Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Envy Haswell series J/K/Q/N using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
After initiating the installer you must use Clover to boot the installer itself instead of your normal system partition.
Pay attention to the options available after reboot.

Note: Your drivers64UEFI is not per guide. Please read it carefully. And Clover/kexts should have only Clover/kexts/Other, no version specific folders.

I finished the upgrade from high sierra, Everything works well except the Brightness (Does not seem to work) and the Graphics (Looks a bit pale - dark gray instead of white - see attached)

Thanks,

Attachments

• debug_20813.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 166
  • BG.png
    BG.png
    252.5 KB · Views: 208
I finished the upgrade from high sierra, Everything works well except the Brightness (Does not seem to work) and the Graphics (Looks a bit pale - dark gray instead of white - see attached)

Thanks,

No ioreg attached.
Please check your files before upload.

No ioreg attached.
Please check your files before upload.
Sorry for that. I used the gen_debug tool. I've reuploaded with IOReg

Attachments

• debug_20813.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 142
Sorry for that. I used the gen_debug tool. I've reuploaded with IOReg

Use RehabMan Clover build as recommended in the guide.
Rebuild cache, then reboot.
Report result with full PR files again.

Use RehabMan Clover build as recommended in the guide.
Rebuild cache, then reboot.
Report result with full PR files again.

Installed Rehabman Clover version. Nothing has changed. Brightness (Does not seem to work) and the Graphics (Looks a bit pale - dark gray instead of white - see attached)

Attachments

• BG.png
    BG.png
    252.5 KB · Views: 182
  • debug_11334.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 162
Installed Rehabman Clover version. Nothing has changed. Brightness (Does not seem to work) and the Graphics (Looks a bit pale - dark gray instead of white - see attached)

MacBookPro9,2 is not the correct SMBIOS.
Refer to guide config_envyj.plist for correct SMBIOS setting.

I didn't check anything else.

Also, please fix your profile as per FAQ. Your profile should indicate make and model (no indication of j vs. k vs. n vs. q) and screen resolution (screen resolution is completely missing).

MacBookPro9,2 is not the correct SMBIOS.
Refer to guide config_envyj.plist for correct SMBIOS setting.

Also, please fix your profile as per FAQ. Your profile should indicate make and model (no indication of j vs. k vs. n vs. q) and screen resolution (screen resolution is completely missing).

My SMBIOS setting is MacBookPro11,1, I just copied config_envyj.plist and added boot entries
I've updated my profile to specify my model and resolution.

My SMBIOS setting is MacBookPro11,1, I just copied config_envyj.plist and added boot entries
I've updated my profile to specify my model and resolution.

For brightness, you may need to patch EDID/ProductID (and you'll need to inject it with Devices/Properties).
See guide for clues:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rol-using-applebacklightinjector-kext.218222/

Some of the guide plists have a commented placeholder for EDID inject:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

For brightness, you may need to patch EDID/ProductID (and you'll need to inject it with Devices/Properties).
See guide for clues:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rol-using-applebacklightinjector-kext.218222/

Some of the guide plists have a commented placeholder for EDID inject:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

I tried the changes outlined above, It ended up affecting my graphics and sleep and the brightness was not fixed.
Did something change in 10.14, the brightness control worked well with the latest version of 10.13

Attachments

• debug_25982.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 172
I tried the changes outlined above, It ended up affecting my graphics and sleep and the brightness was not fixed.
Did something change in 10.14, the brightness control worked well with the latest version of 10.13

There is no EDID injection present in your config.plist/Devices/Properties/PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x02,0)
Your config.plist seems to have a lot of edits from config_envyj.plist (eg. why do you have two patches for AppleBacklight?).

config.plist/Graphics/EDID stuff does not work when using config.plist/Devices/Properties (all injects need to use Devices/Properties in that scenario).

Maybe you should try with a fresh install (you have a lot of kexts installed, that are not part of a normal install). And probably the more I look, the more problems found... Follow the guide as written with a fresh install, then evaluate from there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back