Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Envy Haswell series J/K using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope these information would help the hack of ENVY 15-k301tu.

Not really. What would help is the files from Linux requested in post #27.

According to the hardware information of envy 15-k301tu, is it possible to make the battery and the lightness of the screen work without dsdt patch?

i mean to make the battery and lightness work only by the two kexts?

According to the hardware information of envy 15-k301tu, is it possible to make the battery and the lightness of the screen work without dsdt patch?

i mean to make the battery and lightness work only by the two kexts?

Both battery status and backlight control require DSDT patches (and kexts) on all laptops.

The repo/guide deals with both, provided the laptop is compatible with it.

You have not provided enough information to determine if the repo is compatible with the specific laptop you have in mind. Read post #27.

After patches, i've got these files (build folder attached).
But they have a lot of errors, when i'm trying to compile them

Attachments

• build.zip
    32 KB · Views: 112
Both battery status and backlight control require DSDT patches (and kexts) on all laptops.

The repo/guide deals with both, provided the laptop is compatible with it.

You have not provided enough information to determine if the repo is compatible with the specific laptop you have in mind. Read post #27.
I have try my best to gather hardware information for envy 15-k301tu. I actually don't get it yet so I cannot get files derived from the machine. But I think most hardware information has been provided as shown in those images I attached.

I have try my best to gather hardware information for envy 15-k301tu. I actually don't get it yet so I cannot get files derived from the machine. But I think most hardware information has been provided as shown in those images I attached.

When you have the machine, gather the files requested in post #27 from Linux.

It is Clover doing things we don't want it to do with the native extracted files.

You're evidently the first person to use patchmatic extract to native_patchmatic (not use a Linux dump to native_linux)...

Update your config.plist on USB from repo: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config

Update envy.git using 'git pull'.

Try again... (from the beginning of "Re-patching DSDT/SSDTs")

So now, patching successful. But, files don't compile... see post #44

After patches, i've got these files (build folder attached).
But they have a lot of errors, when i'm trying to compile them

Files in build are already compiled and ready to install with 'make install' (read post #1). By definition, an AML has no errors (the compiler cannot create an AML if the DSL has errors). Any errors are created by disassembly.

Why are you trying to disassemble and recompile?

Files in build are already compiled and ready to install with 'make install' (read post #1). By definition, an AML has no errors (the compiler cannot create an AML if the DSL has errors). Any errors are created by disassembly.

Why are you trying to disassemble and recompile?

First, i did reboot. Boot stucks. Reboot without caches helps. Reboot was so long, finally, desktop appears and only few things was working. Graphics wasn't.. That's why, i've opened files in EFI folder, and try to compile.

So i've returned to my previous files.
What can be a problem?

First, i did reboot. Boot stucks. Reboot without caches helps. Reboot was so long, finally, desktop appears and only few things was working. Graphics wasn't.. That's why, i've opened files in EFI folder, and try to compile.

So i've returned to my previous files.
What can be a problem?

Post EFI/Clover folder.

Did you use download.sh and install_downloads.sh to update to current kexts?
Are you using the correct config.plist?

Boot verbose for troubleshooting. Show quality photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back