.3) on the HP Probook 430.
Everything started, thank you https://github.com/KirillSerogodsky/HP-ProBook-430-440-450-G6-Hackintosh.
But the fan control does not work. MacsFanControl writes about the need to reset the SMC.
And it also seems to me that the temperature of the sensors is shown lower than it is.

Tell me how to make a DSDT patch correctly: "FAN: works, require DSDT patch".
Bootloader - OpenCore 0.6.7

Thank you in advance.
Hi
Can you share here with your EFI partition
My 430 g6 with the same EFI from https://github.com/KirillSerogodsky/HP-ProBook-430-440-450-G6-Hackintosh
doesn't want to boot at all. i have the latest BIOS update, but i cant figure out what's the problem with it.

Thank you

Hi
Can you share here with your EFI partition
My 430 g6 with the same EFI from https://github.com/KirillSerogodsky/HP-ProBook-430-440-450-G6-Hackintosh
doesn't want to boot at all. i have the latest BIOS update, but i cant figure out what's the problem with it.

Thank you
Hello.
I don't have this computer anymore.
When I installed macOS I used the git repository with no change, only changed the serial number.
Everything started without problems.

I'm sorry I can't help you.

Any one have face the issue after update the bios to latest version 01.17.00 Rev.A .
Before the update . my battery work without problem . after the update i see the error message (battery's capacity is significantly reduced. To restore capacity, please check your service options).

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 8.35.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 8.35.28 PM.png
    82.3 KB · Views: 84
  • Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 8.35.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 8.35.57 PM.png
    97.4 KB · Views: 88
you should run older bios to get undervolt working anyway...it's the best thing to do to any laptop (using voltageshift)

Any one have face the issue after update the bios to latest version 01.17.00 Rev.A .
Before the update . my battery work without problem . after the update i see the error message (battery's capacity is significantly reduced. To restore capacity, please check your service options).
I had the same problem. I believe 01.1.17.00 update made changes to the battery. I downgraded back to 01.16.00 and works fine with everything...probably need to re-patch the SSDT for the battery for 01.1.17.00 to work.

Hi, don't know if there are still Probook 430 G6 users visiting this thread but I just bought a used one and did install Big Sur with Opencore.
I just wanted to know if some of you managed to disable "CFG Lock" and "Overclocking Lock" (for voltageshift) on this computer? I gathered different bios versions, from R71 01.09.01 to R71 01.16.00 and couldn't find any CFG Lock references with UEFITool.
Second question, did you managed to get fan speed value with VirtualSMC and SMCSuperIO plugin? I can get rpm informations with FakeSMC, but then getting reliable battery charge status is more problematic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back