Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] HP Elitebook 8470p Radeon - 10.13+11.+12. | OpenCore

Last edited:
Updated Guide for Monterey and Big Sur!

Hey!
How did you get AMD 7650M to work with QE/CI in Big Sur/Monterey?

Hi ramrasekar!

A proper config with the right DeviceProperties, boot args and dGPU Device ID + OpenCore Legacy Patcher. Basically.
Read the guide, take your time and come back with the specific question.

hi, well i finally installed Big Sur on my laptop (11.6.8)
but i can't seem to enable DRM - VDAChecker gives me error VDADecoderCreate failed. err: -12473
so if you can help me, i would be grateful haha.
i also tried the OC guide for enabling iServices -iCloud, Apple ID and App Store works, but iMessage and FaceTime just logs me out after few seconds.
also wanna ask, if sleep/wake and airdrop was resolved - mostly the sleep/wake haha

hi, well i finally installed Big Sur on my laptop (11.6.8)
but i can't seem to enable DRM - VDAChecker gives me error VDADecoderCreate failed. err: -12473
so if you can help me, i would be grateful haha.
i also tried the OC guide for enabling iServices -iCloud, Apple ID and App Store works, but iMessage and FaceTime just logs me out after few seconds.
also wanna ask, if sleep/wake and airdrop was resolved - mostly the sleep/wake haha
Hi derkftb!

DRM is broken after High Sierra, at least of the OC guide said. I read some thread where somebody tricked a few config properties and boot args, but i don’t know if that worked.

My first thought is the NVRAM is working properly? - check on pre-boot and after in terminal.

Also read some comments, where it’s worked via some boot args?!
Airdrop is working when you install a Wireless adapter which was intend to be in a Mac product.

Hi derkftb!

DRM is broken after High Sierra, at least of the OC guide said. I read some thread where somebody tricked a few config properties and boot args, but i don’t know if that worked.

My first thought is the NVRAM is working properly? - check on pre-boot and after in terminal.

Also read some comments, where it’s worked via some boot args?!
Airdrop is working when you install a Wireless adapter which was intend to be in a Mac product.
thanks for your reply :)
how do i check the nvram ?
can you maybe link me to the boot args ?

thanks for your reply :)
how do i check the nvram ?
can you maybe link me to the boot args ?
You can start in here. (Verifying NVRAM - but the whole page is useful)
I honestly don't know where i read that, i assume somewhere under a github OC guide.(related to this modell)
Anyway, because this is a dGPU installation and using OCLP, that a no go. (HD4000 would be another case)
(but i have to say, if you put a lot of time into it, probably it can be solved.)

Back