Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Envy Haswell series J/K using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Rehabman,
I am checking in whether this is a known issue or not. I'm on Mavericks and my audio jack hotplug is not working. If I start without a jack plugged in, plugging one in when the system is up does not trigger the output. If I start with a jack plugged in, conversely, I get audio through the jack but unplugging it does not kick in the speakers (need another reboot). Had this problem forever, but if there's a fix it's good to know.

No fix that I know of. You might be able to do something with CodecCommander.kext (experiment with hda-verb). You will need some knowledge of Intel HDA.

If course, no other reports... so maybe you didn't follow the guide. Refer to post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Also, any news about the new implementations for the trackpad you were referring to? (I mean the delayed tracking on touch to avoid accidental pointer motion on click).

No time to work on it. Maybe some day...

Hi Rehabman

Last edited:

Hey there RehabMan....first...big up and respect to you. I'm so late to this party bro. But I'm gonna give this a try. I am struggling already. I see nobody has this machine anymore. What's the newest OS I can do on my machine? It won't matter if I have to use an old build.

My System: HP Envy 15j-100

Motherboard: 1967 KBC Ver. 93.49 Chipset: Intel Haswell Rev. 06 Southbridge: Intel HM87 C2
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4702Q Haswell
Graphics: Intel(R) HP Graphics 4600/ NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M/ Screen Res. 1920x1080

Hey there RehabMan....first...big up and respect to you. I'm so late to this party bro. But I'm gonna give this a try. I am struggling already. I see nobody has this machine anymore. What's the newest OS I can do on my machine? It won't matter if I have to use an old build.

Motherboard: 1967 KBC Ver. 93.49 Chipset: Intel Haswell Rev. 06 Southbridge: Intel HM87 C2
Graphics: Intel(R) HP Graphics 4600/ NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M/ Screen Res. 1920x1080
new guide is here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-hp-envy-haswell-series-j-k-q-n-using-clover-uefi.232963/

The post #1 link eventually gets you to the current guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back