Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Pavilion 15-AB216TX Catalina using OpenCore

Status
Not open for further replies.
The attached above EFI_OC-v0.7.4 produces totally blank screen from the very start. No error or other messages at all.
Thanks, Henryk
OpenCore Boot Picker is not visible either?

OpenCore Boot Picker is not visible either?
No, OC Boot Picker is not visible. Usually there is a few lines of text before the Picker appears but not this time, totally black screen from the moment the UEFI starts the chosen EFI.

No, OC Boot Picker is not visible. Usually there is a few lines of text before the Picker appears but not this time, totally black screen from the moment the UEFI starts the chosen EFI.
Debug version show some log before boot-picker, i used release version. It will show BIOS logo or black screen (depending on your boot order) before the boot picker is loaded. you can try Debug version if you want, just replace all the files with Debug version and enable debugging in config.plist

I forgot to add verbose boot flag so add "-v" to boot-args property in NVRAM section of config.plist as well.

Debug version show some log before boot-picker, i used release version. It will show BIOS logo or black screen (depending on your boot order) before the boot picker is loaded. you can try Debug version if you want, just replace all the files with Debug version and enable debugging in config.plist

I forgot to add verbose boot flag so add "-v" to boot-args property in NVRAM section of config.plist as well.
Ok, I copied all the files to OC debug version (also added -v) but I cannot find the place in config.plist where to enable debugging, Anyway, now we have soma logs before picker starts and indeed there errors in configuration (see the attached screen image). I am enclosing the debug version EFI too.
Thanks for all your help - Henryk

Attachments

• V074Debug-EFI.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 95
  • IMG_0140.JPG.zip
    114 KB · Views: 67
I cannot find the place in config.plist where to enable debugging

Misc -> Debug in config.plist

Also config.plist was placed in wrong directory, it should be in OC folder.

Try attached EFI, enabled debugging and verbose boot.

Attachments

• v0.7.4_Debug.zip
    5.9 MB · Views: 73

Yes, my fault, I haven't noticed that I put config.plist in a wrong place. Now, the last EFI starts OK but still there is a bug. See the enclosed debug file. Maybe we are very close to a success. Thanks very much, I am learning a lot from you.

Attachments

• opencore-2021-10-13-185946.txt.zip
    2.4 KB · Views: 64

I have changed SMBIOS using OpenCoreConfigurator and everything runs now more than perfect.
Thank you very very very much.

Attachments

• IMG_0143.JPG
    IMG_0143.JPG
    27.1 KB · Views: 80
  • opencore-2021-10-13-185946.txt
    256 KB · Views: 63
  • EFI.zip
    5.8 MB · Views: 120

correction Attached wrong file in the previous post

Attachments

• opencore-2021-10-13-173133.txt
    256 KB · Views: 62
I have changed SMBIOS using OpenCoreConfigurator and everything runs now more than perfect.
Thank you very very very much.
Great to hear that.

I think i mentioned to generate or use your old SMBIOS values, when i shared old Clover backup (forgot to mention for OC).

Great to hear that.

I think i mentioned to generate or use your old SMBIOS values, when i shared old Clover backup (forgot to mention for OC).
Actually, the brightness keys did not work (but the brightness sliders were ok). I have disabled SSDT-KEYS.aml and the appropriate patches (_Q10 and _Q11) and used BrightnessKeys.kext instead. Now, the brightness control keys (and also the sliders) work as they should do.
Thank you very much for all your help - Henryk

Attachments

• Release074BigSur EFI-HP.zip
    6.6 MB · Views: 129
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back