Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Envy X360 13-y00XX (Mojave 10.14.4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Inspiron 15 5000
CPU
i3-8130U
Graphics
UHD 620
What a ride it has been! I started on this project over 1.5 years ago and gave up on it for reasons I don't quite remember. Now, I can safely say that this is a (mostly) successful project.

What's Working:
Wifi
Battery Status
CPU Power management
Webcam
Backlight + Keys
Sound
USB
TrackPad
Sleep + Lid
Touchscreen

Some Issues:
  • Boot screen garble + logo size changes (Caused by Vbios / EDID settings. Resizing Clover would normally fix, but this bios doesn't support anything besides 3200x1800 unfortunately.)
  • Spamming of XDCI / GLAN Error messages when typing log show --style syslog | fgrep "Wake reason" (Doesn't seemingly affect Hackintosh)
  • Audio doesn't work after sleep / reboot occasionally.
=-=-=-=
Inspiration:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-sierra-on-hp-spectre-x360-native-kaby-lake-support.228302/ Ddegrasse's guide is probably the most comprehensive regarding the 7th gen Spectre / Envy X360 Laptop model.
=-=-=-=
Specifications:
CPU: Intel Core I7 7500U
Memory: 16 GB 1867 Mhz DDR3
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 620
Audio Codec: Conexant CX8200
Resolution: 3200x1800 (Using 1600x900)
SMBIOS: Macbook Pro 14,1 (FYI: 14,2 and 14,3 utilize an external GPU which isn't supported on this system)
=-=-=-=

Some very important information regarding my Hackintosh journey. I truly learned a lot through trial and error.
  • HP does not recognize Clover's bootloader so you need to find another way to start Clover in the case that you aren't using the USB
  • The card reader is incompatible. I physically detached the link cable from my board so it is no longer recognized. (Saves you power!)
  • The touch screen is USB based not I2C so it should work with a properly configured SSDT-UIAC.aml
  • The onboard-wifi card does not work. I am using a BCM94352z
  • PCI M.2 SSDs DO NOT HAVE POWER SAVING MODE. Use SATA for maximum battery efficiency! The ssd that comes with this laptop works fine, but will use more power than a SATA m.2 ssd. (I'm using a Samsung Evo 860)
  • Bluetooth requires proper Usb Inject All patching as it is USB-Based.
  • If Siri and the app store don't work, try to make Wifi be listed as en0 instead of en1. Delete all wifi interfaces in Settings -> Networks then run and reboot
    Code:
    sudo rm /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist
This guide will not cover the process of creating the USB-Installer.

Step 1: Install Clover (Assuming you have MacOS installed on to a USB with proper formatting)

Check these options:
  • Install for UEFI booting only
  • Install Clover in the ESP
  • Under Drivers64UEFI:
    • AptioMemoryFix
    • ApfsDriverLoader
    • FSInject
    • Find HFSPlus.efi (I don't think this option exists, but make sure it's in your Drivers64UEFI folder)
  • Install RC Scripts on target volume
  • Install Clover Preference Pane (Optional)
Step 2: Replace the Clover Folder with my files.

You can mount the EFI Partition using the latest version of Clover Configurator. Mackie100Projects has them.
  • Probably best to remake DSDT.aml and SSDT-UIAC.aml according to your own setup so I advise you delete it. [EFI/EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched/]
  • Kexts will be outdated as time goes by so I will NOT be adding any kexts into the /Other folder. Please find them yourself. In the meantime, I will provide a link of all the kexts I currently use.
    • FakeSMC (Absolutely needed) I found that VirtualSMC does not let me update to 10.14.4)
    • ACPIBatteryManager (DSDT + This Kext = Battery Percentage)
    • aDummyHDA + HDAEnabler + CodecCommander (I found that Mirone's HDA Patcher works best with CX8200)
    • BrcmFirmwareRepo or Data + BrcmPatchRAM2 (for working Bluetooth)
    • NoTouchID (Lessens login lag)
    • USBInjectAll + DSDT (Absolutely needed for USBs to function)
    • WhateverGreen (Hardware Acceleration)
    • Lilu (Absolutely needed for corresponding kexts to work)
    • AirportBrcmFixup (Needed for BCM94325z wifi to work)
    • VoodooPS2Controller (For Trackpad)
PUT IMPORTANT KEXTS IN YOUR /EFI/EFI/CLOVER/KEXTS/OTHER/ FOLDER

Step 3: Install Mac OS on to your designated drive with the proper formatting

=-=-=-=
POST-INSTALLATION:

Step 4: Install Clover and replace the Clover folder with the USB one

4a. Install all Kexts to /Library/Extensions (Top left corner, Press Go -> Go to Folder)
4c. Use a permission-repair / Cache updater like Kext Utility
4b. Delete all kexts located in /EFI/EFI/CLOVER/KEXTS/OTHER except for the essentials! (I personally only keep FakeSMC)

