Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Envy Haswell series J/K using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Envy 17-J100 running 10.11.1, the display turns off when I close the lid and will not turn back on. If I leave the lid open and allow it to sleep naturally, it wakes up instantly when a key is touched. See below for my hibernation settings. All looks good to me; what do you think the issue is?

Code:
$ pmset -g[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Active Profiles:[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Battery Power        -1[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]AC Power        -1*[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Currently in use:[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo] standby              1[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo] womp                 0[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo] halfdim              1[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo] hibernatefile        /var/vm/sleepimage[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo] powernap             1[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo] networkoversleep     0[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo] disksleep            0[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo] sleep                10[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo] autopoweroffdelay    14400[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo] hibernatemode        0[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo] autopoweroff         1[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo] ttyskeepawake        1[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo] displaysleep         10[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo] standbydelay         10800[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]$ cd /var/vm/[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]$ ls[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]sleepimage[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]$ cd sleepimage[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]$ ls[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]$
[/FONT]

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting"

Also, compare/report/test with 10.11 and 10.10.

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting"

Also, compare/report/test with 10.11 and 10.10.

The problem reporting attachments are attached.

Code:
[FONT=Menlo]$ kextstat|grep -y acpiplat[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   13    2 0xffffff7f82cc2000 0x66000    0x66000    com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (4.0) 295F7A91-2DF7-3FFE-9550-A0C1A6F9D575 <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]$ kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]$
[/FONT]

Unfortunately, I don't currently have an extra 2.5" drive to install a previous version of OS X onto for testing.

Attachments

• eric_in_or-CLOVER.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 87
  • eric_in_or-IOREG.ioreg
    5 MB · Views: 109
  • eric_in_or-RehabMan.zip
    28 KB · Views: 86
The problem reporting attachments are attached.

Code:
[FONT=Menlo]$ kextstat|grep -y acpiplat[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   13    2 0xffffff7f82cc2000 0x66000    0x66000    com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (4.0) 295F7A91-2DF7-3FFE-9550-A0C1A6F9D575 <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]$ kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]$
[/FONT]

Unfortunately, I don't currently have an extra 2.5" drive to install a previous version of OS X onto for testing.

Install 10.10 to the same HDD for comparison.

Also, same for 10.11. Need to know if it is something new or not.

You may be the first to try 10.11...

Also, in the repo, you'll find FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext (moves USB2 ports on XHC to EHC) and USBXHC_Envy.kext (port injector). These are also solutions you should try. Since I don't have the laptop, I couldn't test these items, nor tweak them for this laptop.

Also, the current guide uses different kexts than those you have installed. Make sure you're using the currently checked in scripts.

Were you able to install it? Is installing it the same as Yosemite?

Most of the work required is already in the repo. Not sure on the status of USB. I have commented out some of the kexts (install_downloads.sh) that may be needed... waiting for someone to try before adding them permanently.

See my response regarding 10.11 in post #362.

Install 10.10 to the same HDD for comparison.

Also, same for 10.11. Need to know if it is something new or not.

You may be the first to try 10.11...

Also, in the repo, you'll find FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext (moves USB2 ports on XHC to EHC) and USBXHC_Envy.kext (port injector). These are also solutions you should try. Since I don't have the laptop, I couldn't test these items, nor tweak them for this laptop.

Also, the current guide uses different kexts than those you have installed. Make sure you're using the currently checked in scripts.

Thanks for the great advice! :clap: I installed USBXHC_Envy.kext using Kext Wizard, and the issue was resolved. I can now close lid and it goes to sleep, and wakes again when I open the lid. I believe everything is now working on this install of 10.11.1, including USB 3.

Thanks for the great advice! :clap: I installed USBXHC_Envy.kext using Kext Wizard, and the issue was resolved. I can now close lid and it goes to sleep, and wakes again when I open the lid. I believe everything is now working on this install of 10.11.1, including USB 3.

Test all of your USB ports, with both USB3 and USB2 devices.

Please report back results.

I have enabled UXBXHC_Envy.kext to the install_downloads.sh script. Please update your copy of the repo (git pull) and test it.

I installed 10.10 without an issue but cannot get 10.11 to boot from USB with the envy 17t-j1000. Do I need to do anything different?

I installed 10.10 without an issue but cannot get 10.11 to boot from USB with the envy 17t-j1000. Do I need to do anything different?

Did you follow the guide?

Post EFI/Clover folder.

Did you follow the guide?

Post EFI/Clover folder.

Here the EFI folder. I added the FakePCIID but that didn't work. Yes I followed the guide the same way I followed it for 10.10

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 100
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back