Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] HP Elitebook 8470p Radeon - 10.13+11.+12. | OpenCore

I would say it is not supported by the Legacy Patcher yet.
My thought is you should try 11.2.3, since almost everything works only this one doesn't.
If not, we will look deeper.

Edit: Your EDID is different, you have a Full HD screen if i'm right. You can try this.
I've also tried with my EDID that I got it from a SwitchResX dump. No luck :rolleyes:

I've also tried with my EDID that I got it from a SwitchResX dump. No luck :rolleyes:
I assume it's correct.
Maybe, you don't need to use: @0,display-link-component-bits and @0,display-pixel-component-bits. Change the value or comment out.
Search Mobile GPU and look at this.
But first, take a shot with 11.2.3.

Thank for your kind support.
I have the last question:
- i installed OS big sur 11.2.3 follow legacy guide, it’s done. i’m using your post-efi with SSDT that i dumped from my laptop, updated all last ver of kexts.
Now, my laptop has only one problem with amd card graphic, its got 3MB, no driver, wrong screen resolution (1600x900), VGA port not work.
I don’t understand how to fix.
Could you explain for me.
BRG!
@Congnguyenbk93 do not switch around MacOS versions, I didn't see your all comments but have one recommendation for you is choose your target MacOS version then try to fix your config file fit with your system. OpenCore use kext inject from OC boot loader, no kext install to S/E or S/L/E so you no need reinstall system or install another MacOS version. Anyway, read carefully comment from DaveJ1 and Feartech, don't give-up too quickly.

Thank for your kind support.
I have the last question:
- i installed OS big sur 11.2.3 follow legacy guide, it’s done. i’m using your post-efi with SSDT that i dumped from my laptop, updated all last ver of kexts.
Now, my laptop has only one problem with amd card graphic, its got 3MB, no driver, wrong screen resolution (1600x900), VGA port not work.
I don’t understand how to fix.
Could you explain for me.
BRG!
#109 - You had a graphic acceleration in that picture. Which version of Big Sur was it? What did you do differently that you don't have now?

Have you installed the Legacy Patcher? - Screenshot 2 showing “no kext loaded”.

Please do not use the VGA port until you get everything on the main screen correctly.(not on booting, during installation and if you have a display port, try with that.)

Attach the EFI you are using.

#109 - You had a graphic acceleration in that picture. Which version of Big Sur was it? What did you do differently that you don't have now?

Have you installed the Legacy Patcher? - Screenshot 2 showing “no kext loaded”.

Please do not use the VGA port until you get everything on the main screen correctly.(not on booting, during installation and if you have a display port, try with that.)

Attach the EFI you are using.
thanks everyone. I'll sit back and give more time to finish my hackintosh as your guide.
sorry to disturb you.
BRG!

thanks everyone. I'll sit back and give more time to finish my hackintosh as your guide.
sorry to disturb you.
BRG!
it's totally okay. We will help you.

I'm back. This weekend I tested dGPU on 11.2.3 also in 11.5 & 11.6. But same issue like before. I've focused only in 11.2.3 now to try to fix it. Screen in the main display it's still messy - color strobbing - See attached photos :

- QE/CI seems to load fine(only when I include aty_bin image on config.plist) - The speed and everything else it's smooth.
- I even flashed my BIOS to 0.74 - Still dGPU acts the same - blurry graphics -
- Tried 8/10 bit with ResXtreme - Screen loads fine after for 0.5sec then comes back at the old blurry graphics
- Backlight Controls - Working after installing Legacy Patches -
- I exported bios.rom from Linux & EDID. (EDID it's the same like from SwitchResXtreme export ### Also vbios.rom its the same like yours after comparing the values).

---- Have u also flashed your VideoGraphics Bios ?

Also if I remove the aty_bin image from config.plist, after reboot when I try to click on status bar icon (wifi/clock/battery) it logs me out popping the error 'gioScreenLockState' then I have to type the password to re-login . This happens every time I try to click status bar icons.

If anyone can guide me on this, I only need to fix my MainDisplay graphics color strobbing issue, I'm not planning for dual monitor setup ! Or if anyone has any clues i'd be thankful. At this point I'm willing to pay anyone to help me on this last thing.

P.S @DaveJ1 you can update the 1st page - And confirm that backlight controls are working on 11.5 & 11.6. See my #95 Edit.

Thank you all.

Attachments

• IMG_7429.jpeg
    IMG_7429.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 148
  • IMG_7440.jpg
    IMG_7440.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 78
  • IMG_7388.jpg
    IMG_7388.jpg
    748 KB · Views: 72
  • Screen Shot 2021-09-25 at 20.58.23.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-25 at 20.58.23.png
    266.1 KB · Views: 73
  • Screen Shot 2021-09-25 at 20.38.56.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-25 at 20.38.56.png
    728.2 KB · Views: 75
  • Screen Shot 2021-09-26 at 13.04.40.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-26 at 13.04.40.png
    38.3 KB · Views: 74
I'm back. This weekend I tested dGPU on 11.2.3 also in 11.5 & 11.6. But same issue like before. I've focused only in 11.2.3 now to try to fix it. Screen in the main display it's still messy - color strobbing - See attached photos :

- QE/CI seems to load fine(only when I include aty_bin image on config.plist) - The speed and everything else it's smooth.
- Tried 8/10 bit with ResXtreme - Screen loads fine after for 0.5sec then comes back at the old blurry graphics
- I exported bios.rom from Linux & EDID. (EDID it's the same like from SwitchResXtreme export ### Also vbios.rom its the same like yours after comparing the values).

Also if I remove the aty_bin image from config.plist, after reboot when I try to click on status bar icon (wifi/clock/battery) it logs me out popping the error 'gioScreenLockState' then I have to type the password to re-login . This happens every time I try to click status bar icons.

If anyone can guide me on this, I only need to fix my MainDisplay graphics color strobbing issue, I'm not planning for dual monitor setup ! Or if anyone has any clues i'd be thankful. At this point I'm willing to pay anyone to help me on this last thing.

P.S @DaveJ1 you can update the 1st page - And confirm that backlight controls are working on 11.5 & 11.6. See my #95 Edit.

Thank you all.
Separate the two image display problems.

1. when the colors are correct but occasionally flashes and inverts the image.
2. when the colors are distorted but not flashing. (First picture with the Hackintool System tab)
Which on is common?

0.74 Bios is the latest and not related. Our devices are mostly the same, that’s why we sharing the vBios.rom. And EDID is different because of the different displays.

The way I see it, this is a configuration issue.
Picture 5: you don’t need “AAPL.iq-platform-id” - this for IGP.
At the “mobile GPU” part.
Further details.

The 2. display problem(above) i had, it was because i didn’t set “@0,display-link-component-bits” and “@0,display-pixel-component-bits”.
I think the whole issue is exist because you have higher screen resolution, different bit depth, etc.
Use the 2. Link.
Try my config/GPU part alone first, then change(6>8bit) or delete “bits” key.
You just need to find the right setting.

Thank you for sharing, i will change it and maybe try it. It was an update 4 days ago, that's why.

Last edited:

Thank you all.
I tried with 11.6, but for some reason i didn't get the brightness control.
What did you do differently?

Back