Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Envy Haswell series J/K/Q/N using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your AppleHDA_IDT76e0_Envy.kext was not generated with the current code in github.
Well, I followed exactly your steps, multiple times, if I pull now I indeed get a "up to date message". Will try to figure it out, thanks for your help.

Well, I followed exactly your steps, multiple times, if I pull now I indeed get a "up to date message". Will try to figure it out, thanks for your help.

Assuming you have current github copy (you should see layout14 in Resources_IDT76e0_Envy):
Code:
NUC6i7KYK:j-envy.git rehabman$ ls Resources_IDT76e0_Envy/*.plist
Resources_IDT76e0_Envy/Platforms.plist   Resources_IDT76e0_Envy/ahhcd.plist   Resources_IDT76e0_Envy/layout14.plist

You must remove the kext from the working directory and regenerate by running install_downloads.sh.
The install_downloads.sh script, uses patch_hda.sh to regenerate the kext before installing it.

Hi RehabMan I recently updated to latest mojave beta and everything is working perfect, I update according to your instruction on first post. Please let me know if you need more info from me (sorry for my english). Thanks for your work.

You can be the first to test the required changes for Mojave.
layout-id 3 cannot be used anymore, so I switched the repo to use layout-id 2.
Make sure you update everything (config.plist, ACPI/patched/SSDT-HACK.aml, run install_download.sh again to get new AppleHDA_ALC290.kext)

Last edited:
Hi RehabMan I recently updated to latest mojave beta and everything is working perfect, I update according to your instruction on first post. Please let me know if you need more info from me (sorry for my english). Thanks for your work.

Thanks for testing.

Assuming you have current github copy (you should see layout14 in Resources_IDT76e0_Envy):
Code:
NUC6i7KYK:j-envy.git rehabman$ ls Resources_IDT76e0_Envy/*.plist
Resources_IDT76e0_Envy/Platforms.plist   Resources_IDT76e0_Envy/ahhcd.plist   Resources_IDT76e0_Envy/layout14.plist

You must remove the kext from the working directory and regenerate by running install_downloads.sh.
The install_downloads.sh script, uses patch_hda.sh to regenerate the kext before installing it.

UPDATE: erased the entire Projects folder and repeated git pull from scratch, I now got the destination Built In Output devices to get recognized, but the source in Audio Preferences shows Unknown device. What I mean should be clear in the screenshot below
Screen Shot 2018-07-29 at 18.23.56.png

UPDATE: erased the entire Projects folder and repeated git pull from scratch, I now got the destination Built In Output devices to get recognized, but the source in Audio Preferences shows Unknown device. What I mean should be clear in the screenshot belowView attachment 343708

This guide does not recommend Sound Flower.
You failed to attach any PR files.

This guide does not recommend Sound Flower.
You failed to attach any PR files.
Here you go. No substantial changes other than refreshing the kext, hence I hadn't reattached problem reporting files. These were dumped after uninstalling soundflower, still no luck.

Attachments

• debug_9362.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 93
Here you go. No substantial changes other than refreshing the kext, hence I hadn't reattached problem reporting files. These were dumped after uninstalling soundflower, still no luck.

This from kextstat_log.txt indicates you didn't run ./install_downloads.sh:
Code:
LS FOR APPLEHDA :-
ls: /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/*.zml*: No such file or directory
END LS FOR APPLEHDA.

Read post #1.

This from kextstat_log.txt indicates you didn't run ./install_downloads.sh:
Code:
LS FOR APPLEHDA :-
ls: /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/*.zml*: No such file or directory
END LS FOR APPLEHDA.

Read post #1.

Will try again. But I did, believe it or not I am careful at procedures. I read post #1 plenty of times.

Will try again. But I did, believe it or not I am careful at procedures. I read post #1 plenty of times.

Also, why do I see this in your kextcache output?
Kext with invalid signatured (-67030) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fd65f8ee410 [0x7fffa38d7af0]> { URL = "IDT92HD91BXXInject.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.apple.driver.AppleHDA" }

This guide does not recommend nor install IDT92HD91BXXInject.kext.

Please start over following post #1 as written (sorry, but it is tiring answering questions to those that have clearly done things outside the guide).

Keep in mind post #1, "Known Problems", "Audio" as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back