Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] HP Elitebook 8470p Radeon - 10.13+11.+12. | OpenCore

Go back to the installer main screen and open up Disk utility to reformat your target partition HFS+, i.e. Mac OS Extended (Journaled), not APFS. Then you can go as normal.
I have tried to format with Mac OS Extended (Journaled) but still faced the same problem. macOS version I'm trying to install is 16.8.00. Or I have to change version?

Last edited:
Replace your EFI by EFI file in the attached > SMC reset > NVRAM reset then try boot and install.
I just add platformInfo and minor change in NVRAM>Add

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 105
Replace your EFI by EFI file in the attached > SMC reset > NVRAM reset then try boot and install.
I just add platformInfo and minor change in NVRAM>Add
Thanks for your supporting. After I replaced EFI from the attached it did not boot up OpenCore.

Mr boo. You are trying to install big sur on a system with Catalina and using clover? Did you wipe the drive or partition it? When I set mine up, I too was using Catalina and clover. I partitioned the hard drive for the big sur install and I booted and installed from the boot stick and continued to tweak OC from the boot stick until I had a stable boot. Then I copied OC from the boot stick overtop my clover efi when Catalina and Big Sur were booting and functioning properly. Keeping the clover and Catalina gives you the ability to boot back into Catalina to fix your OC boot if you muff it up. OC will load both Catalina and Big Sur. If you screw it up, you might get stuck with nothing booting. That why I kept a working boot loader installed until all was good. Start with chris111 HP OC bigsur installer. Dortania guide with help as well and once you’ve gotten to a point maybe someone can help you without having to redo your whole system…start with getting the installer to boot. One step at a time…good luck

Maybe don't use Chris's installer. Your laptop is not the same as the ones in this thread.

Ivy Bridge is the third generation of the Intel processor using a 7th Generation chipset (Series7) in the Fourth generation Elitebook 8470p

You are using a Broadwell and its the fifth generation of the Intel Processor using a 9th Generation chipset (Series9) in your Sixth generation EliteBook Folio 1040 G2

Chris HP OC Big Sur installer is for series 6 and 7
Chris's ssdt patches for your mobo are a likely issue as well as the intel7Series-Injector.kext

These are the sstd patches for the Broadwell as suggested in Dortania guide
build a config following the Haswell/broadwell settings in the pictures in the guide.

Attachments

• Acpi.zip
    4.5 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Thanks Jarmster71.
Hi Mr.boo, I just add PlatformInfo and config.plist>NVRAM>Add>csr-active-config in your config in last post.
You can try again this EFI, that I removed csr-active-config.
It is a better way that you read the Dortania guide and build by your own. I think it detailed enough for you, and your hardware is native support by OC, therefore it should be no problem.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 102
Thanks Jarmster71.
Hi Mr.boo, I just add PlatformInfo and config.plist>NVRAM>Add>csr-active-config in your config in last post.
It is a better way that you read the Dortania guide and build by your own. I think it detailed enough for you, and your hardware is native support by OC, therefore it should be no problem.
how come you removed:
Code:
<key>csr-active-config</key>
                <data>
                5wMAAA==
                </data>
?

Mr boo. You are trying to install big sur on a system with Catalina and using clover? Did you wipe the drive or partition it? When I set mine up, I too was using Catalina and clover. I partitioned the hard drive for the big sur install and I booted and installed from the boot stick and continued to tweak OC from the boot stick until I had a stable boot. Then I copied OC from the boot stick overtop my clover efi when Catalina and Big Sur were booting and functioning properly. Keeping the clover and Catalina gives you the ability to boot back into Catalina to fix your OC boot if you muff it up. OC will load both Catalina and Big Sur. If you screw it up, you might get stuck with nothing booting. That why I kept a working boot loader installed until all was good. Start with chris111 HP OC bigsur installer. Dortania guide with help as well and once you’ve gotten to a point maybe someone can help you without having to redo your whole system…start with getting the installer to boot. One step at a time…good luck

Maybe don't use Chris's installer. Your laptop is not the same as the ones in this thread.

Ivy Bridge is the third generation of the Intel processor using a 7th Generation chipset (Series7) in the Fourth generation Elitebook 8470p

You are using a Broadwell and its the fifth generation of the Intel Processor using a 9th Generation chipset (Series9) in your Sixth generation EliteBook Folio 1040 G2

Chris HP OC Big Sur installer is for series 6 and 7
Chris's ssdt patches for your mobo are a likely issue as well as the intel7Series-Injector.kext

Thanks Jarmster71.
Thanks, I will try

Again guys, here what I created through guides to create EFI folder (OpenCore) but it stuck at booting. Thank in advance guys.

Attachments

• EFI+Booting Report.zip
    15.9 MB · Views: 77
  • IMG_4005.JPG
    IMG_4005.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 77
Again guys, here what I created through guides to create EFI folder (OpenCore) but it stuck at booting. Thank in advance guys.
Hi Mr.boo!

Config/Kernel/Quirks/AppleXcpmCfgLock - change to YES.
If it doesn't worked. Click

I'm curious as to what people are using for bluetooth with this laptop.
I was using a BCM943224HMS for wifi and a QDS-BRCM1043 module for BT with Catalina. After upgrading to Big Sur, I had to apply the workarounds to get the Wifi functioning. I decided to upgrade the wifi to BCM94352HBM to avoid using the workarounds. This new Wifi module also has 4.0 BT. The original BT module is not 4.0 and I think this is why I'm not able to use airdrop.

Has anyone been able to enable the BT in a wifi+BT 4.0 Broadcom card.
I tried unplugging the QDS-BRCM1043 module to see if the new BT would enable. It did not. I may need a different kext, i dont know.

Hmmmm...
Available Part # for BT Module from HP 8470p Maintenance and Service Manual
655792-001....HP Bluetooth Module 4.0 ENH Data Rate BCM92070MD
Every pic I see of this board is the same one I bought below but sellers advertise it as a BT 4.0.

QDS-BRCM1043 BCM92070MD HP DM4 WPAN 2.1 Bluetooth Module.
This leaves me a little confused but still leaves my original question. Anyone managed to get the wifi + BT cards working with BT

Last edited:
Back