Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] HP Elitebook 8470p Radeon - 10.13+11.+12. | OpenCore

Thienluong89. Can I see your config that you boot Monterey with. Just the config. No need for the whole efi. I have boot issues where the boot hangs.I loaded the debug version of OC and it booted to the desktop lol, after hanging on boot a dozen times prior.
Also, You use AppleALC for your sound? I use voodooHDA and the volume sucks. The volume fix for voodoo doesn’t work for me. Thinking about switching over but I’m interested in how it works for you.

Thienluong89. Can I see your config that you boot Monterey with. Just the config. No need for the whole efi. I have boot issues where the boot hangs.I loaded the debug version of OC and it booted to the desktop lol, after hanging on boot a dozen times prior.
Also, You use AppleALC for your sound? I use voodooHDA and the volume sucks. The volume fix for voodoo doesn’t work for me. Thinking about switching over but I’m interested in how it works for you.
Attached file for your reference.
Where did your boot stuck at? If can please take picture.
Some time I got this, I guess it due to VoodooPS2Controller.kext. With my laptop, I use Rehabman version (1.9.2), it more stable than newer version (from vit9696 or someone else, I don't remember).
Try NVRAM reset and boot again, I don't think OC debug version can help you in this case.
Yes, Apple ALC work with me.

Attachments

• config.plist
    35.3 KB · Views: 63
ok I don't see you using CtlnaAHCIPort so I guess this does not affect this laptop. That could be all my problem right there. I also see your not using an IO80211 patch for your wifi. What wifi card do you use? Yes it freezes at VoodooPS2Controller.kext. I disable the touchpad kext too.

Well that works a bit better,lol
I have a question about your audio. I flipped it over to AppleALC but the volume level is the same. I could hear a video in a quiet room and that's about it. All volume levels are cranked. I even replaced the speakers in the laptop and it was the same. Do you get good sound from your internal or at least what you would expect?

Using AppleALC, I lose other audio output options. Only have external speakers.
VoodooHDA gave more output options

Last edited:
ok I don't see you using CtlnaAHCIPort so I guess this does not affect this laptop. That could be all my problem right there. I also see your not using an IO80211 patch for your wifi. What wifi card do you use? Yes it freezes at VoodooPS2Controller.kext. I disable the touchpad kext too.

Well that works a bit better,lol
I have a question about your audio. I flipped it over to AppleALC but the volume level is the same. I could hear a video in a quiet room and that's about it. All volume levels are cranked. I even replaced the speakers in the laptop and it was the same. Do you get good sound from your internal or at least what you would expect?

Using AppleALC, I lose other audio output options. Only have external speakers.
VoodooHDA gave more output options
Yeah. I need replaced original wifi card by BCM20702A0.
Regarding audio it come out with low volume but same between Macos and Windows, and my internal speakers was damaged before. So I don't care about it. Anyways, i using external display with speakers and sound quality is good for me.

Here is my EFI.
I see you are using clover. Sorry, we are talking about OC, I don't use clover for a long time, so cannot support you.
Better you can using this tool if you still want stay with clover or move to OC then I can support you.

I see you are using clover. Sorry, we are talking about OC, I don't use clover for a long time, so cannot support you.
Better you can using this tool if you still want stay with clover or move to OC then I can support you.
May you create an EFI folder for me if you don't mind. But if you are busy that's fine. Thanks:)

May you create an EFI folder for me if you don't mind. But if you are busy that's fine. Thanks:)
Mr.boo, you should study by yourself first. Your study, your knowledge. If you do something wrong, we can help. But firstly you need start from yourself.

Mr.boo, you should study by yourself first. Your study, your knowledge. If you do something wrong, we can help. But firstly you need start from yourself.
I did some research about how to create EFI folder for laptop using OpenCore. This is what I got but once I reached to selection drive to install it showed me as in the image below.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 63
  • IMG_3984.JPG
    IMG_3984.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 76
  • InkedIMG_3985_LI.jpg
    InkedIMG_3985_LI.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 72
I did some research about how to create EFI folder for laptop using OpenCore. This is what I got but once I reached to selection drive to install it showed me as in the image below.
Go back to the installer main screen and open up Disk utility to reformat your target partition HFS+, i.e. Mac OS Extended (Journaled), not APFS. Then you can go as normal.

Back