Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Pavilion 15-AB216TX Catalina using OpenCore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool.

Delay before sleep is normal (Rehabman used to say so, according to him it's present on real macs too).
The turns on again thing happened when I had AC adapter plugged in (on HP-AB216TX, Clover Bootloader), sleep worked fine on battery. but I didn't experience this when I switched to OpenCore.

Another cause is GPRW patch, and you haven't applied it yet. check wake reason after sleep wake cycle (blinking and turn-on again). it's pretty common and mentioned in Rehabmans Hotpatch guide.
I didn't really understand. What do you want me to do to fix sleep?

If you wanted me to send log of wake reason, here

Attachments

• wakereasonlog.txt
    14.8 KB · Views: 90
I didn't really understand. What do you want me to do to fix sleep?
I checked the log, you didn't disabled the Nvidia GPU. there is EHC1 and EHC2 (possibly GPRW USB "instant wake" patch will fix it)
@chilledHamza is this what you needed?
yes, that what I meant.

Try attached zip.
- Disabled Dedicated GPU with "disable-external-gpu" device-property
- added GPRW patch (binary + SSDT-GPRW)
- Sleep/Wake patch (SSDT-PTSWAK)

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 97
I checked the log, you didn't disabled the Nvidia GPU. there is EHC1 and EHC2 (possibly GPRW USB "instant wake" patch will fix it)

yes, that what I meant.

Try attached zip.
Nice, sleep works perfect now.
Say, about ethernet- are you also facing slow speeds? Or am I using a bad kext or something? (I'm using RealtekRTL8100.kext)
Usually in windows I get ~90mbps and here it's ~10mbps

Nice, sleep works perfect now.
Say, about ethernet- are you also facing slow speeds? Or am I using a bad kext or something? (I'm using RealtekRTL8100.kext)
Usually in windows I get ~90mbps and here it's ~10mbps
As I said earlier, I don't have this HP laptop anymore.
Ethernet controller wasn't that great, had issues obtaining IP Address after unplugging and re-plugging Ethernet cable. mostly used Wi-Fi (replaced with Dell DW-1830).
Also don't have 100Mbps connection to compare Bandwidth, LOL

As I said earlier, I don't have this HP laptop anymore.
Ethernet controller wasn't that great, had issues obtaining IP Address after removing and reconnecting Ethernet cable. mostly used Wi-Fi (replaced with Dell DW-1830).
Also don't have 100Mbps connection to compare speeds, LOL
Yeah I had the same issue after removing ethernet cable. Well, one more thing I had in mind: when I turn on the computer, the first boot stage (the part where if you have verbose enabled you can see log) is very dim, the backlight seems to be off. Then in the second boot stage (where even if you have verbose enabled you would see the apple logo with a loading bar) the screen is bright as usual. Any idea why this happens?

Yeah I had the same issue after removing ethernet cable. Well, one more thing I had in mind: when I turn on the computer, the first boot stage (the part where if you have verbose enabled you can see log) is very dim, the backlight seems to be off. Then in the second boot stage (where even if you have verbose enabled you would see the apple logo with a loading bar) the screen is bright as usual. Any idea why this happens?
I'm not sure about backlight issue, never experienced it. Check if BIOS update is available.

yes, that what I meant.

Try attached zip.
I just noticed that with the efi you gave me here I get this error before opencore loads the boot menu (the os still boots fine though)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201109-222129.png
    Screenshot_20201109-222129.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 84
By the way, I get this error when I try to update opencore and unlike the previous error, the os won't boot at all (I just see apple logo without progress bar)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201109-224847.png
    Screenshot_20201109-224847.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 93
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back