Motherboard
HP Pavilion 15-AB216TX
CPU
i5-5200U
Graphics
HD 5500
Mobile Phone
Android
Also can you tell if virtualsmc is better than fakesmc?
FakeSMC haven't been updated for a while now, but it still works. I am using VirtualSMC for a while now on both my laptops. both are pretty much same for me on this HP machine.
and i am having sleep/wake issues on 10.14.6, never had them on 10.14.1-3
what kind of sleep issues? sleep issue I had/have was related to power adapter, if AC adapter is connected laptop will instantly wake up. everything is fine on Battery though.

Motherboard
HP pavilion-15 ab-032tx + Clover
CPU
i5 - 5200U
Graphics
HD 5500
FakeSMC haven't been updated for a while now, but it still works. I am using VirtualSMC for a while now on both my laptops. both are pretty much same for me on this HP machine.

what kind of sleep issues? sleep issue I had/have was related to power adapter, if AC adapter is connected laptop will instantly wake up. everything is fine on Battery though.
when i was using 10.14.3 my laptop had no issues sleeping, the power button light blinked while sleeping, all usb ports turned off and woke up by pressing power button with display, touchpad, keyboard and usb port working fine.
Now, in 10.14.6, the laptop when wakes from sleep, the display shows a blue screen over which i can hover mouse pointer, everything else works but i cannot see anything on screen.

Now i'm stuck here while updating to catalina from mojave, when i block all kexts from clover then this.
20191023_183038.jpg

If i do not change anything, then this
15718358869826330167188234532343.jpg

All this happens, with following,
Kexts included : lilu, whatevergreen, voodoops2, applebacklightinjector, applealc, codeccommander, fakesmc, acpibatterymanager, usbinjectall

Have applied/not applied boot argument -lilubetaall

Last edited:
Motherboard
HP Pavilion 15-AB216TX
CPU
i5-5200U
Graphics
HD 5500
Mobile Phone
Android
Now i'm stuck here while updating to catalina from mojave, when i block all kexts from clover then this.
do you have a working Embedded Controller? check EC section Here

try attached config.plist with hotpatch ACPI files. i only see 3 SSDT's loaded _PNLF, spoof (that shouldn't be there if you had working setup, and should be replaced with SSDT that disables GPU with _OFF) and XOSI

also this explains the sleep/wake issue. patch ACPI files correctly and it will work.

Motherboard
HP pavilion-15 ab-032tx + Clover
CPU
i5 - 5200U
Graphics
HD 5500
do you have a working Embedded Controller? check EC section Here

try attached config.plist with hotpatch ACPI files. i only see 3 SSDT's loaded _PNLF, spoof (that shouldn't be there if you had working setup, and should be replaced with SSDT that disables GPU with _OFF) and XOSI

also this explains the sleep/wake issue. patch ACPI files correctly and it will work.
I just replaced your config.plist and it worked, Thanks aton you're awesome!

For sleep/wake, i'll try a vanilla build for catalina in some time with your guide.
I patched acpi correctly though last time and this time as well but yeah was encountering issues, maybe this will fix them. Thanks