Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Pavilion 15-AB216TX Catalina using OpenCore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello.
My installation was successful im using the attached patches and config plist to boot it works fine.
I have the following problem when i close the lid or click the sleep button the Laptop shutdown and i have to boot again.
My webcam is not working also.
Can you guys help me with the sleep problem?
Hp 15-bs150nu

I'm sorry my poor English,I'm not a English speaker.
I have changed config-GUI-Screen resolution to 1920×1080,I try 1366×768、make it empty;
also have 8 apples flashed about 1s in the second phase of startup.
if i use one-key-hidpi I will see 8 apples about 2s.
but if i use other config.plist Graphics memory is only 7M,no such phenomenon.
View attachment 459258
you can try 2nd stage Boot graphics glitch patch, i'm not sure if there's any available for 10.15.x ; WhateverGreen is supposted to do all the (graphics) patching , you can try to enable CSM/Legacy mode (in Bios) that should also decrease the duration of glitch. patches doesn't remove it completely but reduce its duration.

Hello.
My installation was successful im using the attached patches and config plist to boot it works fine.
I have the following problem when i close the lid or click the sleep button the Laptop shutdown and i have to boot again.
My webcam is not working also.
Can you guys help me with the sleep problem?
Hp 15-bs150nu
check FAQ section, you might find something there. also attach problem reporting files.
Hi I have a HP Ac 126tx Installation was successful but web cam is not working Please help
Webcams are connected to USB and normally don't require any patches, it's possibly related to SSDT-UIAC, I think your camera might be on different USB port. remove SSDT-UIAC from Clover/Patched/ folder and reboot, then check if camera is working.

Last edited:
Hi, I have tried to use this process with a HP Pavilion Laptop 14-ce0xxx

i get a row of Plus signs trying to do the instal? Any thoughts?
I had to add the HFSPlus.afi to see that install option.
Is it correct the drivers are in drivers drivers64uefi?

Hi, I have tried to use this process with a HP Pavilion Laptop 14-ce0xxx

i get a row of Plus signs trying to do the instal? Any thoughts?
I had to add the HFSPlus.afi to see that install option.
Is it correct the drivers are in drivers drivers64uefi?
folder layout is little changed now, UEFI Drivers are now placed in /EFI/Clover/drivers/UEFI/

Im stuck at rooting via,,,,, both are usb 3 ports...
using default clover config...

Now its stuck at using 16384 buffer headers
Clover attached with screenshot:

Attachments

• Clover.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 125
  • IMG_20200519_142702.jpg
    IMG_20200519_142702.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Amazing, 'cause i was using a whole patched DSDT, and for OpenCore are suggested only hot-patch.
Now I'm booting with OpenCore.

@xWeapon You mentioned that your using OpenCore. Would you mind posting your OpenCore files? I'm trying to build OpenCore for my Latitude E7270. I would like to compare your OpenCore to the Clover on my Pavailion 15-AB so I can have a better understanding of OpenCore.

Thanks!

zog

Was Following your guide since March
Successfully install Catalina 10.15.4 on My Hp15-Ac126tx it has same specs like your laptop only the gpu is different it is a and radeon which is disabled
your Efi folder works perfectly

I update to 10.15.5 two hours back and so far it runs smooth
only the webcam does not work

can you please share your open core files
thanks

Last edited:
Was Following your guide since March
Successfully install Catalina 10.15.4 on My Hp15-Ac126tx it has same specs like your laptop only the gpu is different it is a and radeon which is disabled
your Efi folder works perfectly

I update to 10.15.5 two hours back and so far it runs smooth
only the webcam does not work

can you please share your open core files
thanks
Disabling Dedicated GPU is lot easier now, no DSDT/SSDT patch required. WhateverGreen can disable it with a single property.

About the webcam: Is it detected under USB or Camera section under System Information App?

Attached OpenCore folder doesn't include resources data required for external picker, so if you want to use OpenCore with GUI you'll have to place the resources and also change a few settings in config.plist. Add your SMBIOS information.
also it's the stock version of OpenCore (not ndk build), so all the ACPI stuff is also applied to Windows (if you have other OS). Other than all this I still need to test some stuff including HDMI Port etc.

*Edit: removed Rename GFX0 -> IGPU patch, And fixed SSDT-PNLF. it's Now injected to GFX0 device (instead of IGPU device). Should have figured it out sooner.

Attachments

• OpenCore.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 241
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back