Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Envy Haswell series J/K/Q/N using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Guide] HP Envy Haswell series J/K using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Hi Rehabman.

I just wanted to take a moment to very sincerely thank you for your fantastic work you have put into the HP Envy guides. I have a need for a 17" Mac, which of course they no longer manufacture, and through your guide I've been able to put together a great working system, alternatively using both 10.10.5 and 10.11.

But more than just my own self-interest, I just wanted to thank you on behalf of everyone for doing this at all. This is a really spectacular thing that you do, and how you follow every user's questions to the conclusion, even if they are a total noob. I'm an information technology guy by trade so I've never bugged you for answers. But sometimes I did indeed have questions - but I tend to do a retrace on my part and figure it out.

So the most important thing I wanted to say is thanks, and I mean that sincerely. This is a truly great thing that you support with your efforts.

And now for the question.

I need to go to 10.11.1 because some software that I need to use had incompatibilities which are reportedly fixed in 10.11.1.

I tend to do clean installs, so I've downloaded 10.11.1 from a Yosemite install (so that it would not give me just the update to 10.11.1) from the app store and was going to go through the whole guide again to create an flash installer for this version. (I've already downloaded the latest Clover in preparation).

*My question to you is, are you aware of any problems or issues with 10.11.1 at this point in terms of compatibility with the procedures, or perhaps any problems with audio or other functions not working under this very new version?

I realize 10.11.1 is very new so perhaps you have not received adequate feedback yet but i just wanted to check with you 1st.

Best regards, and once again, thanks very much for your work on this platform.

Hi Rehabman.

I just wanted to take a moment to very sincerely thank you for your fantastic work you have put into the HP Envy guides. I have a need for a 17" Mac, which of course they no longer manufacture, and through your guide I've been able to put together a great working system, alternatively using both 10.10.5 and 10.11.

But more than just my own self-interest, I just wanted to thank you on behalf of everyone for doing this at all. This is a really spectacular thing that you do, and how you follow every user's questions to the conclusion, even if they are a total noob. I'm an information technology guy by trade so I've never bugged you for answers. But sometimes I did indeed have questions - but I tend to do a retrace on my part and figure it out.

So the most important thing I wanted to say is thanks, and I mean that sincerely. This is a truly great thing that you support with your efforts.

Thanks.

I need to go to 10.11.1 because some software that I need to use had incompatibilities which are reportedly fixed in 10.11.1.

I tend to do clean installs, so I've downloaded 10.11.1 from a Yosemite install (so that it would not give me just the update to 10.11.1) from the app store and was going to go through the whole guide again to create an flash installer for this version. (I've already downloaded the latest Clover in preparation).

*My question to you is, are you aware of any problems or issues with 10.11.1 at this point in terms of compatibility with the procedures, or perhaps any problems with audio or other functions not working under this very new version?

I realize 10.11.1 is very new so perhaps you have not received adequate feedback yet but i just wanted to check with you 1st.

10.11.1 requires Clover v3292 or later because of changes in the kernel that required I change the KernelPm code in Clover.

No other changes in 10.11.1 that I'm aware of...

Thank you,

Much appreciated ~

No -- wrong for Yosemite too.

Follow guide exactly as written.

Created new usb according to the guide. Patching is ok. Thx.
I've just noticed that screen brightness f2 & f3 don't work.. Will look what I missed.

I've just noticed that screen brightness f2 & f3 don't work.. Will look what I missed.

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Hi Rehabman.

I can confirm that 10.11.1 works perfectly. I upgraded using the Mac App Store from 10.11, and everything works as before. Rehabman, I seem to be running into a problem where Bluetooth breaks after sleep. I've attached the usual, and two screenshots.

kextstat|grep -y acpiplat

13 2 0xffffff7f82c95000 0x66000 0x66000 com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (4.0) 295F7A91-2DF7-3FFE-9550-A0C1A6F9D575 <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>

kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu

had no output.

This is before sleep. Notice the Mac address and Manufacturer
Screen Shot 2015-10-22 at 7.58.25 PM.png

This is after sleep:
Screen Shot 2015-10-23 at 8.04.37 AM.png
The address is zeroed out, and the manufacturer became Ericsson. Any ideas? Thanks for helping me!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    6.6 MB · Views: 139
  • MacBook Pro.ioreg
    3.6 MB · Views: 123
  • Rehabman.zip
    27.5 KB · Views: 115

I can confirm that 10.11.1 works perfectly. I upgraded using the Mac App Store from 10.11, and everything works as before. Rehabman, I seem to be running into a problem where Bluetooth breaks after sleep. I've attached the usual, and two screenshots.

kextstat|grep -y acpiplat

13 2 0xffffff7f82c95000 0x66000 0x66000 com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (4.0) 295F7A91-2DF7-3FFE-9550-A0C1A6F9D575 <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>

kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu

had no output.

This is before sleep. Notice the Mac address and Manufacturer
View attachment 158295

This is after sleep:
View attachment 158296
The address is zeroed out, and the manufacturer became Ericsson. Any ideas? Thanks for helping me!

Post ioreg captured after sleep.

Post output of:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

And:
Code:
grep -y brcmpatch /var/log/system.log

All looks normal (except for maybe the 10-sec processing time of BrcmPatchRAM2)...

No sign of 'ericcson' in the ioreg.

Have you tried a fresh install?

No I have not. Is it enough to just run the installer without wiping everything?

No I have not. Is it enough to just run the installer without wiping everything?

Create a separate partition for testing. Then install to that partition fresh.

I wonder about other stuff you may have installed...

Create a separate partition for testing. Then install to that partition fresh.

I wonder about other stuff you may have installed...

Nothing else. I only followed your guide to get everything working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back