Step 5: Generate a new Serial Number, SmUUID, and Custom UUID for your Config.Plist
(Located in SMBIOS and System Parameters if you're using Clover Configurator)

Step 6: Add a boot entry for Clover: (Taken from Ddegrasse's guide)

I have already added Preloader.efi and loader.efi on to the uploaded folder. Just download EasyUEFI for Windows and do the steps listed below

Explanation: The process to workaround HP’s firmware bug involves loading PreLoader.efi, which will then look for a file in the same directory called “loader.efi”. If secure boot is disabled, PreLoader.efi will chain load the file called loader.efi without any other configuration. We rename CLOVERX64.efi to loader.efi to take advantage of this. Here, we’ll use EasyUEFI to create a menu entry for Clover. We’ll also disable the windows boot entry, since this tends to reduce the frequency with which HP’s firmware decides to reset the boot order.

Steps:
  • Open EasyUEFI, and click on the button labeled “Manage EFI Boot Option”
  • Click on the plus button alongside the list of boot entries to add a new entry
  • Select “Linux or Other OS” in the Type menu
  • Add a description for the boot loader entry, such as “Clover PreLoader”
  • Select the EFI partition on your disk
  • Now click the browse button, and browse to the CLOVER folder and select PreLoader.efi as the file
  • Click OK to add the entry. Use the up and down arrows to set the priority of the boot entry if you’d like
Now, select the Windows boot entry and click the red circle. The status should change to “Disabled”, which will prevent you from booting windows instead of clover on accident (note this step is entirely optional)

Step 7: Disable Hibernation

Code:
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 0
sudo pmset -a standby 0
sudo rm /private/var/vm/sleepimage
sudo mkdir /private/var/vm/sleepimage

Brightness Keys

Whatevergreen + SSDT-PNLF.aml allows the backlight to function. SSDT-BRIGHT.aml adds HP-designated keybinds to control the backlight.
(F2 is Decrease and F3 is Increase Brightness) Leave it if you are using the same laptop.

USB Power Saving / XOSI

SSDT-USBX.aml and SSDT-XOSI.aml shouldn't be laptop specific and will work for various devices. Leave them be.

=-=-=-=

Step 8: DSDT Patching

Refer to this guide to learn more about patching your DSDT
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

NOTE: My Envy X360 does not have XDCI and GLAN devices, but are listed in the DSDT. As a result, if you type

Code:
log show --style syslog | fgrep "Wake reason"

It will bombard you with GLAN XDCI errors. I have personally removed the PWR function and patched STA to return zero. Sleep works fine with lid, but the error messages will not disappear.

Alternate Patches:

I believe these are the patches I have done to my DSDT.
  • [bat] HP G6 2221ss
  • [sys] Fix_WAK Arg0 v2
  • [sys] Fix Mutex with non-zero SyncLevel
  • [sys] HPET Fix
  • [sys] IRQ Fix
  • [sys] RTC Fix
  • [usb] USB3 _PRW 0x6D Skylake (instant wake)
  • Removed _PRW from XDCI, XHC, and GLAN
  • Patched _STA to return Zero from XDCI, XHC, and GLAN
Step 9: Audio

I used Mirone's AppleHDA Patcher to get my CX8200 Codec to work. You can search for this tool online and follow the instructions there.
You can try using AppleALC by itself. Supported layout ids for CX8200 are 3 and 21.

And that is all! I hope I have been helpful in creating your Hackintosh.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    11.6 MB · Views: 926
Last edited:
Hello, can you please upload your ssdt and dsdt, I have the same hp laptop model , thank you.

Hello, can you please upload your ssdt and dsdt, I have the same hp laptop model , thank you.
you shouldn't use a DSDT from another machine, it will cause you issues, best to patch your own

but we have the same machine?

what about rehabmans patches

but we have the same machine?

what about rehabmans patches
regardless if you have the same machine or not, it is still not a good idea

extract and patch your own DSDT, it will save you a lot of hassle

As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

Kudos for audio layout information. On my HP X360 Elitebook G2 1030, the layout 21 works best supporting internal speakers and headphones, layout 3 just supports the internal speakers.

regards

Calan

• The touch screen is USB based not I2C so it should work with a properly configured SSDT-UIAC.aml

Did you manage to start the touch screen? Could you give more details about this moment?

I see this is old but, when you plug a combo headphones (headphones +mic) does the mic work or not at all ?

Using my bose noise cancelling headphones plugged into the headphone port of the HP X360 Elitebook G2 1030 - the microphone works fine.

regards

Calan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back