Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Envy Haswell series J/K using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm booting from hdd via usb for now. I have 4 usb 3.0 in my laptop. 1 of them works even if computer is not powered. That what i mean "energy saved"

Not surprising.

Also you can add, that owners of touchscreen envy will have their touchscreen working, but no multitouch.

Also you can add, that owners of touchscreen envy will have their touchscreen working, but no multitouch.

Yes, it seems to work on all USB touchscreens in Yosemite.

To finish the setup, we need a correctly patched DSDT/SSDT.

In Terminal:
Code:
cd ~/Projects/envy.git
./disassemble.sh
make patch
make
make install

The ./disassemble.sh will extract your native DSDT/SSDTs using 'patchmatic -extract' and place them in ./native_patchmatic. It will then disassemble them and place the results in ./unpatched.

Code:
[FONT=Menlo]Stass-MBP:envy.git stasvolskyi$ ./disassemble.sh[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]./disassemble.sh: line 18: patchmatic: command not found[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]cp: ./native_linux/DSDT: No such file or directory[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]cp: ./native_linux/SSDT*: No such file or directory[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]cp: ./native_linux/dynamic/SSDT*: No such file or directory[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]chmod: ./tmp/*: No such file or directory[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]rm: ../unpatched/*.dsl: No such file or directory[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]./disassemble.sh: line 42: iasl: command not found[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]mv: rename *.dsl to ../unpatched/*.dsl: No such file or directory[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Stass-MBP:envy.git stasvolskyi$
[/FONT]

here is mine output

Code:
[FONT=Menlo]./disassemble.sh: line 18: [B]patchmatic: command not found[/B][/FONT]

here is mine output

You forgot to run ./download.sh, and ./install_downloads.sh. Read/follow the guide carefully and in the exact order specified.

You forgot to run ./download.sh, and ./install_downloads.sh. Read/follow the guide carefully and in the exact order specified.

Now, after ./disassemble.sh i see all files in "native_patchmatic", but they are not copied to unpatched.

Code:
[FONT=Menlo]Acpi table [SSDT] successfully installed and loaded[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Pass 1 parse of [SSDT][/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Pass 2 parse of [SSDT][/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Loading Acpi table from file SSDT-4.aml - Length 00015119 (003B0F)[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]ACPI: SSDT 0x0000000000000000 003B0F (v01 HPQOEM 1967     00001000 INTL 00040000)[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Loading Acpi table from file SSDT-3.aml - Length 00013189 (003385)[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]ACPI: SSDT 0x0000000000000000 003385 (v01 HPQOEM 1967     00003000 INTL 00040000)[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]ACPI Error: [SANV] Namespace lookup failure, AE_ALREADY_EXISTS (20141107/dswload-451)[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]ACPI Exception: AE_ALREADY_EXISTS, During name lookup/catalog (20141107/psobject-305)[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Could not parse external ACPI tables, AE_ALREADY_EXISTS[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]mv: rename *.dsl to ../unpatched/*.dsl: No such file or directory[/FONT]

Now, after ./disassemble.sh i see all files in "native_patchmatic", but they are not copied to unpatched.

Code:
[FONT=Menlo]Loading Acpi table from file SSDT-4.aml - Length 00015119 (003B0F)[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]ACPI: SSDT 0x0000000000000000 003B0F (v01 HPQOEM 1967     00001000 INTL 00040000)[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Loading Acpi table from file SSDT-3.aml - Length 00013189 (003385)[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]ACPI: SSDT 0x0000000000000000 003385 (v01 HPQOEM 1967     00003000 INTL 00040000)[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]ACPI Error: [SANV] Namespace lookup failure, AE_ALREADY_EXISTS (20141107/dswload-451)[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]ACPI Exception: AE_ALREADY_EXISTS, During name lookup/catalog (20141107/psobject-305)[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Could not parse external ACPI tables, AE_ALREADY_EXISTS[/FONT]

Did you boot using the USB as described in the guide? (USB must be created per-guide as well).

Since you have now invalid files in native_patchmatic (due to not booting from USB for native extraction), you will need to remove them. Use 'make cleanallex' as is specified by the guide.

You should read the section marked "Re-patching DSDT/SSDT" carefully.

Did you boot using the USB as described in the guide? (USB must be created per-guide as well).

Hmm, nope). I must boot from usb?)

You should read carefully. It is specified in the guide in the section I noted.

From usb it is ok. But a new problem..
Code:
[FONT=Menlo]Stass-MacBook-Pro:envy.git stasvolskyi$ make patch
[/FONT][FONT=Menlo]make: *** No rule to make target `unpatched/DSDT.dsl', needed by `patched/DSDT.dsl'.  Stop.[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Stass-MacBook-Pro:envy.git stasvolskyi$[/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back