Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] HP Elitebook 8470p Radeon - 10.13+11.+12. | OpenCore

I have copied the same config on my (8570p, i7-3610QM & only dGPU Radeon HD 7570M) and it's all working perfectly. Except for dGPU which is showing 5MB. Does anyone know how to guide me to full set up config of this dGPU to be shown 1GB instead of 5MB ?
I also used OC Legacy Patcher for enable graphics(QE/CI). But after installing it, screen is full wrong blurry colors even though GPU shows 1GB. I installed SwithResx to apply 1Milion Color Depth, but still same issue.
Thank you !

I have copied the same config on my (8570p, i7-3610QM & only dGPU Radeon HD 7570M) and it's all working perfectly. Except for dGPU which is showing 5MB. Does anyone know how to guide me to full set up config of this dGPU to be shown 1GB instead of 5MB ?
I also used OC Legacy Patcher for enable graphics(QE/CI). But after installing it, screen is full wrong blurry colors even though GPU shows 1GB. I installed SwithResx to apply 1Milion Color Depth, but still same issue.
Thank you !
Hi astrkr!
Use ResXtreme, set to 8-bit and choose the highest. Have you created your own cpu-pm or did any other changes?

Firstly, i installed hackintosh follow as dotania guide but can not finish. Some installer that i got in the internet cannot help me boot by offline method. I don’t know my processing or intaller pack has problem.
Secondly i change to online method. I got your EFI (pre efi) and recovery file, this method is ok. I finished install. Then, i’m on going with post-install, but i don’t know where to start? Therefore, i stopped with your pre efi, and lack almost functions.
So, after you finished the installation and on the desktop, grab "my" postefi(only modification is thienluong89 CPU-PM) and paste to your disk/EFI partition.
At this point, you just need to follow my "In Short" part of my guide. The SIP customization, and Legacy Patch installation.

There is a note under the Lenovo guide. "This guide only exists to show you that you can re-enable it – not that you should do it!" - If you haven't noticed any drawbacks, then leave it.
Hi DaveJ1, did you need fixing CFG look on you laptop? Actually when I re-check, my laptop has CFG look and maybe it make XCPM cannot enable. But I don't know how to turn of it even read Dortania guide here (I don't know how to open BIOS firmware with UEFITool).

Hi DaveJ1, did you need fixing CFG look on you laptop? Actually when I re-check, my laptop has CFG look and maybe it make XCPM cannot enable. But I don't know how to turn of it even read Dortania guide here (I don't know how to open BIOS firmware with UEFITool).
i got "This firmware has LOCKED MSR 0xE2 register!" from mine. Use "ControlMsrE2.efi" instead of "VerifyMsrE2.efi".
AppleCpuPmCfgLock set to Yes - for this reason.

So, after you finished the installation and on the desktop, grab "my" postefi(only modification is thienluong89 CPU-PM) and paste to your disk/EFI partition.
At this point, you just need to follow my "In Short" part of my guide. The SIP customization, and Legacy Patch installation.
Tks

Last edited:
Hi Dave11,
Thank you for your time.
Yes I've created my own SSDT-PM and haven't done any changes.
I played with ResXtreme but still same issue. Also what's weird, when I plug in VGA Monitor colors works great in 2nd monitor, but not in main Display...
I'm using MacBookPro10,2 as SMBIOS - Big Sur 11.6. Maybe I should go back to 11.2.3.

This is from my screenshot(colors are strobbing, as here it shows clear. didn't have my phone to take a picture straight from display).
Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 18.15.17.png

Back