Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Envy Haswell series J/K/Q/N using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
My WiFi and Bluetooth works fine, but my country code still shows US instead of GB even though I've edited the patch in config.plist. I've also gotten iMessage and Airdrop to work, but Handoff and Instant Hotspot don't work - the dock icons just don't show up. Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
My WiFi and Bluetooth works fine, but my country code still shows US instead of GB even though I've edited the patch in config.plist. I've also gotten iMessage and Airdrop to work, but Handoff and Instant Hotspot don't work - the dock icons just don't show up. Any ideas?

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Last edited by a moderator:
The patch you have for country code is for com.apple.driver.AirPort.BrcmNIC-MFG, but that is not the kext that is loading.
The ioreg clearly shows com.apple.driver.AirPort.Brcm4360.
Is there a country code patch for com.apple.driver.AirPort.Brcm4360? I'm not sure I could find one for 10.13.

Is there a country code patch for com.apple.driver.AirPort.Brcm4360? I'm not sure I could find one for 10.13.

No idea. You'll need to search for it (I don't need such a patch).
There is also AirportBrcmFixup.kext.

No idea. You'll need to search for it (I don't need such a patch).
There is also AirportBrcmFixup.kext.

Would it be worth trying AirportBrcmFixup instead of the current solution I have going? And how would I remove the current patches before installing airportbrcmfixup? Thanks .

Would it be worth trying AirportBrcmFixup instead of the current solution I have going? And how would I remove the current patches before installing airportbrcmfixup? Thanks .

It is easy to disable or remove the patches from config.plist.
Use a plist editor such as Xcode or PlistEdit Pro.

It is easy to disable or remove the patches from config.plist.
Use a plist editor such as Xcode or PlistEdit Pro.

Wouldn't I have to remove the relevant kexts as well? I'm not sure which ones they are.

Thanks for the great convenience that you provided for HP users. I followed your instructions and successfully made pretty much all (I think) key features work on my PC (graphics, built-in audio and mics, native WIFI and Bluetooth, CPU Power management, battery status, backlight...). However, I encountered a weird thing (to me), when I tried to upgrade the OS from 10.13.4 to 10.13.5 through Mac App Store followed this thread https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/macos-10-13-5-update.253132/ , my PC shutted down after downloading and the progress bar just stopped at the beginning for a while, and then restarted. The system was not upgraded, moreover, some built-in apps such as photos, mail, and iTunes were crashed and would not be launched any more. What might cause this problem? Please see attached file for details. Thank you.

Attachments

• problem-shooting.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Thanks for the great convenience that you provided for HP users. I followed your instructions and successfully made pretty much all (I think) key features work on my PC (graphics, built-in audio and mics, native WIFI and Bluetooth, CPU Power management, battery status, backlight...). However, I encountered a weird thing (to me), when I tried to upgrade the OS from 10.13.4 to 10.13.5 through Mac App Store followed this thread https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/macos-10-13-5-update.253132/ , my PC shutted down after downloading and the progress bar just stopped at the beginning for a while, and then restarted. The system was not upgraded, moreover, some built-in apps such as photos, mail, and iTunes were crashed and would not be launched any more. What might cause this problem? Please see attached file for details. Thank you.

The upgrade process takes several boots to the installer that you will notice in Clover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back