Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] HP Elitebook 8470p Radeon - 10.13+11.+12. | OpenCore

Hi Dave11,
Thank you for your time.
Yes I've created my own SSDT-PM and haven't done any changes.
I played with ResXtreme but still same issue. Also what's weird, when I plug in VGA Monitor colors works great in 2nd monitor, but not in main Display...
I'm using MacBookPro10,2 as SMBIOS - Big Sur 11.6. Maybe I should go back to 11.2.3.
View attachment 529543
vga hasn't been supported on macs for well over 10 years....

Hi DaveJ1, thank for your advice. Could you check my IOreg file and give me some advices? That is all information when I finished install High Sierra with your pre-efi ( I only adjusted wifi and bluetooth by itlw kext + heliport app).
But I saw that "unsupport CPU" when booting.
BRG!
I haven't tested OC on HS. For HS i recommend Clover. Do you want HS instead of Big Sur?
Try one more time with Big Sur 11.2.3 and follow #84.
What Combo Wifi card are you using?

Last edited:
Hi Dave11,
Thank you for your time.
Yes I've created my own SSDT-PM and haven't done any changes.
I played with ResXtreme but still same issue. Also what's weird, when I plug in VGA Monitor colors works great in 2nd monitor, but not in main Display...
I'm using MacBookPro10,2 as SMBIOS - Big Sur 11.6. Maybe I should go back to 11.2.3.

This is from my screenshot(colors are strobbing, as here it shows clear. didn't have my phone to take a picture straight from display).
View attachment 529543
When you first connecting an external monitor you get distorted colors and maybe freeze. Restart and usually works.
i still haven't tried vga port and Feartech has a point.

So, what's the issue after that? SMBIOS and System Report look right, the dock is white. QE/CI?

On 11.6 do you have backlight control?

I haven't tested OC on HS. For HS i recommend Clover. Do you want HS instead Big Sur?
Try one more time with Big Sur 11.2.3 and follow #84.
What Combo Wifi card are you using?
Opencore can work with high sierra :)

When you first connecting an external monitor you get distorted colors and maybe freeze. Restart and usually works.
i still haven't tried vga port and Feartech has a point.

So, what's the issue after that? SMBIOS and System Report look right, the dock is white. QE/CI?

On 11.6 do you have backlight control?
The issue is that i have only one GPU(dGPU at this laptop) and i get color strobbing. I can't use it properly as screen its a mess.
No, backlight control doesn't work in 11.6, same for 11.5(i've tested it).

###Edit - I re-tested on this weekend, backlight control works after installing Legacy Patches on Big Sur 11.5 & 11.6. Must have missed something previously.

Last edited:
The issue is that i have only one GPU(dGPU at this laptop) and i get color strobbing. I can't use it properly as screen its a mess.
does your laptop also have intel graphics?

On the picture i see 10bit too. Try the other 8bits.

does your laptop also have intel graphics?
Bios Locked. It was configurable in the early times, not anymore. One or the other, not both.

Bios Locked. It was configurable in the early times, not anymore. One or the other, not both.
ahh ok, as i didn't think brightness worked on non intel graphics....

Back