Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook 430 G6 (Whiskey Lake)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone post a dump of there clover folder?
Im struggling to get my 450 g6(with the 1366x768 screen) posting with graphics acceleration, battery, display brightness, trackpad support (it works but no options to configure).

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 193
Hi @antonio765 ,
my 630 G6 starts and works, but with lots of problems. Tried to follow your instructions, but had to cancel some points - my knowledge is far too low up to now - (worked fine with a desktop system - but now?).

Running:
  1. Catalina 10.15.2
  2. USB (C not tested)
  3. Wlan with BCM94352Z
  4. Bluetooth
  5. Sound by headphone and speakers
  6. Apple store, Cloud, ...
  7. Keybord with german language (need it)
Problems:
  1. sleep (just freeze, screen is illuminated, wakes up by usb or mouse)
  2. HDMI
  3. "This Mac" shows just 7 MB (Bios: 128)
  4. in boot ist shows iterative some ACPI errors
I add my EFI, hope you can give me a hint for my problems

regards Juebie

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    19.7 MB · Views: 206
Can someone post a dump of there clover folder?
Im struggling to get my 450 g6(with the 1366x768 screen) posting with graphics acceleration, battery, display brightness, trackpad support (it works but no options to configure).

I have the same 450 g6 but with 1920x1080. Works with your CLOVER (Thanks!) But no graphics acceleration, battery, display brightness, trackpad configure.

Its confusing. Bluetooth is working but Wifi not with the inbuilt card. So the Card is regonized?

Do you have a idea how to work with?

Yeah that stock panel I had was shite, bought a 1080p ips but was expensive due to being narrow bezel.

I think my issue is with my SSDT as I’ve just grabbed it from other posts on here, I did get started making my own but the cheaper network card caused my laptop to crash as it wasn’t recognised, Ethernet worked but haven’t had time to mess with it and finish messing with SSDTs.

Since most the hardware is same as the 430 g6 it should be possible to get working to the same point as the OP.

Thanks so much! after 5 days trying to figure out how to solve my Trackpad issue, I finally solved it by patching! thanks for the screenshot I won't even know what this means if you didn't use a screenshot! from MaciASL!

My function keys work normally, no patches needed, including brightness.
Confirm, mine brightness keys are working too. I did not anything to make it work)

I’ve now sold my Probook 450 g6 as I couldn’t get OSX working properly and the performance was terrible under load in real world applications. When rendering on i5 it easily hit the 15 power limit and I couldn’t undervolt or anything to get the turbo higher leading to 1.6ghz all core. My dual core mid 2014 MacBook Pro with its 28w dual 4287u gave me double performance in davinci resolve renders.
I’d love to have been able to keep my hp as it was way quicker in web browsing but sustained loads and rendering isn’t suited to this laptop as the chip is so gimped even plugged in with power and enough cooling.

hi Antonio,
Can you give a patch for the touchpad or tell in more detail how to cook it yourself?

Sorry, I do it!!!
But one click and one tap it's not the same thing.
Do you have the same?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back