Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Envy Haswell series J/K/Q/N using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming you followed this guide correctly, you should see an option to boot the installer in Clover.
is that when i restart? the only two options i have when i click install and it restarts is login to mac partition or windows 10 partition

ok i figured i had to update clover
now i see the install osx on start up
but i get kernel panic

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 99
Last edited:
is that when i restart? the only two options i have when i click install and it restarts is login to mac partition or windows 10 partition

ok i figured i had to update clover
now i see the install osx on start up
but i get kernel panic

No photo of the KP provided.

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

I'm guessing it is a panic from the PS2 keyboard driver, as the VoodooPS2Controller.kext you have in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other is too old for Sierra.

Ok
No photo of the KP provided.

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

I'm guessing it is a panic from the PS2 keyboard driver, as the VoodooPS2Controller.kext you have in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other is too old for Sierra.

Ok il update my voodoops2controller kept and report back

Edit: updated my voodoops2controller and it worked
Had to do the wifi kept tweak in order to get wifi working
Everything is working fine
I followed your instructions on page one in regarding to major updates on what you must do
Volume, brightness, caps lock.. all working great
Can say everything is working fine
Thanks heaps mate, appreciate your work

Last edited:
ok ive found an issue
when i close my lid and the laptop goes to sleep
when opening the lid screen stays black
running os sierra

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

My HDGraphic 4600 only 7mb. Help me

Attachments

• hp envy q series 15.ioreg
    8.9 MB · Views: 100
  • RehabMan.zip
    49.1 KB · Views: 80
Are there any plans to update this guide to also include skylake processors for the same laptop models or is that not possible?

Are there any plans to update this guide to also include skylake processors for the same laptop models or is that not possible?

Support for other models should be done in a separate guide.

Hallo Rehabman,

My elcapitan work like a charm, I used it for like 1 year.
and I update to Sierra (with backup first using Carbon copy)
after I update from apple store.
my sierra update is kernel panic. then I delete Vodoo kext. after that my sierra is working, but internal keyboard and touchpad is notworking.
then I install New Vodoo Kext with Kext Wizard. it work without reboot.
and then I reboot, but it restart before show up login screen.
then I delete Vodoo Kext from safe mode (it boot on safe mode). and rebuild again with kext wizard. but still it restart before show up login screen.
I change vodoo kext to other version, but still restart.

then i went back to el capitan with carbon copy, but again, my partition has gone. 2 backup partition is gone. and only sierra parttion left. its no problem for me elcapitan has gone. Sorry for my bad english.

I Read Problem reporting from page 1. but I dont know how to make that, because my mac is not booting up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back