Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] HP Elitebook 8470p Radeon - 10.13+11.+12. | OpenCore

You missed the guide to convert to vBios.rom, i cannot open for furthermore information.
Do it again or use Clover and F6, if you really want to, because your machine is working as great as possible for the circumstances.
Nothing to see here. Check my guide “What's not working:” or this. This is OCLP related issue.
Change your background image and Finder glitch is changing with there. Maybe you can turn off some visual features in system pref.
Any other note?

Last edited:
You missed the guide to convert to vBios.rom, i cannot open for furthermore information.
Do it again or use Clover and F6, if you really want to, because your machine is working as great as possible for the circumstances.
Nothing to see here. Check my guide “What's not working:” or this. This is OCLP related issue.
Change your background image and Finder glitch is changing with there. Maybe you can turn off some visual features in system pref.
Any other note?
No all things are very well. Thanks for all.

Hi DaveJ1, lebuidinh,

Do you have an experiment for Hp8470p iGPU only. Now I try with Big Sur 11.5.2 but can not enable QE/CI. Also, it has problems with Broadcom Bluetooth, it always fails as attached picture.

@lebuidinh,
Could you share with me the EFI folder? It seems my laptop and yours are much similar than DaveJ1.

Attachments

• 13ad6ae1f5e803b65af9.jpg
    13ad6ae1f5e803b65af9.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 71
Hi DaveJ1, lebuidinh,

Do you have an experiment for Hp8470p iGPU only. Now I try with Big Sur 11.5.2 but can not enable QE/CI. Also, it has problems with Broadcom Bluetooth, it always fails as attached picture.

@lebuidinh,
Could you share with me the EFI folder? It seems my laptop and yours are much similar than DaveJ1.
In my opinion, if you read carefully the Opencore install guide and make your EFI from scratch, it has to work.

You can try with this:
1, Click - best shot
2, Click - a bit dated
3, Click - more specifically Click

Your BT. issue, just disconnect from the board, it is under the touchpad. But first, check your EFI, or upload and maybe i can say something.
Similar machines, check my Spec>Bios. Search and find. It will eventually work.

In my opinion, if you read carefully the Opencore install guide and make your EFI from scratch, it has to work.

You can try with this:
1, Click - best shot
2, Click - a bit dated
3, Click - more specifically Click

Your BT. issue, just disconnect from the board, it is under the touchpad. But first, check your EFI, or upload and maybe i can say something.
Similar machines, check my Spec>Bios. Search and find. It will eventually work.
Hi DaveJ1,
Thanks for your comment. In the attached file is my EFI, I am using SMBIOS is MacBookPro11,2.
BIOS (ver F.74) setting for your reference:
Trust Module Platform: Enable (I need it for Windows 11)
Parallel port: Enable (I prefer using Fingerprint sensor)
VT-d: Enable
Other than this I am following common guide.
Please help if there are any incorrect settings for both BIOS and config.

Attachments

• Post EFI.rar
    8.5 MB · Views: 137
Hi DaveJ1,
Thanks for your comment. In the attached file is my EFI, I am using SMBIOS is MacBookPro11,2.
BIOS (ver F.74) setting for your reference:
Trust Module Platform: Enable (I need it for Windows 11)
Parallel port: Enable (I prefer using Fingerprint sensor)
VT-d: Enable
Other than this I am following common guide.
Please help if there are any incorrect settings for both BIOS and config.
Have you tried those links? If your main problem is only graphics acceleration, your HD4000 patch is incorrect under Deviceproperties.
If you stuck, then try the first link, do a working system, look at the generated config file and that's your initial point.
It’s just a possible direction, the point is you figure it out, it makes you successful.
Bios setup is okay.
BTW.: W11 is working TMP 1.2?

Have you tried those links? If your main problem is only graphics acceleration, your HD4000 patch is incorrect under Deviceproperties.
If you stuck, then try the first link, do a working system, look at the generated config file and that's your initial point.
It’s just a possible direction, the point is you figure it out, it makes you successful.
Bios setup is okay.
Hi DaveJ1,
I trying it now, so far so good.
Regarding W11, it under dev channel so still work with TMP1.2. But not sure what is going on release channel afterwards. Hope MS can keep support for TMP1.2 on it.

Bios setup is okay.
Today I try more but still have same problem with graphics acceleration, you can see my setting and output as below:
Even Graphics/Display show all look like ok but still no acceleration. ( I also try DSDT rename GFX0 to IGPU but no effect). Do you have any ideal on this?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-09-04 at 20.13.21.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-04 at 20.13.21.png
    387.7 KB · Views: 105
  • Screen Shot 2021-09-04 at 20.31.07.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-04 at 20.31.07.png
    111.2 KB · Views: 103
Hi DaveJ1,
I trying it now, so far so good.
Regarding W11, it under dev channel so still work with TMP1.2. But not sure what is going on release channel afterwards. Hope MS can keep support for TMP1.2 on it.
Open this, and at the opening tab, what you see under QE/CI?

Last edited:
Back