Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] HP Elitebook 8470p Radeon - 10.13+11.+12. | OpenCore

It makes no sense. You did a new installation and then installed the Package Creator and still not working?
Check the bottom: Click - Maybe... - *use this.
Try the second link what i post earlier. Change the platform-id to the higher screen resoultion ID.
If none of this works, i mean just go back to basics.* (or search a similar device EFI)

It makes no sense. You did a new installation and then installed the Package Creator and still not working?
Check the bottom: Click - Maybe... - *use this.
Try the second link what i post earlier. Change the platform-id to the higher screen resoultion ID.
If none of this works, i mean just go back to basics.* (or search a similar device EFI)
I just using Package Creator to create a installation usb and take EFI from it and replaced my current EFI then start as post installation following Chris111 guide. But it still not work with iGPU HD4000. Do you think there is any related with my SMBIOS choose? My CPU is i5-3320M but I choose SMBIOS MacBookPro11,2.
I also try with basic guide from dortania but same issue.
Anyways, I will try 2nd link in your previous post. If can not work I will do new installation with Package Creator installation usb.

Last edited:
You don't need any EFI in that case, the Package Creator do everything(Pre/Post), if i am correct.
Yes, MacBookPro11,2 is for Haswell architecture, i use 11,3 for install and 10,1 for post.
Your SMBIOS for install 11,1 and post is 10,2.(when you manually set up)
You missed something, find it.

Last edited:
You don't need any EFI in that case, the Package Creator do everything(Pre/Post), if i am correct.
Yes, MacBookPro11,2 is for Haswell architecture, i use 11,3 for install and 10,1 for post.
Your SMBIOS for install 11,1 and post is 10,2.(when you manually set up)
You missed something, find it.
Hi DaveJ1,
In Chris111 guide he said Package Creator related to OC and kext injection, no kext install inside system or system modification. That is reason why I just make USB installation by Package Creator then copy EFI folder from there as my fresh EFI folder to start post install.
Anyways, how to use SMBIOS 10,2 in post installation? Because of when I set SMBIOS is 10,2 in config file and restart to post install, OC will stop me from boot and said that unsupported macOS version.

Hi DaveJ1,
In Chris111 guide he said Package Creator related to OC and kext injection, no kext install inside system or system modification. That is reason why I just make USB installation by Package Creator then copy EFI folder from there as my fresh EFI folder to start post install.
Anyways, how to use SMBIOS 10,2 in post installation? Because of when I set SMBIOS is 10,2 in config file and restart to post install, OC will stop me from boot and said that unsupported macOS version.
try MacBookPro11,2

Hi Feartech,
Yes, I am trying it. But just fail at enable graphics acceleration as you see in my previous post.
with Big Sur, you can try any of these:
MacBookAir6,1
MacBookAir6,2
MacBookPro11,1
MacBookPro11,2
MacBookPro11,3
MacBookPro11,4
MacBookPro11,5

remember to reset nvram on each try

with Big Sur, you can try any of these:
MacBookAir6,1
MacBookAir6,2
MacBookPro11,1
MacBookPro11,2
MacBookPro11,3
MacBookPro11,4
MacBookPro11,5

remember to reset nvram on each try
Thanks, Let me try one by one.

Hi DaveJ1,
for unsupported macOS version error, just add this to your boot args. "-no_compat_check"
check the 3rd link, which is a similar device.
Chris111 guide has to work, when you run the post installer, just check the relevant boxes and that's all, creates your EFI. Is this correct?

Edit: The config.plist file is the reason you do this.(if everything else is right) - For the base line.

Last edited:
Yes DaveJ1,
For make the base line, so I need do like that with EFI folder. I just don't understand why I follow all check box as Chris111 guide but after reboot still missing CPU power management and can use only internal display (I need do adjustments in Device properties for using 2nd display-external display). I also need add SSDT-PM in ACPI folder to enable CPU PM after that. But no graphics acceleration come out at all.
for unsupported macOS version error, just add this to your boot args. "-no_compat_check"
check the 3rd link, which is a similar device.
Chris111 guide has to work, when you run the post installer, just check the relevant boxes and that's all, creates your EFI. Is this correct?

Edit: The config.plist file is the reason you do this.(if everything else is right) - For the base line.

Back