Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Envy Haswell series J/K/Q/N using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello @RehabMan, having an issue I hope you can help me with. I did a clean flash of 10.12.5 and suddenly my HDMI port doesn't detect my TV when connected. It works in Windows so I know the port is still good. I did recently change my SMBIOS from MacBookPro11.1 to MacBookPro11.4 so wonder if that could be it? I have attached my Problem Reporting files if you don't mind taking a look? Thanks for your time.

Edit: Yep it was the SMBIOS. Sorry I answered my own question. Guess I just needed to think out loud lol

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Hello @RehabMan, having an issue I hope you can help me with. I did a clean flash of 10.12.5 and suddenly my HDMI port doesn't detect my TV when connected. It works in Windows so I know the port is still good. I did recently change my SMBIOS from MacBookPro11.1 to MacBookPro11.4 so wonder if that could be it? I have attached my Problem Reporting files if you don't mind taking a look? Thanks for your time.

Edit: Yep it was the SMBIOS. Sorry I answered my own question. Guess I just needed to think out loud lol

The guide recommends MacBookPro11,1.
This guide uses MacBookPro11,1. Do not use any other model identifier.

Hello OP,
I have installed Mac OS X El Capitan on my Q-series using this guide, much thanks to you. Now, I'm contemplating installing/upgrading to Sierra, but I can see that there's no guide for HP Envy haswell series in the Sierra laptop forum and no mention of Sierra on the first post of this thread too. Meanwhile, going through some pages back (on this thread), you replied to questions pertaining to Sierra. Does this mean there will not be a standalone guide for Sierra or you do not support direct Sierra installations?
Also, do you recommend upgrading to Sierra nevertheless? If so, what would be the best option for me (I'm currently running the latest version of 10.11), an upgrade (like detailed on the first page) or a fresh installation?
Thanks for your support.

Hello OP,
I have installed Mac OS X El Capitan on my Q-series using this guide, much thanks to you. Now, I'm contemplating installing/upgrading to Sierra, but I can see that there's no guide for HP Envy haswell series in the Sierra laptop forum and no mention of Sierra on the first post of this thread too. Meanwhile, going through some pages back (on this thread), you replied to questions pertaining to Sierra. Does this mean there will not be a standalone guide for Sierra or you do not support direct Sierra installations?
Also, do you recommend upgrading to Sierra nevertheless? If so, what would be the best option for me (I'm currently running the latest version of 10.11), an upgrade (like detailed on the first page) or a fresh installation?
Thanks for your support.

There are some Sierra fixes in this repo, but not all.
Make sure you read the Sierra thread:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-some-unsolved-problems-in-10-12-sierra.202316/
If I remember correctly, the only two things are missing is Lilu.kext + IntelGraphicsFixup.kext, but that only affects Safari.

If I remember correctly, the only two things are missing is Lilu.kext + IntelGraphicsFixup.kext, but that only affects Safari.
I only use Safari to download Chrome and I have HD4600, so I guess I don't have to use those kexts?
Do you plan on integrating the new 10.12 patches into the github repos of the first post?

I'll be sure to read the Sierra thread before installing. Please do you recommend an upgrade from El Capitan (using the 'major updates' section of the first post of this thread) or a fresh install of 10.12??

I was also wondering, could you suggest a way to backup the current setup I have? (10.11 dual boot with Windows 8.1)
When i start installing, I would report back on how things turn out.

Thank you

I only use Safari to download Chrome and I have HD4600, so I guess I don't have to use those kexts?

It is possible that the HD4400/HD4600 problem affecting Safari also affects other apps.

Do you plan on integrating the new 10.12 patches into the github repos of the first post?

Some are already there.
Some not (such as the ones I already mentioned).
New patches will be implemented based on feedback only.
I don't have the laptop.

I'll be sure to read the Sierra thread before installing. Please do you recommend an upgrade from El Capitan (using the 'major updates' section of the first post of this thread) or a fresh install of 10.12??

Either way.

I was also wondering, could you suggest a way to backup the current setup I have?

Disk Utility can be used to make a disk image.
Or you can use Time Machine.

Hello,

First of all, thanks for this tutorial. I installed sierra successfully on my laptop. However I have a major problem. Sometimes the computer does not turn off completely. I had the same problem with windows. This was an issue with the Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) driver. I do not know much about it ... could you help me?

Thanking you in advance.

Hello,

First of all, thanks for this tutorial. I installed sierra successfully on my laptop. However I have a major problem. Sometimes the computer does not turn off completely. I had the same problem with windows. This was an issue with the Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) driver. I do not know much about it ... could you help me?

Thanking you in advance.

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

I followed the guide and I m having issues with USB. I noticed that there are 2 EHCI ports not present in my laptop (HP17 and HP 18). My notebook had only 1 USB2.0 on the right side of the laptop named HP12 and a webcam named HP13). And 2) There is a XCHI port NOT present in my laptop too (SS03). I only have 2 usb3.0 on the left side of the laptop that are respectively SS01 and SS02 (HP11 and HP16 when connected a USB 2.0 device).

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 68
  • MacBook Pro.zip
    501 KB · Views: 65
  • RehabMan.zip
    44.2 KB · Views: 65
  • Schermata 2017-07-16 alle 17.21.59.zip
    69.4 KB · Views: 54
  • Schermata 2017-07-16 alle 17.22.23.zip
    99.7 KB · Views: 63
I followed the guide and I m having issues with USB. I noticed that there are 2 EHCI ports not present in my laptop (HP17 and HP 18). My notebook had only 1 USB2.0 on the right side of the laptop named HP12 and a webcam named HP13). And 2) There is a XCHI port NOT present in my laptop too (SS03). I only have 2 usb3.0 on the left side of the laptop that are respectively SS01 and SS02 (HP11 and HP16 when connected a USB 2.0 device).

First test would be to customize SSDT-HACK.dsl (UIAC) to correspond to your actual configuration.
Then see if the same problems happen (you didn't really mention any specific problems...)

I don't know who provided the data that led to the current UIAC content (which has 3 USB3 ports).

Note:
- HP18 was added to support touchscreen models (having the extra port there should not cause a problem on non-touch)
- HP17 is for bluetooth (maybe you don't have bluetooth hardware installed/enabled?)
- if you want to disable either of those ports use uia_exclude kernel flag, for example to disable both add uia_exclude=HP18,HP17 to config.plist/Boot/Arguments
- the USB2 vs. USB3 port, modify the code in UIAC.RMCF to exclude SS03 and fix UsbConnector values as appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back