Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Envy Haswell series J/K/Q/N using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi !

First of all, thanks for this tutorial. The installation on my HP Envy 17-k102nf seems to have run correctly and everything works (except wifi and bluetooth but I suppose that the components of my computer are not compatible with macOS). However, sometimes the computer does not turn off completely and when I close my computer screen and reopen it, the computer no longer wants to wake up (I had the same problem with Windows that was related to Intel Management Engine Interface). When the screen turns itself off without closing it, I can wake it up. Could you help me?

You need to install compatible WiFi/BT hardware.
Read post #1.

OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi not recommended.
Use OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi or better AptioMemoryFix.efi.

You need to install compatible WiFi/BT hardware.
Read post #1.
I don't care about WiFi/BT. Is it because of these components that the computer does not shut down properly?

I don't care about WiFi/BT. Is it because of these components that the computer does not shut down properly?

Possibly.
You must follow the guide 100% as written.
That includes having the correct hardware installed.

Okay, thanks.
If I install the module BCM94352HMB my computer will shut down properly, right?

Okay, thanks.
If I install the module BCM94352HMB my computer will shut down properly, right?

It is not possible to predict the future.

I may be wrong, but I insist. I had exactly the same problem on Windows. I had solved the problem by disabling "Allow computer to turn off this device to save power" for the Intel Management Engine Interface device. Is there a similar option or setting to do the same on macOS?

disabling "Allow computer to turn off this device to save power" for the Intel Management Engine Interface device. Is there a similar option or setting to do the same on macOS?

No.

Hi !

First of all, thanks for this tutorial. The installation on my HP Envy 17-k102nf seems to have run correctly and everything works (except wifi and bluetooth but I suppose that the components of my computer are not compatible with macOS). However, sometimes the computer does not turn off completely and when I close my computer screen and reopen it, the computer no longer wants to wake up (I had the same problem with Windows that was related to Intel Management Engine Interface). When the screen turns itself off without closing it, I can wake it up. Could you help me?

Update your IMEI firmware version.
Read carefully here and follow the guide for your hardware: https://www.win-raid.com/t596f39-Intel-Management-Engine-Drivers-Firmware-amp-System-Tools.html

I've had the exact same issue on two different HP Envy K111nl.
I've updated IMEI and no more shutdown or wake issues on Windows 10 and macOS.

Before the IMEI flash/update my laptops got stuck with the power led on and nothing on screen on shutdown and on sleep-wake, same exact behaviour on Windows 10 and macOS, after the update the laptop become perfect, no more issues with sleep/wake or shutdown on both systems. Is a pretty good macbook thanks to Rehabman!

Update your IMEI firmware version.
Read carefully here and follow the guide for your hardware: https://www.win-raid.com/t596f39-Intel-Management-Engine-Drivers-Firmware-amp-System-Tools.html

I've had the exact same issue on two different HP Envy K111nl.
I've updated IMEI and no more shutdown or wake issues on Windows 10 and macOS.

Before the IMEI flash/update my laptops got stuck with the power led on and nothing on screen on shutdown and on sleep-wake, same exact behaviour on Windows 10 and macOS, after the update the laptop become perfect, no more issues with sleep/wake or shutdown on both systems. Is a pretty good macbook thanks to Rehabman!

Maybe official BIOS update from HP will update the IMEI firmware?

Both laptops were updated to latest BIOS version available from HP website at that time (
F.54 Rev.A - 13 nov 2017) but no IMEI update included and issue persisted. So i had to do that manually to fix everything.
Now i see that for my specific model there is a new BIOS version available (
F.55 Rev.A - 9 mar 2018), i don't know if that include the IMEI version updated or not, i hope so, and i hope that there is also an updated version for your specific version @fowlcott. The first thing is to update the BIOS and check if issue is resolved.
If it keeps not working i can confirm that an updated IMEI fix that shutdown/wakeup problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back