Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Envy Haswell series J/K using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here the EFI folder. I added the FakePCIID but that didn't work. Yes I followed the guide the same way I followed it for 10.10

Remove OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi from drivers64UEFI.

And the config.plist is not config_HD4600_4400_4200.plist as linked by the guide.

And the config.plist is not config_HD4600_4400_4200.plist as linked by the guide.

I removed OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi and used the HD4600 playlist instead. Thought I was suppose to use HD5000 if I had the HD4600.

It did not make a difference though. It does not boot normal or in safe mode. Here is a screenshot of normal boot and verbose.

In verbose it says waiting for root device then the screen gets unreadable.

Attachments

• IMG_0012.jpg
    IMG_0012.jpg
    812.9 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_0016 (4).jpg
    IMG_0016 (4).jpg
    600 KB · Views: 82

When I use config_HD4600_4400_4200.plist for Yosemite install I get graphics corrupton when the installer boot. The HD 5000 config boots fine.

When I use config_HD4600_4400_4200.plist for Yosemite install I get graphics corrupton when the installer boot. The HD 5000 config boots fine.

Using HD5000+ plist with HD4600/HD4400 disables the graphics drivers.

I removed OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi and used the HD4600 playlist instead. Thought I was suppose to use HD5000 if I had the HD4600.

It did not make a difference though. It does not boot normal or in safe mode. Here is a screenshot of normal boot and verbose.

In verbose it says waiting for root device then the screen gets unreadable.

USB problem...

Try different USB ports, different USB sticks (both USB2 and USB3).

Using HD5000+ plist with HD4600/HD4400 disables the graphics drivers.

Thanks I got it working. The only issue I see so far is no cpu temp and I cannot change when the PC sleeps. In Yosemite there was an option to set the sleep time.

Thanks I got it working. The only issue I see so far is no cpu temp and I cannot change when the PC sleeps.

What tool are you using to read CPU temperature?

I did not install the FakeSMC Plugins because they are inefficient, so HwMonitor will not show CPU temp. You can use other tools, such as "Intel Power Gadget".

In Yosemite there was an option to set the sleep time.

Your complaint is for Apple. It is how they want it to work.

Test all of your USB ports, with both USB3 and USB2 devices.

Please report back results.

I have enabled UXBXHC_Envy.kext to the install_downloads.sh script. Please update your copy of the repo (git pull) and test it.

With a current git pull of the repo all ports work with USB 2 devices, and when a USB 3 device is used they yield USB 3 speeds (circa 100 MB/sec write times).

With a current git pull of the repo all ports work with USB 2 devices, and when a USB 3 device is used they yield USB 3 speeds (circa 100 MB/sec write times).

Also test after sleep to be sure the ports work as expected after sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back