Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Envy Haswell series J/K/Q/N using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have done it one time with my envy 15j, but the system is not optimized for boot from mSATA. If you have other system installed in the main drive it can be hard and you can't set the main boot from the mSATA.

If you leave the EFI partition in the main SATA drive, it is okay to have the other partition (system) in the mSATA.
have you tried to install Catalina yet? and thanks so it is possible to do a dualboot system?

have you tried to install Catalina yet? and thanks so it is possible to do a dualboot system?
I have not tried Catalina yet, but I have a stable install of the system in a 250 GB mSata SSD, that I installed in the early High Sierra days and survived through Mojave upgrade. I have the EFI partition and windows installed in a Sata3 480 SSD.

For Cataline I would wait for the kexts to be stable, while it is in beta it can change a lot and the developers like RehabMan have a hard time to track all the changes, so I would wait or experiment on a test partition or drive, before modding the main system partition.

Have you tried to do the opposite? Window into mSATA and Mac into Sata3 SSD?? Just wondering and looking for the best dual boot option

Hi

After updating my Envy-j to 10.14.6 I lost audio comletely. Neighter built-in nor HDMI work as outputs. Mic seems to be gone too.

Can someone help me?

Attachments

• debug_19177.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 164
Hi!
Im running Mojave in envy 15 k, the OS works properly but wifi/bluetooth doesn't
can someone help me ?

i did, and now my graphics not working. in sysinfo it shows nvidia as chipset model, and in about this mac, no graphics at all, cause nvidia is not working i guess... does anyone know how to fix this?

i did, and now my graphics not working. in sysinfo it shows nvidia as chipset model, and in about this mac, no graphics at all, cause nvidia is not working i guess... does anyone know how to fix this?
not supported on Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back