Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Envy Haswell series J/K/Q/N using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried the alternative,

Comment: 0x0a260006 change 0105 port undefined #2
Find: <01050900 00040000 87000000 02040900 00040000 87000000>
Replace: <02040900 00080000 87000000 ff000000 01000000 40000000>

and Its working to. :D

so I stick with alternative now.

Ty my lord!

Please attach "Problem Reporting" files for verification.

Please attach "Problem Reporting" files for verification.

heres the files problem reporting.

All working great now. Beautiful

Attachments

• config.plist
    16.6 KB · Views: 263
  • ioreg.zip
    684.6 KB · Views: 86
Hi, I got macOS sierra working good on my HP envy 17-3270nr. My question is has anyone gotten the amd graphics in the PC to work? This would be nice to have to be able to run 3 screens instead of 2.

Thanks!

Hi, I got macOS sierra working good on my HP envy 17-3270nr. My question is has anyone gotten the amd graphics in the PC to work? This would be nice to have to be able to run 3 screens instead of 2.

Thanks!

As per FAQ, DGPU not supported in dual-GPU switched/routed configuration.
This guide disables it to avoid using battery power...

So this forum can't help me to get my hackintosh to run off my amd graphics? or just the thread?

Thanks

So this forum can't help me to get my hackintosh to run off my amd graphics? or just the thread?

Thanks

I don't think you're reading very carefully...
Dual GPU in a switched/routed configuration: DGPU not supported. Period.
This guide disables it to save power. There is nothing more to do.

I don't think you're reading very carefully...
Dual GPU in a switched/routed configuration: DGPU not supported. Period.
This guide disables it to save power. There is nothing more to do.

I'm sorry, I am confused because you are saying that this guide disables it to save power. On my hackintosh it shows the graphic cards information and knows that it is there, I am curious why I can't tell it to use the card over the intel onboard graphics. My question is, is the DGPU not supported by this forum? Or just not possible?

Thank you

I'm sorry, I am confused because you are saying that this guide disables it to save power. On my hackintosh it shows the graphic cards information and knows that it is there,

It means you didn't follow the guide in post #1.
Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

I am curious why I can't tell it to use the card over the intel onboard graphics. My question is, is the DGPU not supported by this forum? Or just not possible?

Not possible as detailed in the FAQ.

Hi, I've tried multiple times and I've come to the conclusion I have no idea. I think I've followed the guide, done it about 10x from scratch and it always ends with a DSMOS error when loading for the first time on the Envy. I've pressed F4, then took out the boot USB to my real MacBook to copy the entire Clover file from the EFI partition. Then I put the USB back into the Envy to take a screen shot and then uploaded the file here.

If I'm missing something, let me know

Attachments

• CLOVER Jun 11.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 60
  • 2017-06-11 11.13.25.jpg
    2017-06-11 11.13.25.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 84
Hi, I've tried multiple times and I've come to the conclusion I have no idea. I think I've followed the guide, done it about 10x from scratch and it always ends with a DSMOS error when loading for the first time on the Envy. I've pressed F4, then took out the boot USB to my real MacBook to copy the entire Clover file from the EFI partition. Then I put the USB back into the Envy to take a screen shot and then uploaded the file here.

If I'm missing something, let me know

This guide does not cover UHD/4k screens.
You will need to do significant extra work.
Read the FAQ:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back