Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] HP Elitebook 8470p Radeon - 10.13+11.+12. | OpenCore

DaveJ1, As per talk I don't want use the trick. So that is why I still talk in case no graphics acceleration to find out better ways for me.
I will arrange time to do following Feartech and your recommendations.
Hi, Could u give me your EFI? plsss
I’m confused with my laptop.

Hi, Could u give me your EFI? plsss
I’m confused with my laptop.
Hi Cong,
Please see attached file for your reference. I don't know what MacOS version you are install, so I attached 2 EFIs:
ver 0.7.2: It made by me following Dortania guide for Big Sur
ver 0.7.3: Created by Chris/HP ProBook Elite Book Installer tool - for Monterey.
Please noted that both of them just cannot enable graphics acceleration, other thing all ok.
You need generated your own SMBIOS and add to my config before use.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    76.4 MB · Views: 259
Hi Cong,
Please see attached file for your reference. I don't know what MacOS version you are install, so I attached 2 EFIs:
ver 0.7.2: It made by me following Dortania guide for Big Sur
ver 0.7.3: Created by Chris/HP ProBook Elite Book Installer tool - for Monterey.
Please noted that both of them just cannot enable graphics acceleration, other thing all ok.
You need generated your own SMBIOS and add to my config before use.
I looked into your efi(ver 0.7.2). Here are some thoughts:
You have IMEI.aml, but for what reason? (and XOSI?) - Did you try without them?
EC, HPET, PNLF is seem to be good.

PM - "machdep.xcpm.mode.....: 0" - Do you have a working xcpm? - IOREG
+ Kernel/Patch/XCPM patch missing?!

Under Kext is no patchram3(BT) + there is newer IntelMausi.

ACPI/Patch/5 - XHC1 to SHCI - Why do you need? - Checking IOService
+ I see you create USBMap.

QE/CI - Did you tried with only - AAPL,ig-platform-id 04006601 just alone? (PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0) + Audio PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1B,0x0)

Kernel/Quirks/ThirdPartyDrives is NO. = no Trim support

QE/CI - Did you tried with only - AAPL,ig-platform-id 04006601 just alone? (PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0) + Audio PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1B,0x0)

I’m using his efi 0.7.3 and stuck more than 1 hour in processing as image. What should i do now???

I’m using his efi 0.7.3 and stuck more than 1 hour in processing as image. What should i do now???
In thienluong89 EFi you only need PM under ACPI, paste this to "my" postEfi and make a try.

If it's fail, you grab preEfi and boot to the Desktop. Open a Terminal and paste one by one:
1-curl -o ~/ssdtPRGen.sh https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh/Beta/ssdtPRGen.sh
2-chmod +x ~/ssdtPRGen.sh
3-sudo ~/ssdtPRGen.sh -x 1

Finder/Go/Go to Folder and type ~/Library/ssdtPRGen/
Rename SSDT.aml to SSDT-PM and paste to the postEFI - ACPI folder, then paste this PostEfi folder to the Disk/Efi. - Restart, see what is happening. Please use ProperTree and Cmd+Shift+R every time when you're changing the EFI folder. This is crucial.

Hi DaveJ1,
Thanks for your comments:
1. I am using IMEI and XOSI cause by try to fix graphics but no effect. Same for with and w/o it.
2. XCPM look like working, I already check in IORegistry.
3. In the kexts folder I don't put patchram3 because it make my system crash. And w/o it my wifi/bluetooth still working well.
4. XHC1 to SHCI: you are correct, no need it. I just try it when I do USB mapping but actually no need.
5. I never try only AAPL,ig-platform-id 04006601. Let me try it. Anyways now I am in Monterey with EFI created from Chris tool.

Hi DaveJ1,
Thanks for your comments:
1. I am using IMEI and XOSI cause by try to fix graphics but no effect. Same for with and w/o it.
2. XCPM look like working, I already check in IORegistry.
3. In the kexts folder I don't put patchram3 because it make my system crash. And w/o it my wifi/bluetooth still working well.
4. XHC1 to SHCI: you are correct, no need it. I just try it when I do USB mapping but actually no need.
5. I never try only AAPL,ig-platform-id 04006601. Let me try it. Anyways now I am in Monterey with EFI created from Chris tool.
That's great!
How It Works with Monterey?

Yes, you can try Monterey. It working with my hardware, even I need use the trick as per talk before
Well, it's a fair compromise given the circumstances. When you find the acceleration issue, just post it.

Back