- Dec 23, 2011
- HP ProBook 430 G3
- Intel® Core™ i5-6200U
- Intel HD 520 1366x768
- Mobile Phone
- Intel Core i5 2.4 GHz (with Intel HD Graphics 520, metal capable)
- 16 GB 2133 MHz DDR4
- Two external displays 1920x1080 (VGA and HDMI)
- 60Gb SSD (SATA)
- Build-in Realtek RTL8111HSH. RealtekRTL8111.kext works for me
- WiFi Intel 3165 - known to be unsupported, replaced with Dell DW1560 (chipset Broadcom BCM94352Z)
- WebCamera [04f2:b51d] Chicony works (detected as a USB device)
- Fingerprint Reader [138a:003f] Validity Sensors, Inc. VFS495 - I have no clue how to make it work and I don't really need it. Disabled in BIOS
- Bluetooth [8087:0a2a] works (detected as a USB device)
Before you start
1) Important! Update BIOS to the latest version. At the time of writing the latest BIOS version available is v1.27 Rev.A.
2) Set video memory size in BIOS to at least 64MB. 32Mb does not work for me.
3) (optional) Enable "Launch Hotkeys without Fn keypress" in BIOS settings. This will let you use volume buttons in the top of your keyboard.
4) (optional) There is one more option "Swap Fn and Ctrl (Keys)" which seems to be designed for mac users. I prefer to turn it on.
5) Enroll in the Free Apple Beta Software Program
6) Download macOS Mojave Beta from App Store
1) Format flash drive like that
$ diskutil partitionDisk /dev/disk2 GPT JHFS+ MojaveInstallUSB 0b Started partitioning on disk2 Unmounting disk Creating the partition map Waiting for partitions to activate Formatting disk2s2 as Mac OS Extended (Journaled) with name MojaveInstallUSB Initialized /dev/rdisk2s2 as a 7 GB case-insensitive HFS Plus volume with a 8192k journal Mounting disk Finished partitioning on disk2 /dev/disk2 (external, physical): #: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER 0: GUID_partition_scheme *8.1 GB disk2 1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk2s1 2: Apple_HFS MojaveInstallUSB 7.7 GB disk2s2
$ sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Mojave\ Beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/MojaveInstallUSB --nointeraction Erasing disk: 0%... 10%... 20%... 30%... 100% Copying to disk: 0%... 10%... 20%... 30%... 40%... 50%... 60%... 70%... 80%... 90%... 100% Making disk bootable... Copying boot files... Install media now available at "/Volumes/Install macOS Mojave Beta"
4) Install Clover using option "Install for UEFI booting only"
include the following drivers:
- AppleImageCodec, AppleKeyAggregator and AppleUITheme are part of Clover ability to boot a FileVault 2 encrypted volume
- FirmwareVolume installs an implementation of the EFI_FIRMWARE_VOLUME_PROTOCOL for injecting the Apple cursor images for FileVault 2 (boot.efi will complain otherwise)
- CsmVideoDxe will make your display to use higher resolution before macOS kernel is loaded
- FSInject responsible for Clover's /EFI/kexts/XXX kext injection into kernelcache
- VBoxHFS is HFS+ file system driver
- OsxFatBinaryDrv is FAT file system driver
- SMCHelper silences most of the SMC errors
- EmuVariableUefi is not needed for this laptop because it is for Phoenix BIOS only, also this driver is known to generate audio issues
- OsxAptioFix3Drv fixes memory map created by AMI Aptio EFI, booting OS X is impossible without it
5) Mount USB EFI partition (actually it should be mounted already, but just in case)
sudo diskutil mount /dev/disk2s1
7) Replace config.plist with the one attached
8) Copy VoodooPS2Controller.kext to /Volumes/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.14/ (you can skip this step and use hardware USB keyboard during installation). Actually not every version of VoodooPS2Controller.kext works for me. For sample, version 1.8.16 crashes. But 1.8.34 works fine.
9) (optional) If you need Ethernet connection during install, add RealtekRTL8111.kext
10) FakeSMC.kext have to be copied to the same location, it emulates System Management Controller and it is mandatory
11) (optional) Download HPFanReset.efi and copy it to /Volumes/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ (I have no idea what is it for)
12) Copy APFS.efi driver to drivers64UEFI directory from
/Applications/Install macOS Mojave Beta.app/Contents/SharedSupport/BaseSystem.dmg > /usr/standalone/i386/apfs.efi
[To be continued...]
- [Guide] HP ProBook 430 G3 (SkyLake) - High Sierra (previous version of this guide)
- HP ProBook 430 G3 product page at NewEgg
- How to Create a macOS Mojave Public Beta Installation USB
- Unenroll from the Apple Beta Software Program (for later use)
- [README] Common Problems in 10.14 Mojave
- Clover: What is what
- How to bypass macOS Mojave’s APFS conversion
139.7 KB Views: 926
58.9 KB Views: 689
6.3 KB Views: 357
3.3 KB Views: 379
2 MB Views: 522