I read post #1 plenty of times.
don't forget to move config.plist to efi folder:

Code:
cd ~/Projects/envy.git
cp config.plist /Volumes/EFI/EFI/Clover/config.plist

And remember to run this after rebooting without caches:

Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

I was having a similar problem, now I have perfectly functional Mojave beta 4.
One more time, thanks to @RehabMan for the awesome work!
And thanks to @pippoaacc for easying my path, I woldn't try Mojave beta and find the problem without your posts.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-08-03 at 23.29.31.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-03 at 23.29.31.png
    81 KB · Views: 165
  • Screen Shot 2018-08-04 at 01.20.12.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-04 at 01.20.12.png
    54.9 KB · Views: 175
Also, why do I see this in your kextcache output?
Kext with invalid signatured (-67030) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fd65f8ee410 [0x7fffa38d7af0]> { URL = "IDT92HD91BXXInject.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.apple.driver.AppleHDA" }

This guide does not recommend nor install IDT92HD91BXXInject.kext.

Please start over following post #1 as written (sorry, but it is tiring answering questions to those that have clearly done things outside the guide).

Keep in mind post #1, "Known Problems", "Audio" as well.
Thanks @RehabMan, it was indeed IDT92HD91BXXInject.kext, which I honestly don't remember when and if I personally installed. This is a very old build started on Mavericks and gone thru Yosemite, El Capitan and now HS, never clean install, always updated, and ALWAYS GREAT THANKS TO YOU. It might be some leftover of an older iteration, but now everything works. Thanks a lot for your patience

Thanks @RehabMan, it was indeed IDT92HD91BXXInject.kext, which I honestly don't remember when and if I personally installed. This is a very old build started on Mavericks and gone thru Yosemite, El Capitan and now HS, never clean install, always updated, and ALWAYS GREAT THANKS TO YOU. It might be some leftover of an older iteration, but now everything works. Thanks a lot for your patience

Glad to hear it.

Hi Rehabman -

Hey brother, 1st things 1st, thank you so much for the work you do on this project. It has helped more folks than you know, and I for one am very appreciate! I have been following and using your builds since day one when it was all less automated. Great job on this btw.

I have more of a general technical question rather than a problem-reporting issue.
Just upgraded to High Sierra 13.6.02 on my Envy 17t J series (per my profile)

All went well and repositories are working well, and as it was happening with my built in HD4600 I followed the threads about scrambled graphics at login and your advice to use Legacy/CSM. (I try to do my homework so I never have to bug you)

That works - but I was just wondering why that's needed in this case of High Sierra - when on Sierra and previous it was not? (on previous OS's I had to switch to legacy during install, but once the final config.plist was installed I could go back to non-legacy and graphics were fine).

I am assuming there is something different about HS which I am not aware of - something they changed?
I do like running with legacy off - so I actually prefer to just go to login and do the quick power button tap/screen black/ and then on and it clears it up.
Anyway - was just curious about what's different with this one - (and why the power off/on clears it up??).

You are a busy guy - so no hurry on this question my friend. This is more of thirst for the technical knowledge about what's going on there - and, why power off/power on button clears that up, that's all.

As always your efforts are much appreciated brother Rehabman.

Best Regards and thank you,

~ Ed

Hi Rehabman -

Hey brother, 1st things 1st, thank you so much for the work you do on this project. It has helped more folks than you know, and I for one am very appreciate! I have been following and using your builds since day one when it was all less automated. Great job on this btw.

I have more of a general technical question rather than a problem-reporting issue.
Just upgraded to High Sierra 13.6.02 on my Envy 17t J series (per my profile)

All went well and repositories are working well, and as it was happening with my built in HD4600 I followed the threads about scrambled graphics at login and your advice to use Legacy/CSM. (I try to do my homework so I never have to bug you)

That works - but I was just wondering why that's needed in this case of High Sierra - when on Sierra and previous it was not? (on previous OS's I had to switch to legacy during install, but once the final config.plist was installed I could go back to non-legacy and graphics were fine).

I am assuming there is something different about HS which I am not aware of - something they changed?
I do like running with legacy off - so I actually prefer to just go to login and do the quick power button tap/screen black/ and then on and it clears it up.
Anyway - was just curious about what's different with this one - (and why the power off/on clears it up??).

You are a busy guy - so no hurry on this question my friend. This is more of thirst for the technical knowledge about what's going on there - and, why power off/power on button clears that up, that's all.

As always your efforts are much appreciated brother Rehabman.

Best Regards and thank you,

~ Ed

Legacy/CSM generally needed as it initializes the hardware more completely, more like macOS/OS X expects.

Cool, thanks Rehabman.

Yeah was just wondering because found that previous versions of the OS didn't find it necessary to engage Legacy, and the fact that the Power button off, then on again clears up the graphics had me wondering about why with HS.

You are the man.

Thanks, sincerely, for all you do for the community.

All the best -

~ Ed

FYI: The guide has moved to the Mojave Laptop Guides forum.

Hi RehabMan,
I just replace my wifi card. It's AR9002WB. As my understanding, it's combine of AR9285 (wifi) and AR3011 (bluetooth). So all I need is find kext for AR9285, AR3011 and install it? If yes, which is best kext for them for high sierra? Thanks.

Hi RehabMan,
I just replace my wifi card. It's AR9002WB. As my understanding, it's combine of AR9285 (wifi) and AR3011 (bluetooth). So all I need is find kext for AR9285, AR3011 and install it? If yes, which is best kext for them for high sierra? Thanks.

Atheros WiFi is not recommended.
Guide recommends Broadcom BCM94252HMB.
Please read post #1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back